PDA

View Full Version : first post on every page?

Klister NL
01-18-2008, 08:55 AM
I didn't see this suggested.. and it's something I've grown quite fond of...

basically it shows the starterspost on top of every page. This, to me, is quite usefull when dealing with large topics with mulitple pages, as I usually forget what the topic is about and don't want to skip back to the first post.

It's not a biggy, just a little suggestion :p

rhyan5
01-18-2008, 11:55 PM
I have seen this before on a couple other sites. It could be useful although I really had no need for it.

benbam87
01-19-2008, 12:16 AM
That is a good idea. You mean sort of like a 'sticky' in the forum pages don't you as that would really help

J O 12 D
01-19-2008, 12:23 AM
Well actually this is sort of already on the site, it's just not above where you type your message, its below...If you scroll down you can see previous posts, including the starting post.

The Pants Party
01-19-2008, 03:09 AM
What he's talking about is having the first post in the thread at the top of every page of the thread. For instance, if this thread went to a second page, at the top of the second page, his post would be reproduced.

Frankly, if you're forgetting what thread you're reading by the second or third page, you might need to play some of those brain games on the DS...

Netnabi4
01-19-2008, 03:12 AM
Frankly, if you're forgetting what thread you're reading by the second or third page, you might need to play some of those brain games on the DS...

HAHAHAHAHA... You always make me laugh Pants. I don't really understand the point though. Isn't the thread title usually what the thread is about? I mean at least 95% of the time it is. So why would you need the topic starters post on every page. Its almost always just a reiteration of the name.

Klister NL
01-19-2008, 08:21 PM
lol true true.. you got me there

my excuse: I usually have several topics open and titles don't always tell what the topic is about... I found it usefull for the way I use forums.. but that might be different for you guys... :)

XboxFreak36
01-19-2008, 09:31 PM
lol I have the same sh*t. I'm checking mostly every game what im boosting, then i have like 3 or 4 windows :p i posted last time something crap on PES6 for boosting the NBA Street achievements :confused:

Xterm1n8or
01-19-2008, 09:38 PM
I see how it is a good idea for the more forgetfull users. But if it was implemented i think it should be able to be turned off manually user by user because it would annoy some people, including me.

I like to read a thread as a continuous script, i wouldn't want every page being broken up by the first post.

INSANEKID13
01-19-2008, 10:15 PM
:whs its an good idea but it would annoy me and if you forgot what you were talking about then you shouldn't talk about it at all