PDA

View Full Version : Question about Oblivion Downloadable content

Subion
01-15-2008, 02:13 PM
I have all of the Oblivion D.C. and it works fine. My niece tried to play under her account on my system and the only downloadable thing she can do is the fighters strong hold. I tried to delete everything and redownload it all and nothing changes. It won't even let her use the two free missions from the Xbox magazine disk. I tried under my cousins gamer tag and it only lets him use the Fighters Stronghold misson also.

Is there a certain thing you have to do to get the rest to work? I had the game almost completed before I downloaded it originally so I'm not really sure.

Thanks

zdarko43
01-15-2008, 02:21 PM
Some games will link particular downloads to the gamertag associated when the content was downloaded.

I don't like how that works but its sometimes all they can do to keep you from pirating / copying and reselling the download to someone else.

Is the other gamertags that are trying to use the additional content also on your Xbox that you originally downloaded the content with or a separate Xbox? That could also be an issue.

But in any case, the reason why the Fighter's Stronghold works and the rest doesn't is probably because the stronghold was free content at one point in time.

If nothing else, copy your save file to a memory card, and then eject the memory card and let your family play with your gamertag on the game. :)

MajinFro
01-19-2008, 03:43 PM
or let your GT stay logged in on the 2nd controller.

d1abl0z0p3ra
01-19-2008, 03:56 PM
ok sign your account on, then sign off and sign her on!!!

piece of cake, had this very minor problem before but no big deal!

Tatanko
01-19-2008, 04:22 PM
Does that really work? I've wanted to do Shivering Isles for the longest time now just for the achievements and my friend has it, but I'm not sure I feel like paying for it. If I do it on his 360 and he signs in, can I use his?

Subion
01-20-2008, 08:23 PM
Thanks for the tips guys. I'll have to try them and see if it will let me.

I did manage to get the two missions from the OXM disc to work for both accounts. I had to remove the updates for oblivion and then delete the two missions from my hard drive and install them under her account and then reupdate. It works fine on both accounts now.

I'm going to mess with it some more to see if I can get the other missions and the Shivering Isles to work. If I can't I'm going to see if a friend still has his retail disc I can try to reinstall again.

MajinFro
01-20-2008, 08:53 PM
what two missions were on the oxm disc out of curiousity?

GalrenCreptus
01-20-2008, 08:53 PM
Also be aware that the Fighter's Stronghold makes working on The Wizard's Tower virtually impossible, causes the store you need to go to in the Imperial City to be perma-locked with a very hard lock. Not sure if it causes any other problems but that's the main one I know of.

Subion
01-23-2008, 04:49 AM
what two missions were on the oxm disc out of curiousity?

They were thieve's den and Wizard's Tower