PDA

View Full Version : How do I hit for power?

Lifetimer
06-19-2006, 07:43 PM
I have used the advice in other topics here for getting achievements; I have all my players pumped and the opposing players reduced to zero, and I have it set for button-press (classic) batting swing. So is there anything else I should be doing? My guys are getting base hits but very few HRs, I dont understand the problem. Should I be powering up or something for a power hit? It says press A in pre-batting to power up, but it doesn't seem to do anything on the screen if I do that? Is it something with timing?

I just want HR's to get the 3HR achievement:D

razzleson
06-27-2006, 07:21 AM
Are you pressing up on the left joystick when you swing? Pressing up goes for a pop fly and pressing down goes for a base hit.

That's all i did and I got the 3HR achievement on my first try.

The steal a HR achievement on the other hand can eat me. Once the Yankees were beating me 92-0 in teh forth inning on my tenth game I gave up.

Fonkey Monkey
07-03-2006, 06:06 AM
Once the Yankees were beating me 92-0 in teh forth inning on my tenth game I gave up.

92-0...? i really hope that was a typo. cuz if not then...

Fonkey Monkey
07-03-2006, 09:43 AM
I have used the advice in other topics here for getting achievements; I have all my players pumped and the opposing players reduced to zero, and I have it set for button-press (classic) batting swing. So is there anything else I should be doing? My guys are getting base hits but very few HRs, I dont understand the problem. Should I be powering up or something for a power hit? It says press A in pre-batting to power up, but it doesn't seem to do anything on the screen if I do that? Is it something with timing?

I just want HR's to get the 3HR achievement:D

try the hurricane winds cheat. that helped me alot. youll probably pop out every time. but about 1/4 should be a home run,

KhanMan
07-18-2006, 04:40 AM
try the hurricane winds cheat. that helped me alot. youll probably pop out every time. but about 1/4 should be a home run,

what is the code for that? All I've seen were the ones on the acheivements page here.

EDIT: wait, I figured it out, that was pretty dumb of me.