PDA

View Full Version : Xbox orignals ????

Dashman232
01-11-2008, 02:15 AM
Alright, hello everyone.

I was just wondering how much space the orignals take up?? They are comming out with Burnout 3 which i enjoy much. I only have 9.3 gig left on my drive but can delete things to make room. I have heard it is only like 2.3?? Correct???

Thanks in advance

Otisbum
01-11-2008, 02:20 AM
You'll probably hear this a lot, but you can get the Xbox Originals in stores cheaper than you can on Live.

This way, you don't need to take up space, and you save a bit of cash (and no downloading time).

EDIT: To answer your question:

GS: How big will the game files be?
AG: They vary. I think original Halo ran close to 2GB, to give you an idea. To be fair, there are games that will be bigger than that, but that's the one I downloaded and tried.

Straight from GameSpot.

EDIT2: And another game:

They are now selling Xbox Original games for 1200 points, that works out to $15 and is a pretty good bargain if you have the available disk space. I am downloading Psychonauts (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/p/psychonauts/) in a nice big 4.6 gig file.

hotdog1802
01-11-2008, 02:23 AM
I think burnout is going to be good one to buy.:p

Dashman232
01-11-2008, 02:25 AM
Thanks for the replys, yeah i know halo was around 2 so just wanted so insure. Yeah Burnout was awsome on the orignal xbox.

Otisbum
01-11-2008, 02:28 AM
I'll agree with the Burnout comments, I loved the game, and I would buy it, if there weren't so many other games I'd rather buy first. ;)

If you do decide to look into some Originals, be sure to check out Crimson Skies if you even somewhat like plane games.

gatorbait
01-11-2008, 05:46 AM
You'll probably hear this a lot, but you can get the Xbox Originals in stores cheaper than you can on Live.

This way, you don't need to take up space, and you save a bit of cash (and no downloading time).

Agreed. All of these you could get for under $15 and you'll be saving a great deal of space on your hard drive.

runninglizard55
01-11-2008, 07:27 PM
are they all backwards compatible? because if not you have no choice but to download them

KINGxSAINT
01-11-2008, 07:54 PM
The originals are cheaper to buy at the store and most are backwards compatible!

Otisbum
01-12-2008, 12:07 AM
are they all backwards compatible? because if not you have no choice but to download them If they can port it, it's on their BC list. ;)

I don't know how they'd possibly make the Originals work if they hadn't been made BC beforehand.

Daywalker-san
01-12-2008, 01:08 AM
still hoping for Timesplitters 3 on the download list. its the one game i have missed the most since i got my 360. but if you have 120Gb HDD its not that bad on space taken. but with my connection, 4.6 Gb >.< thats half a week right there.

mjda
01-12-2008, 03:25 AM
Will they eventually put all the original Xbox games on the d/l list?

Otisbum
01-12-2008, 07:00 PM
I doubt it. Not only would that be a fairly large amount of games, M$ are taking popularity of games into consideration when releasing them like that.

So on one hand, they'll probably put a large handful of Originals up for dl, but on the other hand, it won't be the ones that barely sold any copies in stores.

mjda
01-12-2008, 07:23 PM
So on one hand, they'll probably put a large handful of Originals up for dl, but on the other hand, it won't be the ones that barely sold any copies in stores.

Good point. I'm sure you are right. Is there a list somewhere of all the available downloads, or would I have to look in the XBL marketplace?

gravest_jimmy
01-12-2008, 10:22 PM
the only way ill download originals over buying them in a store cheaper is if they give them achievements, and give them more features

Otisbum
01-13-2008, 01:53 AM
Good point. I'm sure you are right. Is there a list somewhere of all the available downloads, or would I have to look in the XBL marketplace? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_Originals

If you want a fanboy's opinion, Crimson Skies is one of the best ones up there. :p

talica1916
01-15-2008, 09:46 PM
the only way ill download originals over buying them in a store cheaper is if they give them achievements, and give them more features

Achievements would be nice.

GeneDZ
01-16-2008, 01:42 AM
I dont like the xbox originals. There 15 bucks when i can get them at a store for less than 5.