PDA

View Full Version : Rent or buy?

bcombs
01-10-2008, 02:40 PM
Is this a fairly long game? The demo gives me the impression that it wouldn't be very long.
I haven't bought a game in a pretty long while so I was thinking about getting it. I can see that the achievements require you to beat it a few times, at the least.
I usually only buy games with a lot of stuff to do and/or that I can play through several times (i.e. Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Dead Rising, Tenchu Z, Mass Effect).
As a reference, I bought Bioshock when it came out and I regretted it because there wasn't really much to do. I beat it on hard straight away and used the achievement guide to get everything. It was a great game, but I ultimately payed 60$ to play the game for 2-3 days.

Anyway, that was kind of long-winded. Sorry.
So, rent or buy?

alpha305
01-10-2008, 02:50 PM
Well it seems like this game would suit you since you like playing long and meaningful games. I would go ahead and buy it. If you are that good to get all the achievements in 2-3 days then you can always trade it back in to the store.

Ceryino63
01-10-2008, 02:59 PM
I would also say Buy it.
There are 6 characters to choose from, plus online play with friends. I picked the game up yesterday and i couldnt put it down, i'm enjoying it.

bcombs
01-10-2008, 08:36 PM
Alright. I think I'll buy it. Thanks for the help guys.

Mercador
01-10-2008, 09:37 PM
It's very addictive

Shinsetsu
01-10-2008, 11:05 PM
It's a good buy if you're going to invest time in Multiplayer. One player it could probably get relatively boring. I picked it up since I knew a few of my friends would as well, and I love the KuF series.

playmaker2197
01-11-2008, 01:09 AM
I dont have it yet but am looking forward to making it happen. Doesnt look to difficult for achievements and gameplay was hella fun on the demo

beef246
01-11-2008, 05:26 PM
You would be better off trying the demo first to make sure that it is your kinda thing.:woop:

Mrs Cliffton
01-14-2008, 10:21 PM
is the local MP the same as online MP so could i just play with friends or is it more fun online, kinda like a halo 2 comparison i guess

dark666
01-16-2008, 08:44 PM
The games is so bad not even a rent

SteakSalad
01-16-2008, 09:07 PM
The games is so bad not even a rent

And your reason being...?

Ceryino63
01-17-2008, 12:51 PM
Yes, I also am very curious on why this game was so terrible. You cant just come in here and say 'oh it sucks' and not give a reason why you think so...

DrizztDourden43
01-23-2008, 11:11 PM
I agree with both of you above me, at least give a reason buddy. I am sure there are alot of people out there who wouldn't like the game type, so DEFINITELY play the demo before you buy it! As far as I could see from the demo, it was fun...but got a little repetitive with just 2 moves. Also, I think it could have been made more of a "go where you want" kinda game instead of a closed one-way path. However, like I said, it was still alot of fun, and made the time fly!

Do you eventually unlock better combos and get to move anywhere off of the one way path? Or at least get to make better armor and such?

XArchonianX
01-24-2008, 01:31 AM
I would say RENT. I donno about you, but i beat the game with one character hitting 70ish level? I just cant do anymore button mashing. 1 Character is enough for me... 1000 / 1000 would be easy enough for this game but i just cant do it..

XArchonianX
01-24-2008, 01:36 AM
[/quote]
Do you eventually unlock better combos and get to move anywhere off of the one way path? Or at least get to make better armor and such?[/quote]

You unlock spells and such but no new combos or anything of the sort.. kinda sucks... and its basicly just strictly paths all the way some leading to dead ends.. but there always directing you to a one way location... : /

v_thorne
01-28-2008, 01:15 AM
Sadly enough what I usually do is rent the game, if I don't like it I push myself through the achievements best I can and if I do like it then I'll let them sell it to my BlockBuster account and then just buy it that way lol. Plus they give me the box and manual so its all good :woop:
I was wary of this game, but I think I'll go rent it after I'm done Crash and Eternal Senota. Everyone told me it was crap, but after reading these comments I'll give it a shot

Drunk3nR4d
01-28-2008, 06:09 AM
this game is definetly a buyer in my opinion.. since i have bought this game is hasn't left my console... its addicting as all hell...

ProjectSix
01-28-2008, 06:24 AM
It's an underrated game. People seem to either love it or hate it. But from what you were saying, its def a buy.

dark666
01-29-2008, 04:26 AM
I agree with both of you above me, at least give a reason buddy. I am sure there are alot of people out there who wouldn't like the game type, so DEFINITELY play the demo before you buy it! As far as I could see from the demo, it was fun...but got a little repetitive with just 2 moves. Also, I think it could have been made more of a "go where you want" kinda game instead of a closed one-way path. However, like I said, it was still alot of fun, and made the time fly!

Do you eventually unlock better combos and get to move anywhere off of the one way path? Or at least get to make better armor and such?

Ok look the demo was bad but sometimes demos are bad so I rented the game and after 4 hours I wanted to kill myself and I am a Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors fan so I am used to repetitive but this goes beyond bad so look if you want me to go on and tell you why you would be better off and reading IGN's review or if you can't read go online and see G4's and if you want massive punishment go to gamerankings and take a look at all the reviews out for the game like Electronic Gaming Monthly 3.67 out of 10 and that is only the start. And if you think this game is a lot of fun and makes time fly then you don't know what a good game is.

MadMartign
02-07-2008, 11:25 AM
Ok look the demo was bad but sometimes demos are bad so I rented the game and after 4 hours I wanted to kill myself and I am a Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors fan so I am used to repetitive but this goes beyond bad so look if you want me to go on and tell you why you would be better off and reading IGN's review or if you can't read go online and see G4's and if you want massive punishment go to gamerankings and take a look at all the reviews out for the game like Electronic Gaming Monthly 3.67 out of 10 and that is only the start. And if you think this game is a lot of fun and makes time fly then you don't know what a good game is.

Yes because we all make our gaming decisions off of reviews. Reviews aren't always right. Also, just because you don't like it doesn't mean its a bad game. It also doesn't mean the people who DO like it don't know what a good game is.

vhayste
02-07-2008, 01:06 PM
I have the game and it is pretty good so far.

dark666
02-24-2008, 06:49 AM
Yes because we all make our gaming decisions off of reviews. Reviews aren't always right. Also, just because you don't like it doesn't mean its a bad game. It also doesn't mean the people who DO like it don't know what a good game is.

Yes very very true reviews are not always right that is why you read more tan one but in the case of this game no that is not the case at all is a very bad game a rent at best and I would say not. The game has only 47 reviews that give the game a combine score of 55% if that was a grade and that it is the game sucks I am sorry to say so go to gamerankings.com read the reviews you have 47 to chose from because reviews are not always right but so many of them can't be wrong.