PDA

View Full Version : WhatPulse

Impulse
01-13-2008, 11:56 PM
Ever thought of setting up a Whatpulse team... It's kind of a gimmick but it's fun..

killlah631
01-14-2008, 12:42 AM
What is a Whatpulse team?????

Impulse
01-14-2008, 12:44 AM
What is a Whatpulse team?????

http://whatpulse.org/whatis/

HoodMod
01-14-2008, 12:46 AM
I might understand what that is, but the reality is, I'm still really confused.

Impulse
01-14-2008, 12:49 AM
Basically.. You register an account.. Install the programme to your computer.. And no it doesn't take up much CPU.. And it count's the clicks of your mouse, and the keystrokes...

Then you can make a team, where all of xbox360a can join.. And they will all add up to a total..

Now if enough people join up and you get high in the leaderboards.. You can have the websites link in the team profile.. And it may bring a few members this way..

mjda
01-14-2008, 12:57 AM
Basically.. You register an account.. Install the programme to your computer.. And no it doesn't take up much CPU.. And it count's the clicks of your mouse, and the keystrokes...

Sounds like a hacking attempt waiting to take place if you ask me.

Otisbum
01-14-2008, 01:04 AM
Yeah, even though the Privacy Policy states they only count keystrokes and don't save what's actually being keyed, it's much too close to a keylogger.

I have heard of this before, and I'm pretty sure that it's 100% legit, but I dunno.

Netnabi4
01-14-2008, 01:04 AM

I thought the same thing. I read it was counting your keystrokes but if the program works as the description says(counts your first key then has a plus 1 function) would you really care if they logged one letter?

Impulse
01-14-2008, 01:07 AM

I've had it for about 3 years now.. And it hasn't touched me in any other way apart from counting my strokes and clicks..

Plus it's been running for about 5-6 years.. And there still up and running.. Don't you think they'd of been shut down if they where running a keylogger on millions of peoples computers.. As thats the kind of number of members they have..

Otisbum
01-14-2008, 01:16 AM
I'm sure it's safe when downloaded from the actual site as opposed to some 3rd party, I'm just a bit skeptical.

Impulse
01-14-2008, 01:22 AM
I'm sure it's safe when downloaded from the actual site as opposed to some 3rd party, I'm just a bit skeptical.

It's always good to be.. Better safe than sorry as they say ;)

Otisbum
01-14-2008, 01:27 AM
Yup.

I'm somewhat reassured by the front page and how it's addressing stuff.
This would be cool to get together for the website, but it's definitely a matter of how many people would actually do it.

Impulse
01-14-2008, 01:29 AM
Well it's just a suggestion.. It's upto the Admins if they want it approved.. If they did.. I'd be happy to make the team and handle it

Otisbum
01-14-2008, 01:30 AM
It'd be pretty fun.

Do you have to open the program when you want it to count, or does it open on startup and hide in the bottom right bar?

Impulse
01-14-2008, 01:35 AM
It'd be pretty fun.

Do you have to open the program when you want it to count, or does it open on startup and hide in the bottom right bar?

Yep.. Opens on startup i think lol.. Then just stays in your system tray..

Otisbum
01-14-2008, 01:37 AM
Cool.

I'll check it out.

EDIT: I love how the top ranked team on WP (LUElinks) is pretty much the same thing as the top rank on MyMiniCity (LUELand).

Minty
01-14-2008, 06:49 AM
I am not encouraging anyone to download a key logger. Dont care how many members they have or whatever, I still dont trust them.

Impulse
01-14-2008, 12:30 PM
I am not encouraging anyone to download a key logger. Dont care how many members they have or whatever, I still dont trust them.

Not a problem mate was just an idea :)