PDA

View Full Version : Why not Xfire?

WeeChrissy360
01-09-2008, 06:31 PM
I'll try and explain this as best as I can.

You know the skype symbol I've got under my location so other members can contact me?

How about an Xfire one?

Gigamonks
01-09-2008, 07:00 PM
Yeah that would be pretty cool

xfire ftw :)

Tron
01-09-2008, 07:00 PM
what is xfire?

Steve50013
01-09-2008, 07:22 PM
its a program kinda like msn messenger where you can add people and talk to them but you can also see the games their playing ON THE PC. and if you happen to have the same game as them and their in a multilayer match you can press a button and it will connect you to the server.

http://xfire.com

Tron
01-09-2008, 08:01 PM
thats sounds pretty rad

WeeChrissy360
01-09-2008, 08:01 PM
yeah, it's like MSN - except gaming style.

Shon3n
01-09-2008, 08:12 PM
I used to use it when I played WoW and some other games.

I still use it for the occasional WarRock or CS:S

PerpetualHeaven
01-09-2008, 08:13 PM
what is xfire?

Where have you been? You 360 fanboy! I think it would be equally cool if we had that. I'm sure Webb or Minty will see this and they may or may not implement it. I've used up all my Beguile scrolls unfortunately, so I have no other ways of persuading them. :p

WeeChrissy360
01-09-2008, 08:14 PM
I'm sure Webb or Minty will see this and they may or may not implement it. I've used up all my Beguile scrolls unfortunately, so I have no other ways of persuading them. :p

LOL!

Maybe there's another way...;)

Bax x360a
01-09-2008, 11:34 PM
LOL!

Maybe there's another way...;)
What would that be? ;) Never heard of xfire myself, intrigued though.

Pez
01-09-2008, 11:43 PM
Is Xfire known well enough to be included though? There's several members already asked what it is.

Plus there's plenty of IM programs out there, we don't need to include them all, just the well known/used ones. ;)

Xfire is good, but it's more for the hardcore PC gamers I'd say. I use it myself from time to time, but I don't think it's important enough to have up there with the likes of MSN and Skype. :)

~SS

Scotian Bred
01-10-2008, 12:22 AM
Is Xfire known well enough to be included though? There's several members already asked what it is.

Plus there's plenty of IM programs out there, we don't need to include them all, just the well known/used ones. ;)

Xfire is good, but it's more for the hardcore PC gamers I'd say. I use it myself from time to time, but I don't think it's important enough to have up there with the likes of MSN and Skype. :)

~SS

Thats probably why, because Xfire=WTF ?? Windows Live Messenger is much better because you can see what 360 games your contacts are playing :)

Cyrex
01-10-2008, 12:29 AM
i have an xfire name and i used it a lot for my PC gaming clans. I just think that it is an easier system to use, Nobody uses skype so why not switch them out

Netnabi4
01-10-2008, 02:21 AM
Just throwing this out there but Xfire in my personal opinion is prolly gonna skyrocket in popularity soon. Just because of all the Games for windows that are both xp and vista ready. Chris In my opinion this has been the best idea/thread you've ever done and I completely agree it should replace skype. Skype is becoming a dead program.

PerpetualHeaven
01-10-2008, 03:48 AM

~SS

Just throwing this out there but Xfire in my personal opinion is prolly gonna skyrocket in popularity soon. Just because of all the Games for windows that are both xp and vista ready. Chris In my opinion this has been the best idea/thread you've ever done and I completely agree it should replace skype. Skype is becoming a dead program.

I assumed XFire's popularity was already huge. Actually, the only people who don't know about XFire are non-PC gamers. If you PC Game, you should be quite familiar with it. It's actually considered an essential if you PC game. Considering XBOX Live has bled out into Vista and PC gaming, XFire tag would be good enough to implement. People who would want to quickly access one anothers Gears game, Halo 2, etc etc etc. As the PC library grows, I'm sure more people become familiar with XFire.

Thats probably why, because Xfire=WTF ?? Windows Live Messenger is much better because you can see what 360 games your contacts are playing :)

XFire is for PC gamers :p

What would that be? ;) Never heard of xfire myself, intrigued though.

It's just an IM program directed at PC Gamers that's all. You have voice chat, instant messaging, clan/guild system, etc. Through it, you can join your friends games.

Here's a picture of what it looks like:
http://media.xfire.com/content/press/xfire_client.bmp

RogueVasion
01-10-2008, 04:48 PM
Xfire would be a nice addition...w00t.

Adam Miller
01-10-2008, 06:06 PM
Yeh i think xfire would be good i know what it is and i don't know what half the others we have are. :)

Pez
01-10-2008, 08:56 PM
Considering XBOX Live has bled out into Vista and PC gaming, XFire tag would be good enough to implement.

When you put it that way PH7, I guess it is a good idea. ;)

I'm gonna start buying Vista games with achievements for my laptop, so really it'll be an alternative friends list for Live games. :D

I've changed my mind. Long live XFire! :p

~SS

WeeChrissy360
01-10-2008, 09:59 PM

I'm gonna start buying Vista games with achievements for my laptop, so really it'll be an alternative friends list for Live games. :D

~SS

YAY!

ok, who wants added?

odysseus123
01-11-2008, 01:41 AM
Lol I got a question for all of you....

What is Skype?
I can obviously infer that it's an IM program, but I never heard of it lol

I used to use Xfire when I played Halo PC because I was in a clan and we'd play some clan matches quite often; we played using gamebattles :)

Tussell
01-11-2008, 01:47 AM
Skype is a telephone based IM service.

It's actually pretty neat, I used to use it a lot, but it all kinda died from there.

PerpetualHeaven
01-11-2008, 01:56 AM

~SS

Do I ever say something that isn't a good idea? :D ;)

This isn't even my idea but I managed to create a good base argument for the implementation.

Lol I got a question for all of you....

What is Skype?
I can obviously infer that it's an IM program, but I never heard of it lol

I used to use Xfire when I played Halo PC because I was in a clan and we'd play some clan matches quite often; we played using gamebattles :)

I don't know how popular Skype is now, but at one point it was extremely popular especially in the Asia and Europe. It's not actually an IM program but has the features of most IM programs. Skype is basically a free telephone service. You call people over the internet (for free) or call peoples cell phones or home phones but that costs money. My mom did use it and all the people she talked to resided in Europe or Asia.

Netnabi4
01-11-2008, 03:14 AM

~SS

I said it First! Damn you Perp! Your charismatic wording has deluded these peoples minds into thinking you made that statement not me!

PerpetualHeaven
01-11-2008, 05:46 AM
I'm closing this down now because it's obvious the idea is good. I think I can get it implemented. I just have to get a hold of Routine or get Minty to get a hold of Routine. It's something easy that can be implemented. Good idea WeeChrissy.