PDA

View Full Version : 3 Crashes, You're OUT!!! n00b in need of help!

zdarko43
01-14-2008, 03:01 AM
Alright. So this game is in the under 5 hours achievement list, right?

Well, I've spent probably close to 4 hours, and I've got NOTHING. Between my lack of knowledge of how to play baseball, I don't understand what is going on, never before played a baseball game before, I just can't get any achievements.

It doesn't help that I've already ran into 3 separate crashes just trying to play this game.

Let's take a step back for a minute, I can't even figure out the basis of this game, following the achievement guide really isn't much help, either.

Does anyone know if I'm able to get the achievements vs a second controller?

Trying to figure out how the gameplay works, what the hells the difference between any type of pitch, its just all very very frustrating, and the fact the game keeps crashing really doesn't make my life any easier.

Looking thru the forums here, there truly isn't anything here to help the community out minus the achievement guide. And thats just basis on how to get the achievements. Well, unfortunately, you need to know a little bit about the damn game to learn how to get the achievements.

I'm entirely at a loss. If there is any help anyone could give, any pointers, and tips on when / how to do what in the game.

I follow the instructions that the achievement guide gives, my bunts seem to never get past the short stop (is that right) and barely even bounces into the outfield let alone ever near an actual homerun.

Another issue I'm having is whenever I attempt to steal a base I'm NEVER close to getting the steal, worse off is I never actually see the pitcher throw the ball at the base so I'm thinking I've got the steal, and no dice, precious!

Questions:

1. Am I supposed to hold the bunt button the whole time, or should I bunt at the last second? Does that Make a Difference?

2. When is the best opportunity to steal a base?

3. Is anyone else experiencing a constant crash? ( I can rarely ever get to the second inning let alone the end of the game!)

4. Do the achievements reward when you complete them or at the end of a game?

Well, thanks for any help/tips/pointers about this sport, I truly appreciate it!

EDIT: Extra Question: Is there anyway to predetermine where the pitch is going??

PS I crashed again in midst of typing this answer and my feeble attempt to playing this game. UGH

RogueVasion
01-15-2008, 04:54 PM
1. Am I supposed to hold the bunt button the whole time, or should I bunt at the last second? Does that Make a Difference? Bunt at the last second; if you hold it there, the pitcher won't throw it down the middle.

2. When is the best opportunity to steal a base? When the pitcher is in his stance to throw it at the batter, jump off and run as fast as you can; it's quite easy if you time it correctly.

3. Is anyone else experiencing a constant crash? ( I can rarely ever get to the second inning let alone the end of the game!) I too have had this problem; I never got a single achievement, so I returned it to Gameznflix yesterday.

4. Do the achievements reward when you complete them or at the end of a game? Refer to #3

zdarko43
01-15-2008, 05:04 PM
Thanks for answering my questions. I actually sent my copy back to Gamefly yesterday hoping that I'll get another copy that actually works...

I really want to get these easy achievements!!! :woop: