PDA

View Full Version : Darksider Info

Laufton_13
01-13-2008, 06:14 AM
Darksiders info
Just figured I should post some information and videos for this game. Itís game play been compared to God of War and Devil May Cry

Plot
The game is modeled after the Apocalypse, when the demons and angels are battling for earth. War, one of the Four Horsemen, is stripped of his powers when the demon Abbadon defeats him in battle. Throughout the game, you struggle to regain your powers and exact your revenge on the one who took your status from you and at the same time you meet up with the other three Horsemen.

Weapons
War starts out with his huge sword for means of attacking but will later have a total of four permanent weapons to choose from along with using environmental weapons. Example would be if War comes upon a downed military copter, he could tear off the machine guns and wield it like a chaingun, another would be picking up a nearby school bus and start swinging. War won't be picking up or using anything small like pistols or shotguns but more along the lines of Rocket Launchers, chainguns, or larger. He will also obtain weapons from the other Four Horsemen, such as Death's scythe.

Gear
War will gain different gear items from completing the "dungeon" like areas in the game. These items will allow War to access different parts of the world. Once such item is a grapple hook like tool to grapple to specific areas, etc. Another is an item that allows him to bend reality and link two points together by portals. These items will be necessary to complete dungeons and boss fights. It is said that once you unlock a new item most the puzzles remaining in that dungeon will revolve around using that new tool. Boss fights too will use the new tools to bring them vulnerable for your normal weapons. Another sort of tool announced was War's horse Ruin.

Interesting facts
As you get farther into the game and your character grows stronger he will actually grow bigger

Videos
Cinematic E3 Trailer-http://youtube.com/watch?v=WBQ-6FwopJA
Developer walkthrough Part 1- http://youtube.com/watch?v=41gE_GfppUU
Developer walkthrough Part 2- http://youtube.com/watch?v=pXrDhoT7rnc&feature=related

P.S. I didnít write all of this I just stole from different web sites so the spelling mistakes arenít my fault

HalfEVILmonkey
12-02-2009, 01:43 AM
Thanks for the links to the videos...this got me curious today and I haven't been this excited for a game in a while.

crazyirshsnipr
12-04-2009, 01:11 AM
Hey another thing for this game is that this game has been compared to a kick ass zelda as said in an interview with developer David Adams.

Xerofox
12-04-2009, 01:22 AM
Another interesting fact:

Characters are created by Joe Madureira, a legend when it comes to kick ass character designs.....oh yeah...he's a comic book writer/artist with some amazing pieces of work.

HalfEVILmonkey
12-04-2009, 01:43 PM
Another interesting fact:

Characters are created by Joe Madureira, a legend when it comes to kick ass character designs.....oh yeah...he's a comic book writer/artist with some amazing pieces of work.

I did read that in that Play Magazine article. It looks like they really took some time with the character designs, costumes, level art, etc. There is supposed to be a lot of gore too.

Cypher_Cobra
12-09-2009, 06:22 AM
From the description this game sounds like a more violent and action packed version of a Legend of Zelda game.

Strato Streak
12-12-2009, 12:19 AM
Hey I don't mean to be a bore, but the video links are down...any chance this might be fixed? I am still in the dark about this game but it sounds pretty sweet!

HalfEVILmonkey
12-23-2009, 07:54 PM
it looks great in the vids...let's hope the puzzles aren't as f*cking annoying as a Zelda game LOL

Martinnn
12-24-2009, 01:36 AM
Video's have been removed :p
Can we get some new ones? :)

I'm really looking forward to this game, im defiantly making room for it on my shelf. :p