PDA

View Full Version : Running Total of Possible # of Achievements

Chuckles
01-08-2008, 08:45 PM
I think it would be a cool idea to have a running total on the front page of the current total of achievements possible as well as the total possible top score. You could discern this as all of the achievements or even leave out ones that are glitched and therefore impossible to get, minus hacking which we don't endorse.

LethalRope
01-08-2008, 08:49 PM
Nice idea sure its probably been though of before but its simply to difficult to count all games and calculate the total G. Think of all the Japanese games and retails and then DLC. To hard just to hard :(

Xterm1n8or
01-08-2008, 08:55 PM
Nice idea sure its probably been though of before but its simply to difficult to count all games and calculate the total G. Think of all the Japanese games and retails and then DLC. To hard just to hard :(

I don't think it would be that hard. It would just take somebody dedicated to keep up to date when new games are released and notice when older games get extra achievements.

mjda
01-08-2008, 10:02 PM
More then likely this is all already stored in the x360a DB anyways. It would take just 1 simple query from the DB and a total. This, however, is something that might should be cached because it could be strenuous on the server each time this total has to be calculated due to the huge number of games.

I would suggest getting a script that will take the total now, store it, then only add to that total every time a new game is submitted.

I think this is a great idea, and it shouldn't be very tough to implement.

Bodangles
01-09-2008, 12:44 AM
any fool with a calculator can do it:

Achievements Available-
Retail: 8,197 (not counting same game for diff. country, i.e- The Darkness)
Arcade: 1,373 (assuming only Band of Bugs and Small Arms have DLC)
Japanese: 1,627 (some games matched, like Lost Odyssey and Tenchu Z and were excluded)
Total: 11,217

Points Available-
Retail: 233,600 (same conditions)
Arcade: 22,885 (same conditions)
Japanese: 31,200 (same conditions)
Total: 287,650

That's about 25 and half points per achievement. (25.64411162)

i have 20,760 / 287,650. 7 PERCENT! woohooo!
i have 758 / 11,217. 7 PERCENT! top score!

all your info :)

by the way,
you owe me something.

Netnabi4
01-09-2008, 12:57 AM
any fool with a calculator can do it:

Achievements Available-
Retail: 8,197 (not counting same game for diff. country, i.e- The Darkness)
Arcade: 1,371 (assuming only Band of Bugs has DLC)
Japanese: 1,627 (some games matched, like Lost Odyssey and Tenchu Z)
Total: 11,217

Points Available-
Retail: 233,600 (same conditions)
Arcade: 22,850 (same conditions)
Japanese: 31,200 (same conditions)
Total: 287,650

That's about 25 and half points per achievement. (25.64411162)

i have 20,760 / 287,650. 7 PERCENT! woohooo!
i have 758 / 11,217. 7 PERCENT! top score!

all your info :)

by the way,

you owe me something.

Only one problem... Small arms has 235 points and that was DLC, so BOB isnt the only one. Just thought i'd mention it.

puckup
01-09-2008, 12:59 AM
that would be pretty sweet

Bodangles
01-09-2008, 01:05 AM
Only one problem... Small arms has 235 points and that was DLC, so BOB isnt the only one. Just thought i'd mention it.

yea yea edited. nice catch. oh and birky says:

o, your right. Good Job BUDDY!!! (lets have butt sex) :woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::drunk

he's a 10. go get em ;)

Birky
01-09-2008, 01:07 AM
yea yea edited. nice catch. oh and birky says:

he's a 10. go get em ;)

O NOZ!! They are call PRIVATE MESSAGES for a reason you know!!! eeek!

Bodangles
01-09-2008, 01:10 AM
O NOZ!! They are call PRIVATE MESSAGES for a reason you know!!! eeek!

oh. my bad. next time don't tell me that

When i see Nabi online, i want to talk to him, but, well, i don't know. it's just the way he says my name. it makes me feel all warm and tingly inside. i wish i could find a way to express my feelings to him.

i'll keep the rest out for the sake of our children ;)

Birky
01-09-2008, 01:13 AM
oh. my bad. next time don't tell me that

i'll keep the rest out for the sake of our children ;)

Now your just making up quotes and linking them to random threads!! BAH-HUM-BUG!!! I will admit to the first quote, but the second one is entirely Dangelized. If you even think about putting in the 'sig worthy' quote with all ther smiles I will make an entire thread dedicated to dumb things you say, I swear!!!

Bodangles
01-09-2008, 01:31 AM
i'm sorry, Birky. to the world, i took his first quote completely out of context and i might have made up that second quote.

I'm okay with it.

Anyways, think it would be even awesomer if we had one, two, or both of these things:

a.) total number of member's achievements compared to possible number of achievements (that''s a lot lot lot)
b.) the achievements we have compared to the possible ones. not the total number. say the members on this site has achieved every achievement but 5. that would be awesome and we would gain members looking for help on achievements, since they know some member has achieved them.
-the only way to do this, i assume, is if every member kept their checklists up to date.i do, but idk about everyone else. not my area. only Routine and his majestic-like nature could figure that out...:)

RokBXx
01-09-2008, 03:30 AM
This is a cool idea, I agree to it, as long as someone has time to keep track and stuff, sounds great.