PDA

View Full Version : Can't decide on arcade game

ShawnJawn
01-10-2008, 12:42 AM
Hey guys. I was wondering if anyone could help me choose an arcade game. I have 1000 points left, which means I can get two 400 points games or one 800 point. So far I have these games:
Aegis Wing
Bomberman
Carcassonne
Contra
Double Dragon
Metal Slug 3
Robotron 2084
Street Fighter II
Streets of Rage 2
TMNT arcade
Totemball
Ultimate MK3
UNO

These are some games I would like
800 point
Alien Hominid
Boom Boom Rocket
Castlevania

400 point
Geometry Wars
Sonic
Sonic 2
Super Contra
Any other suggestions are welcome. Thanks

Shinobi273
01-10-2008, 12:52 AM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=50064

Check this thread out, it was stickied at the top of the forum you posted this in.

Scotian Bred
01-10-2008, 12:52 AM
Alien Hominid .. is a tough 200GS
Boom Boom Rocket is also tough
Castlevania is no to bad its an old PS1 game

There are a couple of the older games that you don't have that are fun Like Cloning Clyde 800points, and Small Arms 400points .. those two games are preatty different from the rest of the pack .. oh and the newer game called Switchball is good as well.

Bax x360a
01-10-2008, 01:02 AM
Seriously mate, if you have a brother or friend that comes round often and you both were fans of the Mortal Kombat games, I urge you to buy that. Me and my bro play it so often, its awesome. The fights get so tense when both of you are near danger and you only require one more hit to win the fight! You've got tons of moves, 26 characters with a minimum of 3 moves each. Add on to that all the different Fatalities, Babalities, Anamalities, all the different stages, Xbox Live play and half of the achievement points being easy. Awesome game. If you purchase it let me know, we'll have to have a game :D
EDIT - I also recommend Bomberman, really addictive game, and recommend not getting Double Dragon. I thought that sucked big time, way to hard. Download the trial games first!

ShawnJawn
01-10-2008, 01:11 AM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=50064

Check this thread out, it was stickied at the top of the forum you posted this in.

Thanks man, but I already checked it out and most games I was looking for wasnt there :-(

Alien Hominid .. is a tough 200GS
Boom Boom Rocket is also tough
Castlevania is no to bad its an old PS1 game

There are a couple of the older games that you don't have that are fun Like Cloning Clyde 800points, and Small Arms 400points .. those two games are preatty different from the rest of the pack .. oh and the newer game called Switchball is good as well.

Thank you for those choices. I will try those out! ^_^

Seriously mate, if you have a brother or friend that comes round often and you both were fans of the Mortal Kombat games, I urge you to buy that. Me and my bro play it so often, its awesome. The fights get so tense when both of you are near danger and you only require one more hit to win the fight! You've got tons of moves, 26 characters with a minimum of 3 moves each. Add on to that all the different Fatalities, Babalities, Anamalities, all the different stages, Xbox Live play and half of the achievement points being easy. Awesome game. If you purchase it let me know, we'll have to have a game :D
EDIT - I also recommend Bomberman, really addictive game, and recommend not getting Double Dragon. I thought that sucked big time, way to hard. Download the trial games first!

Ahh I have all those games already in the first part of the section. I needed to know out of the bunch from the 400 and 800 point games. Thank you for your input though. And yes, Double Dragon is sooo hard.

hungry animals
01-10-2008, 11:26 PM
Boom Boom Rocket is an enjoyable game once you get into it. Right now, it has 15 songs out (5 from dc) and the learning curve isn't bad. The achievements are fun to try to get, too. All I need right now is to get an "A" rating on 10 medium songs. I've had it for about 6 months and I still play it when I have nothing else to do.

I think the 5 from dc are 200 points.

Dashman232
01-10-2008, 11:32 PM
You had a chance to get the pack for free, the day it came out. IT is called Guitar pack. And yes Boom Boom Rocket is a fun game, just takes some gettin used too.

puckup
01-10-2008, 11:36 PM
mortal combat is the best

Pez
01-11-2008, 12:20 AM
Castlevania is a VERY good game, but be prepared to be playing for about the same amount of time as an average retail game.

It's a side-scrolling action/adventure, with a hint of puzzles in it, but not alot.

I also suggest Sonic 1 or 2, whichever floats your boat. They're both great games. I'm gonna take a guess and say that you'd probably get MORE of kick out of them if you played them on the Sega Megadrive/Genesis.

~SS

Ben Sharpe
01-11-2008, 12:54 AM
I downloaded marble blast ultra earlier and i recommend it highly, great visuals and great addictive puzzles also sonic 1 and 2 are fantastic :)

Dashman232
01-11-2008, 02:11 AM
Sorry if i post some you already have, i forgot what the list said here are some recomended ones

Small Arms
Contra
Boom Boom Rocket
Gemotry Wars
Omega Five

Their are some more but i forgot them.

hotdog1802
01-11-2008, 02:26 AM
I heard that everone said that contra is a really good game, should i buy it?

gatorbait
01-11-2008, 05:51 AM
Be sure to demo any games you're interested in first. I would probably recommend Alien Hominid simply because it's on your list and one of the ones I've played that you don't have yet. It's a really great game and loads of fun. They fixed one of the achievements so the full 200 is obtainable and isn't impossible but challenging, I still need 20 more. Plus it has DLC now, but I haven't checked that out.

And now that it is 400 points I think Small Arms is a good purchase. I got it back when it was 800 and it's a pretty fun party fighting game similar to Super Smash Bros. For 5 bucks you can't go wrong and it has DLC now too.

Impulse
01-11-2008, 09:57 AM
I have Small Arms and it's a fun game.. Just like a arcade Super Smash Bro's.. I'd reccomend that..

Geometry Wars is hard for achievements but a fun game that has you coming back for more.. So if your not too bothered about getting the full 200 GS.. That's another great buy...

I also have Sonic, but need i say anything about that its a mega drive classic ;)

ShawnJawn
01-11-2008, 09:26 PM
Thanks for your input everybody! I havent been able to download anything yet because of all the problems with live but I will be sure to give those a chance.

oO Hippie Oo
02-29-2008, 12:59 AM
Aegis wing IMO