PDA

View Full Version : Can others play all of my XBLA games using the same Xbox 360?

Marat
01-16-2008, 07:14 AM
I have 3 different Xbox Live gamer tags on my Xbox 360 since 3 different people use it.

I buy a lot of XBLA games and i have noticed that other tags (my friends) can play the full version of the XBLA game that i bought which is fine with me, but most of the XBLA games i bought can not be played on other tags, is there any way i can enable for all of the XBLA games that i bought to be played on other gamer tags?

Thanks.

Sajaa
01-16-2008, 08:12 AM
Are you using a 360 that you didn't download some of your games onto? Because if you download XBLA games onto one 360 then download them onto another 360 (or use the hard drive you downloaded them onto) only the gamertag that downloaded the games will be able to access the full game while connected to live. It's for security reasons. A lot of people get screwed over by this when they have to send their 360 in for repair.

goenitz96
01-16-2008, 08:25 AM
Ok thanks, that explain why my other accounts can't play full games anymore.

By the way i've got aegis wing (dowloaded whith a us account) and i play it on my french account, so if i change my xbox, will it return in trial version?
Perhaps if i delete the game and redowload it I won't have the problem?
I'm a little nervous because my xbox is doing weird things....

You said
"only the gamertag that downloaded the games will be able to access the full game while connected to live"
if you redownload the game after changing the xbox (whith the account you purchased the game), you don't need to be connected to live anymore and you can play offline.
That's what i did when i changed my xbox.

Sajaa
01-16-2008, 09:22 AM
So you re-downloaded a game after changing 360s and it lets you play offline now? I wonder if that was added in the fall update because i tried that before and it didn't work for me. As for aegis wing, it shouldn't appear as a trial after changing 360s. I've changed 360s before and it worked fine after.

goenitz96
01-16-2008, 10:39 AM
I've done it in may 2007, after my first ROD.

When i wasn't connected all my arcade games were in trial version. I've just redownload them (take only 1sec), and now i can play offline. But only whith my main account.

Perhaps an update has modified this after may, when did you change your 360?

EDIT: i've checked my xbox. Now even if i'm connected to live or not i can play the full version of all my arcade games. i've got a main account, 1 us and 1 jap which are silver, and 3 local accounts for friends.
Perhaps the difference is that all my accounts have been used on my xbox (2 xbox, the same hdd and never recovered on a friend xbox), if you have problems, do you use account recovering?

Marat
01-16-2008, 07:22 PM
I am using the same Xbox and the Hard Drive.
And i would think that only the person who bought the XBLA can play the full version BUT like i was saying, other people who play on my Xbox 360 using different gamer tags can play the full version of the XBLA game that i bought as well.

Asian47
01-16-2008, 07:53 PM
I remember when I first got a 360, with gold membership came Bankshot Billiards 2. My brother downloaded the game to his profile and all was well.

After sending in that console and getting a new one, I realised I couldn't play the full game anymore, even though I got achievements in it. :mad:

I tried re-downloading it a few times but the same thing happened. Out of curiousity, I checked out the additional info(forgot what they call it)and found something out.

In order for me to play the full game, the profile that downloaded it must be signed in. So I signed in with my brother's profile and I was able to play the full version again.

If an arcade game does that, you have to sign in with the profile that downloaded it everytime you want to play. I went from two achievements before to four after I found this out on that game. It's a pain, but it's better then being stuck with only the trial version.

goenitz96
01-17-2008, 08:08 AM
I am using the same Xbox and the Hard Drive.
And i would think that only the person who bought the XBLA can play the full version BUT like i was saying, other people who play on my Xbox 360 using different gamer tags can play the full version of the XBLA game that i bought as well.

just a question can you tell me what type of accont they have: silver, gold, local? do they make account recovery?

I think if we can compare the informations whith other users, we could perhaps solve your problem.
And if someone could post their different account configuration it would be great.
Just tell how many box you had, if accounts are used on other xbox (friends).

Ruthless
01-17-2008, 01:18 PM
You can play any arcade game you want from any xbox as i had to send one away and had about 20 arcade games and my gf can play them on my new xbox, she has a gold account, ill post here later (as im on lunch break now) how to do it if you want, also you could check the spongebob thread and forums as i posted how to do it there a few weeks ago.

Ill edit in a few hours!!!

Mtld
02-11-2008, 09:08 PM
Can someone confirm if re-downloading the games solves the problem of having purchased games showing as trials ??

EDIT: I had problems using the same HDD on a different XBOX360... do somebody know if re-downloading the game on my HDD would work ???

goenitz96
02-12-2008, 07:32 AM
That's what I've done when I had my xbox changed and it worked for me. At least you should try it, you've got nothing to loose.

papochini
02-12-2008, 09:27 AM
Well since my account says that i'm from spain even though i'm from el salvador but my country is not in the list :( well i have an US account GT: Papochini and that is the one i use to add ms point and buy all of my xbla games but i always play them as WorkingTavo and so far i've never had a problem with any