PDA

View Full Version : Report for Spam button

drno
01-12-2008, 07:45 PM
I figure we need one of these. Sometimes I see someone spamming and would like to have one of them. Just to alert the mods' about how I feel.

CovertDog
01-12-2008, 07:49 PM
There is one. On the bottom left of the post is. The symbol that looks like nuclear symbol is the report a post button.

Marx0r
01-13-2008, 09:47 PM
What I think he means (forgive me if I'm wrong) is a button for people who are spamming in the sense that they're posting useless and horrible posts nonstop. I know the current button is meant for actual advertisements, as it immediately sends an email to every mod. I doubt you would want emails for every "yea i no ths gmea sux :uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi::drunk:woop::Bounce::Bounce:" some idiot posts.

What would be helpful is that, if 15 people hit a hypothetical "useless poster" button, the mods are notified. I could name a few people right now who would have a few thousand of these clicks in an hour.

Nick G 42390
01-13-2008, 09:50 PM
What I think he means (forgive me if I'm wrong) is a button for people who are spamming in the sense that they're posting useless and horrible posts nonstop. I know the current button is meant for actual advertisements, as it immediately sends an email to every mod.

Read the bottom when you click that button. It says use this for spam.

Sanction
01-13-2008, 09:50 PM
What would be helpful is that, if 15 people hit a hypothetical "useless poster" button, the mods are notified. I could name a few people right now who would have a few thousand of these clicks in an hour.

Or if it just instantly became deleted. It would be useful for racist / spam / and other wonderfully useful posts.

Cyrex
01-13-2008, 10:26 PM
then it could be over used and that is basically the power of being a mod

Bodangles
01-13-2008, 10:31 PM
it would probably make everyone happy if clicking the button allowed you to choose an option for the report, such as Useless Poster, Spam, Racism...It would be kind of like Bungie feedback, and hopefully we woud actually use ours.

*if this is what happens now, my bad. i have never used the button, but now i really want to go back to old threads and start...

The Pants Party
01-13-2008, 11:56 PM
Just report one of the person's posts and in the note write something to the effect of "check this person's post history, many of his posts are worthless" or something like that. We'll go through and delete most of their BS posts.

Bodangles
01-13-2008, 11:57 PM
Just report one of the person's posts and in the note write something to the effect of "check this person's post history, many of his posts are worthless" or something like that. We'll go through and delete most of their BS posts.

can we delete them? :) would it be bad to go hunt one of the kids down that i always complain about? serious question.

razzleson
01-14-2008, 12:02 AM
If by delete them you mean ban, we only do that if they continue after warnings given by mods/admins.

But yeah, I think the question has been answered so I'm going to close this one down. If anyone has any further questions please feel free to PM me, or any of the other mods.