PDA

View Full Version : Give me a game I can play co-op with my wife

Briton
01-18-2008, 02:30 AM
I enjoy getting my wife to play video games. She is playing Tetris Evolution as I type this. I plan on getting her Viva Pinata through gamefly sometime. But I would really like to find a game that we could play co-op.

She would not like a shooter like Halo of Gears. I would prefer to enjoy the game also. I enjoy about most any game that does not suck though .

I would prefer a game that I could get some Gamerscore out of. Mabye even a game I could get 1000G in.

The games I have considered are Crash of the Titans. We both have played the PS1 versions and loved them. However the Titans got medium reviews. How is the co-op set up for Crash of the Titans? Is it both players playing at the same time all the time? Is it fun? Can I get achievements while playing co-op?

The other game I saw was the Lego Star wars games. I am not totally sure she will like those tho. And I hear they are long and boring after the first play though when trying to get all 1000G.

Anyways. Any more ideas? anyone have comments on my ideas?

Thanx guys!

Creech
01-18-2008, 02:33 AM
Viva Pinata Party Animals (not sure if that is the Viva you were referring to or not) is one you can both get achievements in, fun if you don't play it for too long in one sitting.

HoodMod
01-18-2008, 02:34 AM
I was gonna tell you Lego Star Wars, saw you already had picked it out. It was a very long and not very fun looking path all the way to 1000, I got 350 and don't know how much higher I can get. The co-op is very fun though.

If you're willing to spend a lot and you both have some sort of "musical" talent, you could pick up Rock Band, which never gets old to play w/ someone else.

synister EFFECT
01-18-2008, 02:46 AM
You could try Rayman Raving Rabbids, but you probably will not get 1000gs in that game

Weirdo guy
01-18-2008, 02:46 AM
My wife and I enjoy Halo 3, Gears, and Perfect Dark Zero but since your looking for non-shooters :uzi:
some other ones we have had Co-Op fun with on the 360 are Guitar Hero III, Fuzion Frenzy 2($20), Lego Star Wars II($20). On the Wii we enjoy Wii sports, Rayman Raving Rabbids, and Mario Party 8.

The Pants Party
01-18-2008, 02:47 AM
I just started Crash last night, it's pretty fun actually. The co-op does work like you'd expect, both running around together. It would definitely work for what you're looking for.

Shinobi273
01-18-2008, 02:48 AM
Marvel Ultimate Alliance is another good co-op game. Arkadian Warriros on XBLA is supposed to be good as well.

Briton
01-18-2008, 02:53 AM
WOW fast replies! Yea I was thinkin about whether I want to get into those music games. I have a feeling they would take alot of time to get good at. She would prolly be better at them then me. I bet she would like them though. What music games (Rock Band and Guitar Hero) are the most fun and are either of them realistic when it comes to getting all or most the achievements?

Thanx for replying! More comments welcome.

Ben Sharpe
01-18-2008, 02:54 AM
I have to say lego star wars is great fun in co-op (i played it with my gf and she liked it too)

HoodMod
01-18-2008, 02:57 AM
WOW fast replies! Yea I was thinkin about whether I want to get into those music games. I have a feeling they would take alot of time to get good at. She would prolly be better at them then me. I bet she would like them though. What music games (Rock Band and Guitar Hero) are the most fun and are either of them realistic when it comes to getting all or most the achievements?

I think Rock Band is the best, not for the guitar, but for the drums and singing and everyone getting to play together. Both Rock Band and GH are tough for achievements, but Rock Band is still way easier.

Otisbum
01-18-2008, 02:58 AM
If she likes the Arcade games, Feeding Frenzy 2 is coming out soon (which has co-op).
You should also get Guitar Hero or Rock Band if she enjoys music.
If she has knowledge in movies extending from the 50s to now, you could get Scene It!, which I'm sure you could get most if not all of the 1000 points eventually.

One-Player Stuff:
If she is good at solving puzzles, and has somewhat decent shooting skills, she might love Portal (part of The Orange Box).
Zuma is a great Arcade game for people who aren't particularly skilled in videogames, which is what my mom plays primarily.

Shinobi273
01-18-2008, 02:58 AM

Hey we aim to please here! I'm not in to rythm games at all but the achievements on both those games looked tough as nails. I would go with Rock Band if only for the multiplayer co-op goodnesss. Unless you both can't hold a tune, then spare yourselves and go with Guitar Hero.

Briton
01-18-2008, 03:00 AM
Wow even more fast replies!

I really did not like Marvel Alliance.

I think Fuzion Frenzy 2 may be a good idea. That game is on the easy 1000G list also.

I am glad to hear someone likes Crash of the Titans. Anyone know if achievements are handed out well for CO_OP?

HoodMod
01-18-2008, 03:03 AM
Wow even more fast replies!

I really did not like Marvel Alliance.

I think Fuzion Frenzy 2 may be a good idea. That game is on the easy 1000G list also.

I am glad to hear someone likes Crash of the Titans. Anyone know if achievements are handed out well for CO_OP?

Fusion Frenzy is a really easy 1000, but a terrible game. I wouldn't suggest it if you're looking for fun.

Otisbum
01-18-2008, 03:04 AM
Fusion Frenzy is a really easy 1000, but a terrible game. I wouldn't suggest it if you're looking for fun. Is it anywhere near the first one? I played some of it on my Halo 1 disc and it was pretty decent.

Fonkey Monkey
01-18-2008, 03:16 AM
if you have a wii get super mario galaxy(even though you should already own it). im not sure how it works but i hear it plays well.

xGodDogx
01-18-2008, 03:21 AM
There is a list of games that are coop that i can think of
Guitar hero
Marvel ultimate alliance

I know a huge list

SoaringEagle
01-18-2008, 03:29 AM
Kane and Lynch :)

she'll love it, she'll play the character that murdered his wife :)

i'm just kidding, sports games? if she likes them

soccerplaya13cj
01-18-2008, 12:45 PM
Me and my girlfriend play NFS:MW which as an easy 1000 and we play rock band. She loves Rock Band the most though.

goenitz96
01-18-2008, 01:16 PM
I played burnout revenge on ps2 with my gf. She loves doing the crashs, she's even better than me. It's not coop but we made 1 race each other, trying to get the gold medal.
She like bomberman too.

I've heard that we could play the simpsons in coop, pehaps it's a good idea, you could see by trying the demo.

I'll try to look for lego star wars.

Ceryino63
01-18-2008, 01:31 PM
Scene it is an Awesome Game to play with friends and family. My mother has never played a video game in her life, but i had her playing scene it, LCA for about 3 hours on new years eve.

Another good game, as people have mentioned, is Rock Band. Guitar Hero 3 is also good, but if you're like a vast majority of the people i know, once you play rock band your GH3 will collect dust.

Paleo Looshe
01-18-2008, 04:17 PM
I'm a HUGE fan of GHIII and Rock Band, realisticly though GHIII is nearly impossible to get full 1000 in hence the 0 members of the 1000 club for it haha
but rock band is definetly easier and IMO more fun,
also in GHIII you can not get CO-OP achievements only the gamertag that is loaded on the game can get achievements so you would have to do everthing twice, if your wife wants achievements too
However in Rock Band you can both rack up achievements and have more of a variety on instruments :)

I'm married myself, and love to have my wife play video games as well,
we play:
GHIII
Rock Band
Halo 3 (only campaign tho, she thinks the guys on live are assholes, ;)) Eragon (not good for achievements tho, again only one person gets the achievements)
The Simpsons (The achievements are weird, you both will get them for completing each episode however other won't.......still a great game, and for me, the game makes me nautious)

Never thought about Crash, sounds good though!

PerpetualHeaven
01-18-2008, 05:38 PM

Go with Rock Band. It may be more expensive but there's more variety. Females love playing on the vocals, but then you have the option of Guitar and Drums.

GH3 on the other hand is quite difficult. I'm playing through GH2 right now and it's much much easier then number three. The difficulty leaps considerably through each difficulty on GH3.

The only games I could really recommend are something my girlfriend would enjoy and that's Viva Pinata Party Animals or Fuzion Frenzy 2. Both have been recommended and frankly, girls love mini-game style video games (at least from my experience). Unfortunately, there aren't many other games like that. Scene it! is also a good one.

You'll definitely want to look into some arcade games though. I don't know which ones you own but Uno is a must have. It's just plain and simple fun. Who doesn't love Uno? I don't know if she would like Heavy Weapon, but I had a ton of fun with it. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is fantastic co-op arcade game. It's classic, and I'm sure it'll spark some old memories.

I don't know if any of the Sonics are co-op, but if they are it's worth it. You could also try out Double Dragon.

Briton
01-18-2008, 06:18 PM
Go with Rock Band. It may be more expensive but there's more variety. Females love playing on the vocals, but then you have the option of Guitar and Drums.

GH3 on the other hand is quite difficult. I'm playing through GH2 right now and it's much much easier then number three. The difficulty leaps considerably through each difficulty on GH3.

The only games I could really recommend are something my girlfriend would enjoy and that's Viva Pinata Party Animals or Fuzion Frenzy 2. Both have been recommended and frankly, girls love mini-game style video games (at least from my experience). Unfortunately, there aren't many other games like that. Scene it! is also a good one.

You'll definitely want to look into some arcade games though. I don't know which ones you own but Uno is a must have. It's just plain and simple fun. Who doesn't love Uno? I don't know if she would like Heavy Weapon, but I had a ton of fun with it. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is fantastic co-op arcade game. It's classic, and I'm sure it'll spark some old memories.

I don't know if any of the Sonics are co-op, but if they are it's worth it. You could also try out Double Dragon.

2 questions on the arcade games:

1. Teenage Turtles. I have the arcade game on NES and me and a friend tried to beat it forever. Shredder at the end is so hard. He splits into 3 and 2 of the Shredders are fake. We even put in the code to have more continues and still could not beat him. We finally gave up.

Is the arcade game the same game????? If it is the same did they make any changes like making it possible to win?

2. Uno. Can my wife and I play on the same screen while playing against 2 other people on XBOX live?

Thanx guys!!

INSANEKID13
01-18-2008, 06:20 PM
Rock Band Seems To Be The Way To Go Although My Wife Likes Alot Of Thew Arcade Games To

Creech
01-18-2008, 06:26 PM
2. Uno. Can my wife and I play on the same screen while playing against 2 other people on XBOX live?

Thanx guys!!

No, Uno does not support same console multi-player.

Heavy Weapon does (1-4 players on the same console) and is quite fun and quite easy to play.

ThirdeYe
01-18-2008, 08:56 PM
I'd recommend the following:
Guitar Hero 2 or 3
Beautiful Katamari
Scene It!

Bax x360a
01-18-2008, 10:03 PM
How about Kameo? Take your wife on a nice, colourful adventure and waste the hours away into the early morning :p

JoeCool7835
01-18-2008, 10:43 PM
You want great co-op? Then I have two words for you...

ROCK BAND!!!

sam49
01-19-2008, 11:41 AM
ummmm. What about Halo 3?

PerpetualHeaven
01-19-2008, 01:47 PM
ummmm. What about Halo 3?

" She would not like a shooter like Halo of Gears." That's a direct quote. :p

1. Teenage Turtles. I have the arcade game on NES and me and a friend tried to beat it forever. Shredder at the end is so hard. He splits into 3 and 2 of the Shredders are fake. We even put in the code to have more continues and still could not beat him. We finally gave up.

Is the arcade game the same game????? If it is the same did they make any changes like making it possible to win?

Yeah, it's basically identical but now it has achievements. I was playing it with my little brother, and it's not that bad. Shouldn't be too difficult.

As for the Uno thing, I thought it did. Hm... well maybe if Microsoft updated my licenses I would know!