PDA

View Full Version : Are the collectibles manageable without a guide?

gatorbait
01-08-2008, 05:09 AM
I'm going through the levels and getting all the achievements but until I got this game today from Gamefly I wasn't aware there are 75 for the four types of collectibles scattered around Springfield. Do you guys think these all are manageable without a guide or is it best to sit down and use a guide for this one. I love this game and want to get a good amount of points out of this game but don't feel like sitting down for hours having to use a guide to track down the 250 collectibles throughout Springfield.

Sajaa
01-08-2008, 05:25 AM
The Springfield collectibles are definitely manageable without a guide, you might get stuck on some though. I thought finding them all was going to be a pain at first but it was actually pretty easy with a guide. Only took about 45 minutes per set.

lostmotiv
01-09-2008, 03:56 AM
ya the collectible guide for this game is a great tool, they arent insanely difficult to find but hugely time consuming because theres so many of em.

Judog1
01-12-2008, 03:48 AM
Most of the collectibles are fairly easy to get and can most likley be found without a guide.

ArtzryD
01-12-2008, 08:36 AM
About 300 collectibles, so not as intense as Crackdown (500) or Assassin's Creed (~460 including Templars) Just make sure you have all the abilities you need before you start hunting in Springfield.

aussiestatic
01-12-2008, 09:05 AM
my advice is DONT pick up any collectables in springfield until you finish the game.

once youve finished the game print out a guide from gamefaq's and mark off each collectable as you find it.

it took me about 30 minutes per character in springfield following such a guide

Thorpe
01-18-2008, 01:20 AM
The ones in levels you might need to look up (not so many) but could be anywhere on a level. The ones in Springfield sound like they are tough finds but it is quite compact (compared to Hit & Run).

abearden
02-05-2008, 05:40 AM
Take your time and cross them off as you go! I had to retrace my steps on Lisa and Marge's because I got distracted and missed a couple. The hardest to get will be the Homer Duff cap in the Pokemon spoof and the egg ones in the Zelda/LoTR spoof.

III SS III
02-05-2008, 07:18 PM
definitely use a guide

Larry109uk
02-08-2008, 03:57 PM
I personaly didn't use the guide but enjoyed messing about the town and seeing what was about. In the end to clean up when I found an item I instanly headed to a bus stop and swapped up so I could find the last few... Homer and cracks were the last on my list ! :D

Kochise
02-15-2008, 04:41 AM
Yea they all are easy to find. I had got the game the day it came out and managed to find em all before there was even a complete list or guide for them so I would say enjoy this game and actually play it and not use a guide. Good Simpson game like this comes around rarely.

SneakyEllis
02-16-2008, 06:00 PM
ya the guide def made it a lot easier, i couldnt imagine doing it without the guides

RuggersAssassin
02-17-2008, 03:16 AM
Use a guide its just better i used a guide but i still cant find them all and its too boring...

DocRevolt
03-19-2008, 12:52 AM
I got about 60-70 for each character, then watched online videos to scout for the ones I missed. I didn't even have to use any videos or guides for Lisa (her collectibles are easy).

winter182
03-23-2008, 08:50 PM
I managed to find them all in springfield without using i guise it isn't so hard if you go make sure you know where you have been n have got all the collectibles in that area before moving on, i guess it could make it easier with a guide though

gatorbait
05-17-2008, 12:44 AM
I managed to find them all in springfield without using i guise it isn't so hard if you go make sure you know where you have been n have got all the collectibles in that area before moving on, i guess it could make it easier with a guide though

Well I finally decided to go back and rent this game seeing as all those collectible achievements net you a huge amount of points. So far the guide has made it very easy, I'm just working on Springfield but I know a few of those would have given me trouble to find on my own.