PDA

View Full Version : Games you can dip in and out of?

blizeH
01-11-2008, 04:17 PM
Since I've decided not to get a HDTV just yet, I've got my 360 plugged into one of my 22" PC monitors via the HDMI port - it's actually worked out really well, since I have a pretty shocking attention span and it allows me to check things on the computer whilst a game is loading or whatever.

However! I've got PES 2008 and have taken this to new levels. I play on an easy difficulty, watch a film on the one screen, and then kick the ball about on an easy difficulty on the other :)

I'm just wondering if there are any other games that you can play like this? Not watch the screen a lot but still enjoy playing, and I guess any achievements you could pick up along the way would be a bonus! I know there's a lot of PC games like this, but I'd rather 360 stuff if possible.

Thanks!

xRogue 5x
01-11-2008, 04:18 PM
Madden 08 and NCAA 08 because you can sim for most of the achievements on those.

blizeH
01-11-2008, 04:21 PM
Nice one cheers; which of those two would you recommend? I'm from the UK and as a result I'm not massively into American Football. Have enjoyed a couple of the Madden games in the past though!

matthewmcg360
01-11-2008, 07:25 PM
I got a 32" tv from argos for 300 and i'm playing the 360 through component (better than vga imo) and it looks absolutely mint.

blizeH
01-12-2008, 01:07 AM
Cheers, but in all honesty I'm happy with my setup at the moment, at least until I'm finished with my PS2!

gatorbait
01-12-2008, 04:59 AM
I've usually found racing games you can zone out of for a bit. There have been some races in PGR where I'll be toward the end of a 4-5 minute race and hardly remember much about the race. You just kind of begin to go through the motions and can play a very enjoyable game and kind of zone out for a little bit.

Siege Is Like
01-12-2008, 06:04 AM
normally MLB 2K7...i have such a feel for the pitching i can no look pitch a 1 hit, 2 hit game. the hitting, not as much but the baserunning yeah. also basketball lol. some shooters i can do that, but depends on how intense the AI is.

McChedda
01-13-2008, 02:17 AM
Cabela's hunting games, most things there are no time limits, you can just wander around and shoot stuff.

LongJon
01-13-2008, 12:34 PM
I've usually found racing games you can zone out of for a bit. There have been some races in PGR where I'll be toward the end of a 4-5 minute race and hardly remember much about the race. You just kind of begin to go through the motions and can play a very enjoyable game and kind of zone out for a little bit.

I was gonna say the same thing, racing games you can definitely zone out of , also you can have a race, do something on your computer then have another race.