PDA

View Full Version : Castlevania: SOTN?

DefEdge
01-13-2008, 06:03 PM
Ok, I know this is an excellent game, I've played it, hell, own it on my PS1.

With this in mind, should I buy this over live or stick to my own version?

(I'm cheap, MS points feel expensive to me. :))

Pez
01-13-2008, 06:11 PM
What's better than replaying it again in the future, is being able to play it again in the future ON A 360!

Trust me it's great. It's lasted me as long as an average retail game. It's worth it for the 360.

You don't have to worry about setting up a PS1, run the risk of losing the disk to the game.

I'd say it's a small price to pay for the benefits. ;)

Pez.

botafogo007
01-13-2008, 06:13 PM
Yeah, I'd say get it for your 360 and stash the PS1 disc away somewhere safe. It's a collector's item, especially if you have the case and it's not one of those greatest hits cases.

DefEdge
01-13-2008, 06:19 PM
Greatest Hits... I had rented it and found it again cause it was so great. I've got the case and everything for it sitting on my shelf with the rest of my old games. I did play the demo for it and found the lack of a loading time very nice, after sitting at the load screens in the past.

Maybe it would be good to pick it up.

Pez
01-13-2008, 06:28 PM
The achievements add to the fun aswell.

The achievement list is quite a good list. You'd have to play through the game a couple of times. A minimum of twice for the full 200, considering you have to complete the game as Richter for an achievement. ;)

Pez.

calzord
01-13-2008, 06:32 PM
i loved cson it was a good game and a fun list of achievments.

DefEdge
01-13-2008, 06:34 PM
Richter can be done right in about 20 minutes. He can't collect any of the gear or be bothered with all of the bosses really.

I wonder if the old glitches are in effect. I think the current record for percentages is about 281% or so using heart refreshes and other tricks.

Plus there is a way to keep all of your Alucard gear (death can't remove it from you if you know how.)

Needless to say, I've never done any of the tricks, but if it's a direct port then I'm pretty sure they are in.

SegaSaturnSNK
01-13-2008, 07:19 PM
I own the original and greatest hits on the PS1 and I still bought it on X-Live. The game is too good.

Matrarch
01-13-2008, 07:25 PM
I own the original and greatest hits on the PS1 and I still bought it on X-Live. The game is too good.

Same here. :D Seriously, it's a great game no matter where it's ported. Now you'll get the fun of playing it while putting no more burden on that ol' PS1 disc AND the bonus of achievements. What more could you ask for? ;)

DefEdge
01-13-2008, 08:30 PM
I could ask for putting my disc into the machine and the system telling me "Hey, I see you have already purchased the full version of this game. You get the Live Arcade version for free now. Enjoy!"

Not gonna happen haha.