PDA

View Full Version : 'See Who's Online' Idea

Pez
01-16-2008, 05:30 AM
I thought, since Mygamercard.net have done it, why can't we?

They have their thing called the LIVETracker, which monitors which users are on which game and what they're doing on that game.

Why don't we have something like that for our members? Y'know, just a little extra to add to the site?

I can't actually come up with any reasons as to why we should have it, so I can completely understand if it's a no. :)

xLCDx
01-16-2008, 05:54 AM
band width. It would just be coming out of your own pocket.

Pez
01-16-2008, 05:57 AM

Why do you think we recently got some advertisements for the front page? ;)

Plus with the more members joining, the more of the chance some of them are going to subscribe/donate. I know when I can subscribe or donate, I will.

But yeah, your point is a good point LCD. :)

Deyankees1
01-16-2008, 06:00 AM

Plus with the more members joining, the more of the chance some of them are going to subscribe/donate. I know when I can subscribe or donate, I will.

But yeah, your point is a good point LCD. :)

its not a bad idea. I as well will donate once I open my bank account in a couple of weeks since I'm currently credit card less. But Its a good idea if you want to game with some one or something.

Ash3n
01-16-2008, 06:10 AM

We do a ton of stuff that isn't focused on the amount of BW consumption. If it makes sense, it's implemented. This might be something that Dan, Mint, RX or Krazie will see.......then I will have to make the @$%$#@ graphics for. Thanks for possibly increasing my workload. ;)

Pez
01-16-2008, 06:12 AM
We do a ton of stuff that isn't focused on the amount of BW consumption. If it makes sense, it is implemented. This might be something that Dan, Mint, RX or Krazie will see.......then I will have to make the @$%$#@ graphics for. Thanks for possibly increasing my workload. ;)

Atleast we know you'll make a good job of it. :p

Minty
01-16-2008, 07:26 AM

We barely cover the cost of the servers from subscribers a month, and the adverts are needed for a second server- so dont cost on that lol

Pez
01-16-2008, 07:35 AM
So I'm gonna take a guess as to say we don't have enough bandwidth/can't afford the bandwidth needed for this sort of thing?

Unless we get tons more money put to the site anyways.

Minty
01-16-2008, 07:47 AM
Id say there are more important things we want to do with the bandwidth, until we get to a point in time when we have upgraded to a much bigger bandwidth

Pez
01-16-2008, 07:49 AM
Aah I understand.

So I guess that whatever you have got planned is classified until release? ;)

Well Minty, you can lock 'er down now. :)