PDA

View Full Version : Game cases?

Sanction
01-17-2008, 03:42 AM
Does anyone know a site or store where I can buy video game cases with the cover art and booklet inside? I have the disc for Mass Effect but I have no case...does Gamestop sell just cases?

razzleson
01-17-2008, 03:52 AM
Go to your local Blockbuster and just ask, they usually get like 10 of the same game, but only put the case/art out for like 5 tops.

The rest are stored in a box behind the counter/in the back.

If they say no, just go to the shelf and nab one.

Deyankees1
01-17-2008, 03:52 AM
I personally dont know but you could ask gamestop if there willing to sell you a case. Its worth a shot.

Sanction
01-17-2008, 04:04 AM
Go to your local Blockbuster and just ask, they usually get like 10 of the same game, but only put the case/art out for like 5 tops.

The rest are stored in a box behind the counter/in the back.

If they say no, just go to the shelf and nab one.

Does the buzzer thing go off for cases? Or just the cases that blockbuster makes (with the BB logo them)?

And would they have a reason to not just give me a case?

HoodMod
01-17-2008, 04:10 AM
And would they have a reason to not just give me a case?

Well they're Blockbuster so as a rule all the employees are uptight assholes.

razzleson
01-17-2008, 04:10 AM
The buzzer only goes off with cases that have two things.

1. Lockable cases, i.e. the clear game ones with blue locks, or the normal DVD ones with yellow locks.
2. If it has black strip on the case. It's a magnetic strip that activates the buzzer, it's about 2.5" by .25" and it's usually on the back of the case near the bottom.

If you're only taking a game case (the neon green case w/ game art/manual) you should be fine. I worked at Blockbuster for a while and had to cover at numerous stores in my area and I had never once saw a game case with any kind of security on them.

Seriously though, just ask. I don't see why you'd be shot down. Just make up a BS story like your dog thrashed the case while the game was in your 360 and you don't want to leave the game out to get scratched. If that fails offer the guy/girl a few bucks.

Well they're Blockbuster so as a rule all the employees are uptight assholes.
Are you calling me an uptight asshole? :p

Sanction
01-17-2008, 04:14 AM
Yeah, I'll just ask. I don't want to get caught stealing something from a store I go to almost weekly.

And the guys and girls who work at my BB are pretty cool, usually they ask for a credit card when renting 360 games, but since I'm a regular I pay cash. :cool:

HoodMod
01-17-2008, 04:19 AM
Are you calling me an uptight asshole? :p

No, I'm just generalizing, lol. You did give me that infraction though. I won't forget! :)

Lord of Fate
01-27-2008, 03:30 AM
Haha! You guys are actually discussing stealing a discless game case! Lmao...

PerpetualHeaven
01-27-2008, 03:34 AM
Haha! You guys are actually discussing stealing a discless game case! Lmao...

Not as bad as bringing back 10 day old threads! Lock down! I thought they did these kind of things in Kansas? :p