PDA

View Full Version : Co-op game with easy achievements?

Branden2010A
01-16-2008, 03:33 AM
What's the best game for this preferably offline, but online is good too I guess......If you know more then one that's wonderful =) oh and I've already almost 100% marvel so that one is out of the question. Just have some cleaning up to do on it.:woop:

Birky
01-16-2008, 03:40 AM
You can get about 900 co-op points in Halo 3. GOW has about 600-700ish co-op points. Most sport games 2K6, 2K7, can be done with locally 1v1 for most achievements. Guitar Hero and Rock Band both have a good number of co-op achievements.

I say wait for Army of Two. But if you want points now; get an EA game from 2006.

Branden2010A
01-16-2008, 03:44 AM
Lol ok, I just saw a web site that said Army of Two was a one player game,....that's false right. If not then I think that totally beats the purpose of the game lol.
True true I might just go with Rock Band, though I don't wanna toss out the money to get it, and so I've heard you can't use the controller in this one?
Please excuse me if both of these are wrong my connections are very poor lol.

Birky
01-16-2008, 03:51 AM
Army of Two is meant to be a cooperative shooter. Playing it alone would be dumb. The whole point is finding ways to finish objectives by working together. Example: Player one holding player two on his shoulders so player 2 can shoot over a wall and kill some baddies. I am looking forward to it more than Halo 3 and Mass Effect combined.

I am not sure if you can use a standard controller for Rock Band or not (you CAN for Guitar Hero though). But still it is a wonderful game. You can feel like a rock star rocking out the drums, guitar, bass, or vocals. All this along side you 1-3 buddies. Having a full band going in one room is one of the most memorable experiences you will ever have on your xbox.

I would recommend getting both, but if you have never played Rock Band or Guitar Hero before you might want to try it out first. Some people are just flat out bad at RB/GH. They are just not musical and will not find it fun. Despite that, I still feel most people would enjoy it.

zlionsfan
01-16-2008, 05:39 PM
You cannot use a standard controller for Rock Band as an instrument - you need one for the menus when you are singing, but you have to have a USB mic as well. So the most you could do would be vocals only, singing into a headset.

You can use GH guitars in Rock Band, though.

However, I'm not sure that there are that many easy co-op achievements in either GH III or Rock Band. Rock Band is easier overall, but if you look at the achievement guide, you'll see most of the co-op ones require a lot of time to get (playing through a bunch of songs to unlock venues), and you and at least one other person will have to get pretty good to unlock those.

I think both games are definitely worth buying, but you'll probably find easier co-op achievements elsewhere.

Bax x360a
01-16-2008, 06:46 PM
Whack Kane and Lynch on Hard difficulty, play it on co-op, and you can get around 500 gamerpoints. It takes no more than 6/7/8 hours to complete.

gravest_jimmy
01-16-2008, 06:51 PM
Halo 3, Kane and Lynch, GoW, Guitar Hero 3 are all good offline co-op games, but if you want good "co-op" games online with easy achievements just get a copy of SvR 07 then get a mate who has it and do achievement trading, also works in all of the above games.

SoaringEagle
01-16-2008, 07:45 PM
hmm, Halo is pretty decent, i like Vegas 2, if the split screen achievements werent glitched, but if u have online, then Vegas too. :)

Siege Is Like
01-16-2008, 11:21 PM
XBLA: Streets of Rage 2/Uno.

Normal Game: Gears of War, Halo, Crash Of The Titans

Pez
01-17-2008, 12:38 AM
Offline co-op? Easy co-op?

I'm surprised no-one has said Lego Star Wars: The Original Trilogy or Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga.

Trust me, they are so much fun, and that's playing by yourself, it's even better in co-op! I used to have a blast with my 7yo sister on this game, it's that easy! :p

I highly recommend these games if you're looking for offline co-op fun, with relatively easy achievements. ;)

Daywalker-san
01-17-2008, 12:45 AM
Retail: Xbox 360

XBLA: Golden Axe

artvandel4y
01-18-2008, 04:42 AM
Whack Kane and Lynch on Hard difficulty, play it on co-op, and you can get around 500 gamerpoints. It takes no more than 6/7/8 hours to complete.
But I wouldn't recommend buying it. It's a decent rental. Easy to get around 150 for online as well, so that comes up to 650 points for around 10 hours of total play, that you will not particularly want to repeat, but not regret. Good story "I pay my debts... to the penny." "She's limp? I barely even hit her."
Most of the others you should own by now.

rhyan5
01-18-2008, 04:51 AM
I'm gonna have to go with Kane and Lynch. Parts can be hard, but I did beat the game in under 6 hours with my video game challenged friend and got most of the achievements. The online is also fun, although it is not co-op.