PDA

View Full Version : Achievements: The Totals

Bodangles
01-10-2008, 03:24 AM
As of the New Year 2008 [1/1/08], it is possible to achieve:

Achievements Available-
Retail: 239 Games
8,449 (this is including the same game for a different country; 16 unachieveable)
8,264 (not counting same game for diff. country, i.e- The Darkness)

Arcade: 115 Games
1,384 (only Band of Bugs and Small Arms have DLC; 2 unachieveable)

Japanese: 40 Games
1,042 (all games counted; 8 are Jap. versions of American; 1 Arcade)
711 (w/o the games that were American; 0 Arcade)

PC: 5 Games
226 (all games are Retail also)

Total: 399 Games
11,108 Achievements Available Counting All Games
10,360 Achievements Available Counting Each Game Once

Points Available-
Retail: 239 Games
239,330 (all games counted; 825g unachieveable)
235,155 (5 Games for different countries as well; not counted)

Arcade: 115 Games
23,015 (only BoB and Small Arms had DLC; 70g unachieveable )

Japanese: 40 Games
38,900 (all games counted, one arcade; 300g unachieveable)
31,200 (7 Retail, 1 Arcade Repeat)

PC: 5 Games
5,000 (all are Retail, no DLC)

Total: 397 Games
307,240 Points Available Counting Every Game
289,240 Points Available Counting Each Game Only Once

Challenge me. Make my day.
Birky challenged and won. Anyone else?
marx0r knows what's up. he won. Anyone else?

i'll update this when new games are added, the lastest update is from Liberty something or other.

Birky
01-10-2008, 03:26 AM
Are you counting Viva Pinta on there twice? Once for PC and once for the 360. Are all Vista games on there?

Just wondering...

mjda
01-10-2008, 03:27 AM
Nice thread, and thanks for the info. This should definitely get a sticky, unless of course the admins plan on adding this info to the main page. <-- *hint hint*

Bodangles
01-10-2008, 03:39 AM
Are you counting Viva Pinta on there twice? Once for PC and once for the 360. Are all Vista games on there?

Just wondering...

Son of a bbbbb i knew i was missing something. i'm updating. what would i do without you Birky? you're the better half of me :blurp

and you're winning 1 - 0 :(

Sanction
01-10-2008, 03:46 AM
I had to do a double take, I thought you were posting your achievement totals. I thought it was weird you had 239K, lol. :p

Bodangles
01-10-2008, 03:47 AM
I had to do a double take, I thought you were posting your achievement totals. I thought it was weird you had 239K, lol. :p

hahah i go by Sufoor in my spare time. you know, why play with friends when you can play all by yourself?

Sanction
01-10-2008, 04:37 AM
hahah i go by Sufoor in my spare time. you know, why play with friends when you can play all by yourself?

Heh, he probably doesn't even own any games.

Still waitin' on MS to ban all of them, lol.

Kwyjibo3637
01-10-2008, 04:42 AM
that's pretty impressive...how did you figure all that out?

Bodangles
01-10-2008, 04:43 AM
that's like waiting for france to fight a war. it won't happen. seriously though, that potential gamerscore is incredible. really puts the xbox 360's advancement in perspective.

well i took my TI-83 PLUS! and went through the retail games adding up each game's total until i reached thirteen trillion. for arcade, i counted the amount of games and mulitplied it by 12, then i added 35 and 50 for the DLC. japanese was the same as retail but with one arcade game. for points, i added it all up, multiplied by 200 or 1000 and then added in DLC. still, those 2 hours weren't as bad as simming ;)

Marx0r
01-10-2008, 04:51 AM
Fwah. I have a TI-84 Silver. Anyway, did you count the unachieveable achievements?

Bodangles
01-10-2008, 04:54 AM
Fwah. I have a TI-84 Silver. Anyway, did you count the unachieveable achievements?

damn you! i had a TI-89 but it started thinking for itself and left to join the military. damn you! i should go back and edit out the unachieveables, shouldn't i? Birky/marx0r 2. Me 0. updated.

Matt9340
01-10-2008, 05:28 AM
Shadow run is on the PC;) so it also has Achievements..a.re you also counting in bioshock for PC? because i do believe that also has achievements since thats how they found out about the extra achievement

Bodangles
01-10-2008, 05:30 AM
Shadow run is on the PC;) so it also has Achievements..a.re you also counting in bioshock for PC? because i do believe that also has achievements since thats how they found out about the extra achievement

if i recall, we discovered the bioshock achievement through the German version of the game, but, i am only going by the main page listed games. i'm sure every game has a counterpart in another language, but i don't know if they count or not or blahblahblah. i'll search for shadowrun PC and bioshock PC achievements and see what i get...(edit with updates)

EDIT- Shadowrun PC Achievements Confirmed (same account as 360, thus removed [marx0r])
Bioshock Achievements exclusive to the Xbox 360

Marx0r
01-10-2008, 05:33 AM
How about the games like Godfather that never had 1000 to begin with?

::EDIT:: I had an 89. Then I realized I didn't want to die a virgin and sold it.

Matt9340
01-10-2008, 05:35 AM
well i know Shadowrun on the PC has achievements...because in the listing for the 360 on some of them it says kill 100 people on windows vista or vice versa ;)

and for bioshock..i knew it was the german version..but i could of sworn it was from the PC version of the game that someone had got to the source code

Bodangles
01-10-2008, 05:40 AM
How about the games like Godfather that never had 1000 to begin with?

::EDIT:: I had an 89. Then I realized I didn't want to die a virgin and sold it.

hahaha it's ok marx0r. somebody's gotta die a virgin. [last post updated, check for info] the games like Condemned, Godfather, and LOTR: BFME or whatever it is called were added in as their amounts (970, 835, 775(?) respectively). yay! marx0r/Birky 2. Dangles 1!

Marx0r
01-10-2008, 05:40 AM
On Shadowrun, there is no distinction between the 360 and Vista. e.g. if you get 100 Pistol kills in both versions, you only get one achievement. You use the same online account, and the same statistics. I held boosting matches for a month, I know.

You didn't capatalize my name. Therefore, you are defaulted and:

Marx0r/Birky - 10^10^100
iDangle - -bajillion

::EDIT:: If you wanna do this ferserious, you were wrong on Shadowrun, so you lose a point. 2-0.

Zee
01-10-2008, 06:19 AM
The BOB achievements can be obtained now, but only if you didn't get them before. If you did you have to recover you're account to get them.

Bodangles
01-10-2008, 09:30 PM
You didn't capatalize my name. Therefore, you are defaulted and:

Marx0r/Birky - 10^10^100
iDangle - -bajillion

::EDIT:: If you wanna do this ferserious, you were wrong on Shadowrun, so you lose a point. 2-0.

can this be done ferserious? i meanz i would be losing lyk a l0t now. oh, and i never lose points. ever.

Marx0r/Birky 3
iDangle-1

The BOB achievements can be obtained now, but only if you didn't get them before. If you did you have to recover you're account to get them.

the BoB were not counted as unachieveable. i believe the two were:
Smash TV (Game Master) and EXIT (Escapologist). i thought Alien Hominid had been glitched but i guess not.

Otisbum
01-10-2008, 09:49 PM
Beautiful.

Now I know what to aim for if when win the lottery and have billions of hours to play.
Oh, and I'll need skillz too, maybe I can buy some with the lottery money.

In all honesty, 300k is pretty sick. Even when considering 100k is tough, 300k is nearly impossible.

prowlerdante
01-11-2008, 01:44 AM
My hat goes off to you sir. Also, did you add the new achievements for The Godfather? If I remember, DLC adds the total to 1250.

botafogo007
01-11-2008, 02:19 AM
Nice list!

I assume the achievements you have listed as "unachievable" are only those that have ALWAYS been unachievable? Because since EA started shutting down servers some more achievements have become impossible to get. Example: in NBA Live 06 you can only get 960/1000 now because there is literally no way to play an online game.

Marx0r
01-11-2008, 02:52 AM
Nice list!

I assume the achievements you have listed as "unachievable" are only those that have ALWAYS been unachievable? Because since EA started shutting down servers some more achievements have become impossible to get. Example: in NBA Live 06 you can only get 960/1000 now because there is literally no way to play an online game.

SCHWANG! Marx0r/Birky/botafog - 4, Danglez - 1

puckup
01-11-2008, 03:02 AM
thats alot of gamerscore but how much would all those games cost at like an average of 50 bucks a game?

Otisbum
01-11-2008, 03:06 AM
thats alot of gamerscore but how much would all those games cost at like an average of 50 bucks a game? Just short of $14,000 when adding just the retail and jap games.

Even then, most are around $30 or even lower. Which still doesn't account for cheap rentals.

Bodangles
01-11-2008, 03:42 AM
SCHWANG! Marx0r/Birky/botafog - 4, Danglez - 1

hahaha i don't think so!
Marx0r/Birky/boatafog- 3
Danglez- 2

i counted all of the new unachieveables BUT i did not add the Godfather's until it can be confirmed they are added to the gamerscore. once that happens i'm there. in regards to cost, i will do it if this list gets stickied. other than that, your answer is: a lot of goddamn money.

Marx0r
01-11-2008, 04:33 AM
hahaha i don't think so!
Marx0r/Birky/boatafog- 3
Danglez- 2

i counted all of the new unachieveables BUT i did not add the Godfather's until it can be confirmed they are added to the gamerscore. once that happens i'm there. in regards to cost, i will do it if this list gets stickied. other than that, your answer is: a lot of goddamn money.

What does Godfather have to do with anything? Certain achievements like "Online Win" in NBA Live 06 were once achieveable and now are not. If you took the points for these off the list, then you would be wrong, because it is possible for someone to have that achievement legitimately. So, I'll be taking your point back and adding TWO to mine.

5-1.

Bodangles
01-11-2008, 04:37 AM
What does Godfather have to do with anything? Certain achievements like "Online Win" in NBA Live 06 were once achieveable and now are not. If you took the points for these off the list, then you would be wrong, because it is possible for someone to have that achievement legitimately. So, I'll be taking your point back and adding TWO to mine.

5-1.

well i edited my last post to disprove YOUR last post, thus denying everything you just said. it doesn't exist. for that, i add 8 and take 2, as seen in the GHIII Giveaway thread. 9-3. <-- that is tasty.

Marx0r
01-11-2008, 04:47 AM
You edited nothing therefore activating the secret Malaysian ruins and therefore switching our scores, squaring both, and subtracting 4. It is now 60-0. But more seriously though, what exactly are you counting? Is it:

All gamerscore for all games
All DLC
All Arcade
All DLC

minus

points that were never achieveable at any point

plus

Games that can be scored twice or more on different platforms.

What I'm getting at is, is sufoor's points ceiling higher than ours? (Pretend 'he', for lack of a better term, can unlock any achievement ever.)

Bodangles
01-11-2008, 04:56 AM
if you are attempting to give me carpal tunnel, you are a worthy opponent.

The first score in the list is the total # of achievements throughout all retail games, counting multinational games.
The second score is counting each title's # once.

Arcade titles are all 12 achievements except Band of Bugs and Small Arms which were later added.

The Japanese Games are just like Retail: one score for all games, the second for each game that wasn't already in retail. There was one arcade game, Castlevania.

PC Games are all located in the Retail sections, but are added in regardless.

This same policy applies for the points.

I subtracted all unachieveable achievements as of the New Year, meaning the 06 servers as well. I am waiting for the Godfather achievements to be fixed before adding them.

The two totals are for:
1.) Every game, including every multinational game.
2.)Every game ONLY ONCE. No German or EUR or Jap games unless exclusive.

hope i answered your question, massah.

Marx0r
01-11-2008, 05:02 AM
Makes sense, but what the hell is a "massah"?

Bodangles
01-11-2008, 05:05 AM
master. used in the slave tense as "massah". watch this video to understand [it's in the first non-interview scene where he says he should be disciplined]:

YouTube - The Militant Black Guy Balls Of Steel 2007 23/03/07

botafogo007
01-11-2008, 05:20 AM
Okay, thanks for the clarification. As far as cost goes I think it would be too much of a headache to worry about. Why?

1- only newer games sell at full MSRP--the older games might have a suggested retail price of, say, $30, but might be on clearance everywhere for anything ranging from maybe 8-20 bucks.
2- it would be pretty tough to keep track of all the MSRP changes even if you did catalogue them. For example, I believe PGR4 just went down to $40 MSRP
3- Would you use an MSRP for the region where the game originates and in the local currency? Example: are all PAL games going to be in pounds or Euros while all NTSC games are in dollars and all Japanese games in yen? I can't really see the point of doing it that way, personally, but on the other hand you could come up with a retail price of $50 for a Japanese game but import fees and shipping and whatnot could make that price not worth much.

Again, nice work on compiling all the numbers, but I'm not sure the cost thing is really worth your time ;)

Bodangles
01-11-2008, 05:35 AM
Okay, thanks for the clarification. As far as cost goes I think it would be too much of a headache to worry about. Why?

1- only newer games sell at full MSRP--the older games might have a suggested retail price of, say, $30, but might be on clearance everywhere for anything ranging from maybe 8-20 bucks.
2- it would be pretty tough to keep track of all the MSRP changes even if you did catalogue them. For example, I believe PGR4 just went down to $40 MSRP
3- Would you use an MSRP for the region where the game originates and in the local currency? Example: are all PAL games going to be in pounds or Euros while all NTSC games are in dollars and all Japanese games in yen? I can't really see the point of doing it that way, personally, but on the other hand you could come up with a retail price of $50 for a Japanese game but import fees and shipping and whatnot could make that price not worth much.

Again, nice work on compiling all the numbers, but I'm not sure the cost thing is really worth your time ;)

i like to think that i am kind, but just to be clear, i would only do the money in American! that's fo sho. sorry, Europe folk, but no way i would think about doing the different currncies. way too confusing. however, for an approximate number:

average 50$ a game.
that's 11,900 dollars for retail.
that's 2,000 dollars for Japanese.

average 650 points for Arcade games.
that's 74100 points --> 12.50 for 1000 --> ~$5,928 dollars.

average 35$ for a PC Game
$175 dollars

~ $20,003 dollars spent on games.

that is appx. $1.81 pA [per Achievement]
that is appx. $.07 cents pP [per Point]

Watson bros
04-28-2008, 04:52 PM
Read this a little late, but i'd just like to say this post is really impressive, well done.

Anthony11085
04-28-2008, 05:07 PM
That's amazing, now calculate how much you have vs what can be achieved! Lol!