PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else feel lost

deesnuts
01-13-2008, 05:04 PM
I am new here and to the gaming community since i just got my 360 about 4 months ago and its the first console i have ever owned. So i am directed here via craigslist for helpful information and gaming tips. I feel lost i feel i've stepped into a world where everything is over my head, i don"t know lingo. I have a couple games near achievment completion, I just wonder how the hell people on here get so many achievment points, I game frequently but some achievments are really tough to get. Like in halo3 how the hell can someone find all the skulls if you don't know where to look, without any helpful information, I mean would think if you had no knowledge of where to look it would take you an eternity to find them all. Again i feel like a peon in a giants world. Am i overreacting? I love my 360 and going online to play even though im new at it sometimes its hard playing online cause people for whatever reason kick me out of thier session. I have yet to play halo3 online since i am so intimidated and really don't know anyone to play with that can "show me the ropes" but i'll get on sooner or later and try and teach myself. For the people with high gaming scores what does it take to get to that level...gaming 24/7??? or does it just take time and patience?? I am a newbie to this entire gaming community so any words of encouragment or help for me and anyone else out there who feels the same. Thanks for taking the time to read this I don't even know if i'm doing this right. I mean how do you get a gamer card on here? I am way way behind on the technology curve

Deesnuts2:uzi:0:Bounce:

Bodangles
01-13-2008, 05:16 PM
welcome dees! you're gonna love it here :). everybody here is nice (almost too nice ;)) and would be more than glad to show you some ropes online. in fact i'm sure you could meet tons of people to play with. as far as where to get skulls or various things in games, you just need to either :

a.) click home on the 360 at the top. scroll down until you find the game that you are looking for. look at the threads at click what you need :)

b.) search for it! in the green toolbar under the 360 you'll see search. for example, click it and type in Halo 3 Skulls, and voila! you see the Sticky with the youtube videos for where the skulls are.

(link to skulls- http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=36680 )

as for how people get so many achievement points, it is because of our magnificent guides. in a certain ga alsome's section, you'll find a Sticky for Achievement Guide. using these you will be able to get most gamerpoints in under 30 hours. some 5 minutes. some 80 hours. most fit the 15-35 range.

you see nobody here will kick you from their session or be rude/mean to you. if they do, the wrath of zee banhammer will come down :) we love new members. in fact you are 50,something to join this site. if you ever need anything, feel free to PM me or post your question, or even hit me up on Live at iDangle. do keep posting, though, as it's great to have you!

p.s. my Xbox is at Microsoft(a.k.a M$) ATM(at the moment) so i won't be able to help you for the time being, but i am sure many of our members would be glad to. if you post here:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=23734

asking for help, i bet at least one kid offers to help you. also, to get your gamercard up, click USERCP at the top of the page. on the left side you will see Edit Profile. click on it. all the way at the bottom it asks for your gamertag. enter it and your gamercard will appear under your name. cheers again mate :)

LethalRope
01-13-2008, 05:27 PM
I have yet to play halo3 online since i am so intimidated and really don't know anyone to play with that can "show me the ropes"

Well im a lethalrope and i will show you anything you want baby :p

Don't be intimidated, considering your post it sounds like you understand a bit. The majority of players on halo 3 online don't know anything apart from shoot and how to bad mouth or generaly be a pain in the ass. Get straight into the action, i remember my first day of live. I jammed the computer cable into my 360 hoping it would do something and i started with a free month of live. I went onto gears of war not having a clue where anything was and was getting abuse from all players left right and centre.

As for the achievements this website is a community that will discuss and help you get those difficult achievements if it means boosting which there is a guide on in this forum then so be it.

Hit me with a friends request and i'll accept.

:)

deesnuts
01-13-2008, 05:36 PM
Thaks iD angle for the encouragment and the more i read stuff on this site the more i see that people here are nice.

deesnuts
01-13-2008, 05:38 PM
Koo, Man, very Koo i'll do that soon as my girlfriend gives me my controller back

Bodangles
01-13-2008, 05:43 PM
lol it's no problem man. don't let the woman bring you down! there are a couple rules you will learn, but i'll just teach one..
1.)when you need to add to a post that you just posted, use the EDIT button at the bottom of the last post to add something else to your post, rather than double post. this keeps the mods happy and our servers clean :).

mjda
01-13-2008, 05:48 PM
For the people with high gaming scores what does it take to get to that level...gaming 24/7??? or does it just take time and patience??

Take a look here (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=32937). It's a list of games that you can easily (for the most part) get to or near 1000 points in. If you really want to boost your score, go rent some of the games on that list. Obviously, the easier ones are at the top and the harder ones at the bottom. Just read the first 2 posts in that thread and you'll understand it.

J O 12 D
01-13-2008, 06:31 PM
For the people with high gaming scores what does it take to get to that level...gaming 24/7??? or does it just take time and patience??

To be honest, score is quite an easy thing to get depending on the games you play, some games can be hard to get score on which takes time and patience but some people only get easy games for fast score boosts.

thecrazyguy
01-13-2008, 07:21 PM
Welcome to the site. I can certainly relate to you when it comes to playing online. I've had my 360 since launch, and have been gaming for years and years, and I'm still like a total amateur online lol. It can be intimidating. I'm usually on live most every day, feel free to add me to you friends list if ya like GT nextgenplayer33

KINGxSAINT
01-13-2008, 07:42 PM
you can add me ill help you

KINGxSAINT

Osaka Jim
01-14-2008, 12:23 PM
I am new here and to the gaming community since i just got my 360 about 4 months ago and its the first console i have ever owned.

In all honesty then you should forget about achievements for now and just concentrate on having fun, discovering new games and getting to know the gaming community. Achivement Farming becomes an addiction to a lot of people, usually at the expense of chilling out and having fun.

If this is really your first console then enjoy it mate, the score will come over time, just make sure to have fun along the way. Slogging it out for 300 kills should not be your first experience of 360 gaming, that shit should come much latter :)

Ryot Control
01-14-2008, 04:37 PM
Osaka brought up a forgotten point that before gamerscore, we played for fun so if anything do that first. If you have any questions, feel free to drop us a line on live or something.

And score is nice but it just a over time kind of achievement. If anything, it will encourage you to play games you usually wouldn't consider.

Denny Crane
01-14-2008, 06:22 PM
In all honesty then you should forget about achievements for now and just concentrate on having fun, discovering new games and getting to know the gaming community. Achivement Farming becomes an addiction to a lot of people, usually at the expense of chilling out and having fun.

If this is really your first console then enjoy it mate, the score will come over time, just make sure to have fun along the way. Slogging it out for 300 kills should not be your first experience of 360 gaming, that shit should come much latter :)

hes right. video games were created for an entertainment outlet like tv, and so on. play games, have fun. if your worried about points they come with playing and the shit that doesnt probally will not be fun to get and then your working at geting it, working not playing. there is enough work in life... dont bring that shit home if you dont have to

Bax x360a
01-14-2008, 08:14 PM
Try not to be intimidated about playing online mate, its a great experience overall and definitely worth trying out. I see you've got COD4, send me a Friend Request if you want and we'll have a game together, I'll teach you a few basics that'll have you kicking some ass in no time mate.

kornfan2007
01-15-2008, 02:22 PM
Welcome to this community. It is certainly one of the best online communities I have seen with constant help. I have always been one for why donate money for something that is free and is available from other people for free too, but this site is so good that I subscribed to keep it running.

If you need help on any game then it is within the forum with lots of helpful posts every time. A handy tool on this site is locate on the home page under the link 'Retail Games' on the left hand side. From there you can select any game you want to see achievements for and within the game on the right hand side there is a link to 'Add Checklist' which will allow you to tick of the achievements you get and keep track of them.

I play for fun before achievements, but I also like having something extra to aim for. If you need any help with anything you can PM me here or make a post obviously.

zdarko43
01-15-2008, 02:30 PM
Don't feel discouraged dude. For the longest time I was scared to get online because knowing there were other people out there better at these games than myself.
But once you get online, and start playing, its a whole new gaming experience. I recommend for anyone honestly.

Online gaming is really a blast and is now my preferred spot to play in most games. :)

And don't feel overwhelmed about a lot of people having high gamerscores. You're able to get a high gamerscore fairly quickly if you refer to the Quick Achievements Thread. There you can boost your 2/3k GS into probably about 10K GS within a week to two weeks time easily.

You'll get the hang of it. If you have any questions feel free to PM me!
:)

Happy Gaming Man, Welcome to the world of the 360; and welcome to the community!

talica1916
01-15-2008, 09:34 PM
I have had a 360 since the launch and was not sure about on-line gaming. Once you learn how everything works it gets fun. I still am a amature myself about playing certian games on-line. Hit me up with a friend request.

GT talica1916

Nice signature

Dekkenarr
01-20-2008, 06:12 PM
One thing that I have found very helpful is viewing posts on the general forums and game forums. If you get stuck on a game or on an achievement just head over to that games forum and read some posts. Chances are someone else is having trouble too. Another thing about playing on live is dont pay much mind to the immature little kids who think they are the best thing in the world because they can kill you on an online video game. Just play the game how you want to and to have fun.
Just a few words from another new guy.