PDA

View Full Version : Most overhyped game of 2007

Bajan Elite
01-09-2008, 05:52 PM
Okay so I know a lot of you will say Halo 3, but a lot will also say Assassin's Creed or BioShock or COD4 or Mass Effect so I wanna hear all ya opinions. For me Halo 3, I have yet to play Mass Effect but whatever. All of these games where overhyped in some ways but H3 takes the freakin cake by far.

runninglizard55
01-09-2008, 06:39 PM
Okay so I know a lot of you will say Halo 3, but a lot will also say Assassin's Creed or BioShock or COD4 or Mass Effect so I wanna hear all ya opinions. For me Halo 3, I have yet to play Mass Effect but whatever. All of these games where overhyped in some ways but H3 takes the freakin cake by far.
i voted assassins creed. i loved it but i was expecting so much more from it. plus the twist is given away in the first 5 minutes.

mjda
01-09-2008, 06:46 PM
I'm going to have to say Halo 3. With all the hype leading up to this game, I was expecting the best FPS ever to hit the market. When I got the chance to play this game, I was extremely disappointed, and really felt cheated and tricked. The online play is great, but the campaign mode was a bit repetitious for my liking. I think it could've been alot better.

Paleo Looshe
01-09-2008, 07:18 PM
Call of Duty 4

Everyone that thinks Halo 3 was overhyped is on something, I love the game and thought bungie did an awesome job with it. WOOOOOOOOO HALO 3 :drunk

o0PTIMUS PRIMEo
01-09-2008, 08:32 PM
yea they did do a good job on halo 3 but they did not make it the best game ever like it was hyped to be

hungry animals
01-10-2008, 03:58 AM
I would say Bioshock. I've played all those games and Bioshock has held me for the least amount of time. It was just so boring and dull. I don't see how everyone loves it.

artvandel4y
01-10-2008, 05:12 AM
No Kane and Lynch? That game was pure hype and no substance. It acted like it was going to change the world, but instead gave us a combat system worse than Mass Effect, with spotty AI and inconsistent graphics. This is hype, not rating.

newbsicle
01-10-2008, 05:27 AM
Halo 3 without a doubt. The buzz on h3 was out the day h2 came out...

The thing I hate is how bungie gets credit for all the innovation when really all they do is take great ideas from other games and run with it in theirs.

synister EFFECT
01-10-2008, 05:33 AM
Im going to go with Halo 3. It had the most sold copies of any game, and yet in one month it seemed that it had the most copies to be sold back to stores. But I can't say much. I have all 1000 ach. points(not like thats a hard task) and a grade 2 captain, but it got old really fast.

xxBEASTMOBILExx
01-10-2008, 05:36 AM
Ppl are going to say halo 3 cuz they probably either suck at rank, or its not that fun for em. My vote is assassin's Creed becuz for being posted on games as advertisments and a big hype when microsoft bought it from PS3. It was repetitive for me, not saying how it wasn't fun and ncie graphics, but not the game i thought it would be. CoD4 wasnt hyped at first, it just became so popular on multi once ppl start playing it.

Slarak
01-10-2008, 04:06 PM
Halo 3 by far because all of the other games listed had so much depth and unique features that makes them great buys. All halo had was a large advertisement budget.

newbsicle
01-10-2008, 05:13 PM
Ppl are going to say halo 3 cuz they probably either suck at rank, or its not that fun for em. My vote is assassin's Creed becuz for being posted on games as advertisments and a big hype when microsoft bought it from PS3. It was repetitive for me, not saying how it wasn't fun and ncie graphics, but not the game i thought it would be. CoD4 wasnt hyped at first, it just became so popular on multi once ppl start playing it.

NO. People are going to say halo 3 because it's the most hyped game in the history of gaming. Even if the game found a way to print $100 bills it would still be hyped beyond any other.

Assassin's creed was only expected to do decent but it in fact sold tons of copies because of it's innovation. Not saying it's an awesome game, I haven't even played it yet... I'm just going by what the numbers say.

Impulse
01-10-2008, 05:18 PM
Assasins Creed imho.. It was a clever concept and i was really looking forwards to it.. But 2 hours in and it was all down the drain.. Think i had a weird sense of Deja Vu around 200 times in that game

brouger
01-10-2008, 05:32 PM
i would say blue dragon if it were an option

PerpetualHeaven
01-10-2008, 06:37 PM
i would say blue dragon if it were an option

That game was barely hyped and it's a turn-based RPG. How many Westerners love turn-based since the growth of Western RPGS? Hardly anybody.

Anyways, I vote Halo 3. First, I really enjoy online and I do not suck.. that badly. I own the limited edition game. Now, the hype for the game was huge. I don't see how everyone couldn't vote this game as being the most overhyped. It was on game fuel, chips, other beverages, a million contests, tons of commercials, other form of advertising, etc. Honestly, it probably had a bigger campaigning budget then Obama Barrack or Hilary Clinton have for their presidency run.

Anyone who said COD4 must be insane. The online formula is new and fresh, plus the offline experience is enticing, difficult, and rewarding. Gotta love it.

nekobun
01-11-2008, 03:36 AM
Loved the game, but all the choice and freedom they plugged in Bioshock still just boiled down to two endings. Kind of weak. They didn't even do any achievements for going the "evil" route.

Halo 3 was pretty hyped, but I consider that par for the Halo course anymore, so I guess I just ignored it.

Agent Earl
01-11-2008, 04:59 AM
definatley halo 3, such a major major letdown.
im done with halo now.

HoodMod
01-11-2008, 05:11 AM
^^^
Agree w/ AgentEarl, especially his last statement!

I don't know who would say anything but Halo 3, except somebody who hasn't played it. Even the achievements were god-awful. I wanted like, a kill 100k people online achievements and crazy stuff like that.

Bajan Elite
01-11-2008, 05:33 AM
i'll agree Kane and lynch kinda had some hype going for it but it was nothing to compete with the other games I listed, this game had mostly words to go by and some videos that was released on XBL no tv comercials since the would have to censor it not much hype going down, no demo no beta nothing just words from ign.com and others.

xLCDx
01-11-2008, 06:36 AM
Assassins Creed, that game was garbage.

MyAbsolution
01-11-2008, 08:32 AM
Assassin's Creed did suck and had lots of hype... but id still have to go with halo 3.

Halo franchise is something microsoft loves to sell, and they sure are good at hyping their products and making a spectical. The game was short (too short), and it really didnt offer anything massively new to the series. Altho im not saying its a bad game, just that its not the best.

xRogue 5x
01-11-2008, 03:52 PM
Halo 3 is my choice. The rest of them have been stellar titles well worth any hype they received. The only thing thats keeping the turd that is halo floating is the multiplayer and its legion of tools.

Bajan Elite
01-11-2008, 05:01 PM
Halo 3 is my choice. The rest of them have been stellar titles well worth any hype they received. The only thing thats keeping the turd that is halo floating is the multiplayer and its legion of tools. I hate the multiplayer now so unbalanced, crappy exp system, lame maps, only cool thing was some weapons and the playback feature I didn't care much for Forge.

matthewmcg360
01-11-2008, 07:24 PM
Assassins creed because it is fucking shit and it looked so good before.

DeStiN3d
01-11-2008, 11:09 PM
How can people even suggest BioShock or Mass Effect were over-hyped games? I thought they completely lived up to the hype.

Maka
01-11-2008, 11:16 PM
BioShock..

Does not deserve GoTY or any of the other praises it received from reviewers. Its an average single player experience with no replayability.

B Rad8908
01-11-2008, 11:17 PM
hmmm such a hard question......HALO 3!!!

DeStiN3d
01-11-2008, 11:23 PM
BioShock..

Does not deserve GoTY or any of the other praises it received from reviewers. Its an average single player experience with no replayability.

Besides the fact that it's extremely fun and when you're done playing through it once you'll realize how short the game is and play through it again therefore creating it's own useless and completely spontaneous replayability? =D

I agree though. BioShock was absolutely amazing, but way to short and no meaningful replayability.

aussie_warrior117
01-12-2008, 12:04 AM
Bioshock, looked good but then I thought they can't pull off what they promise. Remember, Bioshock promised a universe of playability they gave us a city. Not literally, but it's just a metaphorical sort of thing.

Darth Odan
01-12-2008, 02:12 AM
BioShock..

Bioshock has been the most over hyped game I've played. I agree with you Maka, to the last word. After Bioshock, Halo 3. No, I didn't suck. I reached captain within a week of it being released[not playing hardcore] and couldn't do it anymore. Same thing as Halo 2 with just added features.

Sanction
01-12-2008, 02:26 AM
Whoever didn't vote for Halo 3 is a fool or blind. That game was so overhyped it wasn't even funny. A new flavor of Mt.Dew? Military issued meals? And all those commercials with that diorama...c'mon, how isn't it Halo 3?

It is a good game though, just not on par with it's hype level.

Kwyjibo3637
01-12-2008, 02:32 AM
The name "Halo" is just a hype machine that Bungie couldn't keep up with.
I don't think those other ones were anywhere near as hyped up as Halo 3..H3 had the whole world hyping it, not just the "hardcore" gamers..
I put Halo 3 fanboys close to the Sony fanboys.
The single player in Halo 3 was great, but the multiplayer just wasn't for me.

puckup
01-12-2008, 02:36 AM
Mass Effect was way over hyped but so was halo. but i am going to have to go with Mass Effect becuase i thought this game was gonna be amazing but i was wrong very wrong!

gatorbait
01-12-2008, 04:56 AM
Halo 3. I've actually given the series more of a chance and although I don't despise the series anymore I still find it overrated. I wouldn't say it's an awful game, it's still great but with the sales records it sets and the "system seller" titled that goes along with it I must be missing something.

Gebadire
01-12-2008, 04:25 PM
Halo 3 for me, it was nowhere near what I thought it would be!

Bajan Elite
01-12-2008, 04:52 PM
The name "Halo" is just a hype machine that Bungie couldn't keep up with.
I don't think those other ones were anywhere near as hyped up as Halo 3..H3 had the whole world hyping it, not just the "hardcore" gamers..
I put Halo 3 fanboys close to the Sony fanboys.
The single player in Halo 3 was great, but the multiplayer just wasn't for me. Yes yes yes singler player rocked but multiplayer quickly became a pain to play wether I won or lost and I won a lot, mainly slayer matches, when the zombie mode came out it breathed a lil life into it but that couldn't last long. I was only really hyped about story mode and the 4 player co-op and that delivered for me

PerpetualHeaven
01-12-2008, 04:56 PM
Bioshock, looked good but then I thought they can't pull off what they promise. Remember, Bioshock promised a universe of playability they gave us a city. Not literally, but it's just a metaphorical sort of thing.

I don't even see it on your tag.

BioShock..

Didn't even complete the game.

Bioshock has been the most over hyped game I've played. I agree with you Maka, to the last word. After Bioshock, Halo 3. No, I didn't suck. I reached captain within a week of it being released[not playing hardcore] and couldn't do it anymore. Same thing as Halo 2 with just added features.

Neither did you. You only got 60 points!

I would say Bioshock. I've played all those games and Bioshock has held me for the least amount of time. It was just so boring and dull. I don't see how everyone loves it.

Same with you too!

Is it a coincidence that I've never seen someone who's completed the entire game and say they don't enjoy the game? Mmmm. :p Only complaints I've heard from people who completed it is that the game is too short. That's it. Would you kindly please finish the game? :p If you don't get it, then you need to go actually finish the game.

aussie_warrior117
01-12-2008, 11:53 PM

Yeh finished it at a mates place, I really made up my mind when I finished it, I said, "Have fun with it mate". Pretty bad considering little things intrigue me such as shiny objects and parking tickets.

drno
01-13-2008, 12:09 AM

Neither did you. You only got 60 points!

Same with you too!

Is it a coincidence that I've never seen someone who's completed the entire game and say they don't enjoy the game? Mmmm. :p Only complaints I've heard from people who completed it is that the game is too short. That's it. Would you kindly please finish the game? :p If you don't get it, then you need to go actually finish the game.
I've finished the game. Personally I disliked BioShock. The scenery, enemies, and weapons hardly ever changed throughout the game making it very repetitive. The combat was rather bland (point and shoot) but the plasmids did make up for it a small amount.
Unfortunately the plasmids were somewhat useless beyond a few (TK and lighting come to mind as the only useful ones). It was a good game and I can respect the artistic design involved but it was too over-hyped and I personally didn't enjoy it much beyond the first 30 minutes or so.

UNDERWALLY
01-13-2008, 02:00 AM
How can u vote for Halo 3? Assassin's Creed hands down, it was supposed to be a big game, great, but it sucked, very repetitive

PerpetualHeaven
01-13-2008, 01:36 PM
I've finished the game. Personally I disliked BioShock. The scenery, enemies, and weapons hardly ever changed throughout the game making it very repetitive. The combat was rather bland (point and shoot) but the plasmids did make up for it a small amount.
Unfortunately the plasmids were somewhat useless beyond a few (TK and lighting come to mind as the only useful ones). It was a good game and I can respect the artistic design involved but it was too over-hyped and I personally didn't enjoy it much beyond the first 30 minutes or so.

To each their own there. I think your complaints can't hold water though. You've played Shadowrun, COD4, Orange Box, and Halo 3. You don't point and shoot in that? It's also like saying that the objects you throw in Halo 3 are useless. They aren't if you know what you're doing. I'm sure you didn't experiment enough with the plasmids. You're also in a city. How much more variety would you want? Surprisingly there's a ton of creativity in each area such as Arcadia and the Farmers Market. But again you're in a city, so the design element will be the same. That's why when you go into a City, they tend to look similar throughout ;)

knockton55
01-13-2008, 03:21 PM
Bioshock really want dissapointing at all. That shouldnt be on the list, neither should Mass effect or COD4. Bioshock was a great original FPS game, Mass Effect was a fantastic RPG and COD4 was probably the years best online game. Assassin's creed and Halo 3 on the other hand are different, in my eyes Halo 3 is actually very very good. Whereas my vote'd go to Assassin's creed, but only because of the Replayability. It wasnt a bad game. None of these games are anywhere near 'bad' anyway

Laufton_13
01-13-2008, 04:13 PM
Bioshock would be the most over hyped for me I just don't see what the big deal was it was short and repetive and everyone tells me how creepy it was, I didn't even jump once. But the one thing I did like about that game was the enviorments the city looked great.

P.S. Why is Mass Effect on the list? It did eveything it promised

Kozzy
01-13-2008, 07:43 PM
its got to be assassians creed the game was so overly hyped for a game that was no where near as good as it was "suppose" to be

KINGxSAINT
01-13-2008, 07:46 PM
Assassins Creed

Dragonfire 360
01-13-2008, 08:23 PM
Assassin's Creed gets my vote.
Sure it was good, but it was just way too repetitive.

Halo 3 wasn't overhyped in my opinion. I still play it with my friends and have a lot of fun. I'm done with AC, and I really have no reason to go back and play it again.

PhantomNemesis
01-13-2008, 08:51 PM
Halo 3 got my vote. Don't get me wrong, it was good, but I expected more than that. Some of the maps were just terrible like The Pit, the only gametype that had a lot of vehicles was BTB, and that's social playlist. I played Halo on the PC because the vehicle combat was so fun. If I want to fight on my feet I'll play CoD4, GRAW 2 and the like.

Assassin's Creed barely missed it, I loved the concept of an Assassin, but the 'twist' was terrible. It was very repetative as well, if the Investigations were varied from just those to something more like mini-scripted assassination's like the ones on the leaders. Or if you had to follow someone and dangle them off a balcony, rather than just collecting flags and fighting some bloke.

Bioshock was okay, I doubt I could replay after I get 1000 (doubt I can get 1100). But it was still fun, and I couldn't lay a hand against CoD4 or Mass Effect, they're just that good for me.

antnie
01-13-2008, 08:53 PM
Halo 3 by far. i got a call from verison wireless on my phone saying that i should reserve halo 3 at my local gamestop.

xVx AR3S xVx
01-13-2008, 08:57 PM
A Game Really cant be over-hyped if its good ( Halo 3 CoD 4 Mass Effect Bioshock)

Bax x360a
01-13-2008, 09:01 PM
This question should not even need to be asked. Halo 3 without a doubt. All that hype for a borderline crap game, it got my hopes up and shattered them completely. I'll never play a Halo game again. Can't believe people are saying Bioshock... It was barely hyped, and an incredible experience in my opinion.

Doominatorx6
01-15-2008, 01:00 AM
Bioshock was really good, but not worth the "better than halo 3" hype. Plus considering I beat it in a weekend with 900G in one playthough, its overly easy as well.

eXyle
01-15-2008, 02:08 PM
Yeah Halo 3 by far, same old stuff

Not buying Halo games anymore...

III SS III
01-15-2008, 07:33 PM
in my opinion not only was Halo 3 over hyped but it was likely my biggest disappointment...likely because out of those I had the highest expectations for halo...i try not to get caught up in expectations bc they can ruin a good experience but overall i feel that halo just did more of the same...its was all good but nothing too spectacular...i know forge is in there but its not for me and for some reason online just doesn't feel like it used to...cod4 seems to scratch the online itch a lot better for me

Kr0ni
01-15-2008, 07:58 PM
I would have a hard time saying "Halo 3."

Mainly because, if I consider hype, advertisement.. I simply can't say, I've seen more Halo ads than, BioShock, Assassin's Creed, or GoW for that matter.

Halo 3 is also at a natural disadvantage against the rest of the games in this poll.. Because, Halo 3, had H2 & H:CE. I find when most people talk about Halo being over-hyped. Its simply not the case. People just had too many big expectations for the game.

But rightfully so, since it had two previous games. All the rest of them had nothing else to live up to, they could be the biggest flops ever, and no one would really care. (CoD an exception)

I own 4 out of the 5 titles. I would have to say, Assassin's Creed was built entirely on hype. The actual game very boring and repetitive, and the combat system so easy that it can be mastered in the first two minutes. You can only hold up, and press X for so long, before you realize that a game is simply not as good as the hype.

Impulse2119
01-15-2008, 11:26 PM
Its gotta be halo 3. The game really didnt do anything special. I havent even touched halo 3 since i got CoD4. Last time I played halo was back in november.

Tubson57
01-15-2008, 11:33 PM
Halo 3 was and is still a great game to play on campaing as well as multiplayer. But compared to the world changing hype that came with it, I can easily see this as the most overhyped.
________
glass bong (http://glassbongs.org/)

Cold Rival
01-15-2008, 11:34 PM
Lol, I didn't even bother reading the first post. I just saw Halo 3 and clicked straight away! Massive disappointment! (And it seem'd I'm not the only one to think it was crap! :p)

Beno 21994
01-15-2008, 11:57 PM
most overhyped was 100% assassins creed. it was good for the first 2 days but then you realize no matter how far you get in to it its the same thing every time. so i think assassins creed sucked and was overhyped.:mad:

SkillfulMmd
01-15-2008, 11:59 PM
halo 3 for sure i mean a creed didnt have celbs go to the opening

Kwail
01-16-2008, 12:06 AM
I would have to say Assassin's creed, I was majorly dissapointed but I'm sure if I hadn't of had such high expectations then I would have liked it much, much more.

benbam87
01-16-2008, 12:08 AM
Halo 3 due to the fact the Bioshock could never be overhyped as it is truley amazing. COD 4 is the game I play he most so it can not be that. Assassins Creed is a very fun game to play. Halo 3 is boring
and repeditiv, I was over it by three days have not played since, I will put Halo back sometime but just for the achievements.

Ben Sharpe
01-16-2008, 12:11 AM
mass effect i was really looking forward to it and then my 360 RROD just the day before it came so i got really hyped for the game and i found it to be fairly disappointing, i was expecting the best rpg ever and it wasn't even close to being half as good a oblivion

Bolt
01-16-2008, 01:57 AM
easily Assasins Creed it was a great game but they could've implemented it better. It needed more side quests kind of like GTA.

Bajan Elite
01-16-2008, 04:49 PM
it does sadly its mostly looking for flags, but you also can track down and kill the 60 templars, save all the citizens and reach all the view points, unless you did all that in one play through before you ended the story, that's quite a lot side missions if you ask me let's see over 300 or 400 flags to collect, 60 templars to actually fight and kill, and over 30 citizens to save and tons of view points, too bad i hate collecting flags but the game still rocked.

Moshambi
01-16-2008, 05:00 PM
i vote halo 3...what game with "halo" in the title is ever not hyped about?

Steed
01-16-2008, 10:06 PM
I would have to say Halo 3. Don't get me wrong, I still think the game was awesome, but it somehow felt lacking. This game had so much hype it was pretty much impossible for the game not to be over-hyped.

Halo 3 still has the best online in my opinion, though unfortunately, I cannot get Live where I live but I play it at my friends house when I can and I think it has 10x better online then COD4. :(

Bajan Elite
01-19-2008, 05:40 PM
Wooooot another one for Halo Wooot hahahahahah I can't see myself picking up that game anymore

eXyle
01-19-2008, 05:43 PM
Halo 3 ofcourse, too much hype for a mediocre game

Ruthless
01-19-2008, 06:17 PM
Is there really any point to this thread, everyone knows it was HALO FUCKING 3!!!!!

ToyzNTheHood
01-19-2008, 06:36 PM
Everyone was whining how far away halo was. Especially 12 year olds...
I voted halo, Even though it wasnt good IMO.

DeathWish93
02-02-2008, 03:53 PM
Assassins Creed, because theres barely any replay value ( looking for all templars and flags isnt my idea of fun )

Nightdragon
02-02-2008, 04:10 PM
Halo 3 was such an overhyped game, i liked it, but i dont think it lived up to its expectations.

Kaner99999
02-03-2008, 08:27 PM
I thought it was Assassins Creed!
I liked it but I dunno I just think it was to repetitive!

potato28
02-03-2008, 09:28 PM
Halo 3, it didn't suck but it wasn't amazing.

Tussell
02-03-2008, 10:02 PM
I voted Halo 3. I know that is for sure the most overhyped!

OldWIKI TIK
02-03-2008, 10:20 PM
I had to go with Halo 3 like most everyone else. It was so built up for so long and I wasn't that impressed with it.

Tussell
02-03-2008, 10:41 PM
I had to go with Halo 3 like most everyone else. It was so built up for so long and I wasn't that impressed with it.
I agree, I haven't even worked up enough energy or interest to beat the game.

OldWIKI TIK
02-03-2008, 10:46 PM
I agree, I haven't even worked up enough energy or interest to beat the game.
Same here, I still have quite a few to do. I'm just thankful CoD came out when it did otherwise i would have been without a shooter since i traded GoW in on Halo like an idiot.:mad:

Rockyallstar
02-06-2008, 03:13 AM
halo 3. It wasn't all the hype said it was gonna be.

Frizzed
02-06-2008, 03:47 AM
Its a toss up between Halo 3 and Forza 2 for me.

Dave
02-06-2008, 03:52 AM
i played halo 2 with my friend the other day and he said " wow i could play this everyday with you dave" being totally serious and flabbergasted
i think h2 was better than h3, h3 was overhyped

RedstaR
02-06-2008, 04:32 AM
Two Worlds.

Then Halo 3.

Hotoke
02-06-2008, 04:35 AM
Halo 3 for sure.
CoD 4 right behind.

badgerodoom
02-06-2008, 06:13 AM
I expected the creed to be a whole lot more than it was. It was a Prince of Persia with more repetitive motions. PoP is great, AC is too, but they basically just reproduced PoP(it's made by the same company.)

Maka
02-09-2008, 03:41 AM

I beat the game, with my friend on his Hard-drive, and never got around to playing it since really.

DTF INFERNO
02-10-2008, 05:45 PM
Bioschock was probably the most overhyped game. Not having any multiplayer kind of made it get overlooked when comparing to other FPS's that do.

martnic
02-11-2008, 06:23 PM
The one, the only.......

HALO 3

Because it was far to easy on Legendary, last gen graphics on a next gen machine and was generally pretty much a let down.

AlexUplinked
02-11-2008, 06:31 PM
Halo 3 as well. The amount of hype that game went though was just insance. I remember putting it in my 360, and getting really excited about it all. Then after a few hours of play, I took it out and stuffed in Gears :P

[Alex]

kantizuni
02-11-2008, 06:34 PM
I definately agree it should be Kane and Lynch.

speedchudy
02-22-2008, 06:21 PM
Assassin's Creed

I was disapointed when I played it. It could have been a 10 if they got rid of those repetative tasks.

runninglizard55
02-22-2008, 06:51 PM
i voted for assassins creed...don't get me wrong i love it but i was expecting so much more

Zef
02-22-2008, 06:56 PM
I thought Mass Effect was pretty poor considering how much people were touching their wedding veg over it (literally for a few).

Vogey77
02-22-2008, 07:01 PM
Went with Halo 3. Campaign really disapointed me.

MapleMire
02-22-2008, 07:45 PM
Halo 3, complete disappointment.

Kinneshi
02-22-2008, 07:50 PM
I agree with the majority of y'all about Halo 3. Any gamer I know was completely head over heels the night before release and most of them had to go the midnight release and miss school the following day to play. Then they all came in the day after and complained how the campaign was rather boring. I agree, but I love the online play. It's fun beating people up. :P The only FPS I've played that has better online play is Gears of War.

Shinsetsu
02-22-2008, 07:55 PM
Halo 3 was just... wow when it comes to overhype.
Bioshock was pretty hyped except I somehow never noticed anything about it until my friend brought it over.

StewyOmega
02-22-2008, 08:04 PM
I totaly agree that HALO 3 was the most over hyped, also over rated i may add. Then i would say ASSASSIN'S CREED next.

oO Hippie Oo
02-27-2008, 07:15 PM
Halo 3 is winning, thank science... I despise that game

Deadly Moves
02-27-2008, 07:28 PM
Halo 3.. by a long shot... It was always gonna be

Shaun Cee
02-27-2008, 08:30 PM
I voted halo 3 as i HATED that game lol. Maybe that is just me but I dont particularily like alien shooter games etc.