PDA

View Full Version : Undertow Refund

infradude
01-18-2008, 07:52 PM
All right, as most of you know microsoft will be giving undertow out for free next wednesday because of live issues, and I've already bought the game about a month ago. So I call XBOX Support and ask for a refund and they tell me that the new free version will have special features the original full game did not have. Is this true or is it complete bullishit because I paid 800 MS points and now everyone is getting it for free. I'm never buying another arcade game again.

Thanks,

pissed off infradude

Shinobi273
01-18-2008, 07:55 PM
Yeah, sorry man, it kinda sucks for you... Is this game even good? Looks like it is a hard 200.

BulletMagnet Uk
01-18-2008, 07:57 PM
I did not know this no. But then thats probably because Im not active in the arcade area at all. What is this game? Whats it about? Is it good? And is it free to anyone to download, or just those that have had problems?

BulletMagnet UK

zdarko43
01-18-2008, 07:58 PM
that does suck, but m$ isn't going to refund your money. the studio that developed the game also has people that work there and families that need to be fed.

besides, could you imagine? EVERY time a game became free / cheaper people would be requesting their money back / refunds.

just like buying a movie from best buy for 19.99, then 3 years from now are you going to bitch because its now 4.99? that's not fair man.

what about carcassonne or any other game that has become cheaper / free at one point in time?

Krueger
01-18-2008, 07:59 PM
I bought it to this sucks i really wish i didnt buy it i dont really like it

SegaSaturnSNK
01-18-2008, 08:07 PM
All right, as most of you know microsoft will be giving undertow out for free next wednesday because of live issues, and I've already bought the game about a month ago. So I call XBOX Support and ask for a refund and they tell me that the new free version will have special features the original full game did not have. Is this true or is it complete bullishit because I paid 800 MS points and now everyone is getting it for free. I'm never buying another arcade game again.

Thanks,

pissed off infradude

Thanks for telling me so I don't need to waste my time calling them lol. This is real sad though because I was really hoping they would give you 800 points if you already own the game. This is the biggest fucking bullshit I've ever heard. Hell, I might call them next wed. and see what they tell me. Man, what a bunch of jerkoffs. I'll continue to buy arcade games, I really don't mind at all.

infradude
01-18-2008, 08:09 PM
just like buying a movie from best buy for 19.99, then 3 years from now are you going to bitch because its now 4.99? that's not fair man.

Well lets see, the game hasnt been out for 3 years only like 2 months and now its free, not a decrease in the price. The game isn't bad I actually like it its just that shit like this always happen with microsoft. Why couldn't they just realease a new game that was free in the first place. And yes everyone that says that sucks I appreciate you guys making me feel better :p At least all my friends can play with me. Lookin at the bright side. At least im tryin

Yeah, sorry man, it kinda sucks for you... Is this game even good? Looks like it is a hard 200.

Its a pretty good game. The achievements are pretty hard some are fairly easy though. Now there will be an online community because there was none.

Minty
01-18-2008, 08:41 PM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news.php?id=623 ;)

Deyankees1
01-18-2008, 08:51 PM
Yup I always wanted this game, but I think you guys who did purchase are getting something just wait till wed maybe you called to early and the person you talked to didnt know what they were giving you. Just a thought.

SegaSaturnSNK
01-18-2008, 09:00 PM
Yup I always wanted this game, but I think you guys who did purchase are getting something just wait till wed maybe you called to early and the person you talked to didnt know what they were giving you. Just a thought.

That's what I was thinking but we'll see. But this is def. making M$ look bad.

Other than that, the game is ok. One game I regret buying on XBLA because the game does get old fast and I mean real fast.

Steed
01-18-2008, 09:13 PM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news.php?id=623 ;)

Haha, he will probably be really relieved when he sees that!:p

SegaSaturnSNK
01-18-2008, 09:18 PM
It's informed that at XBOX.com forums that some dude called and got his 800 points. If they bring up some bullshit on you, just tell them that it's on the major nelson site and etc. They should able to listen to you and all that.

So for anyone who called and got a bullshit excuse, go call again.

infradude
01-18-2008, 09:35 PM
I called a second time and they said they cant refund microsoft points.....:chair

zdarko43
01-18-2008, 09:38 PM
Well according to the news article:

Update! If you already own Undertow, you can call Xbox Support (1-800-4MY-XBOX in the US) and they will "take care of you".

i'm rather surprised that they are doing something for these customers, but i'm curious to finding out "what" they're going to be doing.

Bax x360a
01-18-2008, 09:49 PM
but i'm curious to finding out "what" they're going to be doing.
Giving them a nice back rub. I'm pretty chuffed that were getting Undertow for free, I haven't got this title so I'll be looking forward to playing it :)

InsaneWarriors
01-18-2008, 09:56 PM
i've played when come out the demo and i really don't like it :|

gatorbait
01-18-2008, 10:04 PM
The achievements do look very difficult but the demo was an enjoyable game. I remember hearing how this was one of the arcade titles to look out for and it really flew under the radar when it was released. It does suck for those who forked over the 800 points already, they should at least give those people alternatives since obviously not everyone hasn't already boughten this game.

III Curtis III
01-18-2008, 11:02 PM
unlucky mate if you phone them up again maybe you will get it changed now i normally play the "im going to change to the ps3" card when i want something done

infradude
01-18-2008, 11:19 PM
unlucky mate if you phone them up again maybe you will get it changed now i normally play the "im going to change to the ps3" card when i want something done

I don't want to be rude :p Im the nicest person in the world, even the admins think so. Don't wanna ruin my reputation

benbam87
01-18-2008, 11:30 PM
One Of my friends rang them up and is going to get his points back so maybe try again lol . Although I must say that I am looking forward to playing this for free. The demo was fairly cool

Zee
01-19-2008, 02:10 AM
that does suck, but m$ isn't going to refund your money. the studio that developed the game also has people that work there and families that need to be fed.

besides, could you imagine? EVERY time a game became free / cheaper people would be requesting their money back / refunds.

what about carcassonne or any other game that has become cheaper / free at one point in time?

This is different. This was a refund for live being down for about 3 weeks. So there basically saying we can't get the refund, because we already have the game they randomly picked.

that does suck, but m$ isn't going to refund your money. the studio that developed the game also has people that work there and families that need to be fed.I'm sure Microsoft paid them for the free games there giving out.
Or the game Devs had some kind of deal with Microsoft with it.

Kicks
01-19-2008, 02:26 AM
I've got a double whammy on this one. They still have my 360 at the repair center and I already own the game. They're already giving me a free copy of viva pinata since this is my 3rd 360 and since I just wasted to new accounts on the box for 30 day trials 2 days before it croaked. The ps3 card does work, but so does polite insistence. Don't let them push you around and always get escalated when you don't get the answer you like

Denny Crane
01-19-2008, 03:52 AM
I've got a double whammy on this one. They still have my 360 at the repair center and I already own the game. They're already giving me a free copy of viva pinata since this is my 3rd 360 and since I just wasted to new accounts on the box for 30 day trials 2 days before it croaked. The ps3 card does work, but so does polite insistence. Don't let them push you around and always get escalated when you don't get the answer you like
i thought they would give people who bought it a refund, but they get nothing. its not even good i played the demo and im not even gonna waste time downloading it...
and kicks they give you a free game for your third 360, im up to 2 lol... but viva pinata?? 2 me its a kids game, and i know people say that doesnt matter its still fun- guess what it does matter im not a 10 year old girl. heh they dont even give you anything remotely new so you could sell it for money... thx xbox!

artvandel4y
01-19-2008, 05:03 AM
That's what I was thinking but we'll see. But this is def. making M$ look bad.

Other than that, the game is ok. One game I regret buying on XBLA because the game does get old fast and I mean real fast.

Yeah, it gets frustrating and it is very simplistic. Sounds like I'm getting some more rock band DLC though.

avengerRPM
01-19-2008, 05:35 AM
I really don't understand why M$ didn't just figure out a way to push one button and credit every single Gold Live Account with 500 or 800 MS Points. It seems like that would be a much better "sorry" for all the screwy-ness over Christmas.

I understand why they wouldn't really do that though, they want this to only benefit a few of the people they say they want to. That would be nice to everyone.

Conker Rules All
01-19-2008, 08:12 AM
I really don't understand why M$ didn't just figure out a way to push one button and credit every single Gold Live Account with 500 or 800 MS Points. It seems like that would be a much better "sorry" for all the screwy-ness over Christmas.

I understand why they wouldn't really do that though, they want this to only benefit a few of the people they say they want to. That would be nice to everyone.

ya i know but i would've really wanted microsoft to give us like a credit where we can pick one free arcade game because me and my friend were going to get metal slug...

i used to be an arcade junkie because i would see people where they bought all the arcade games the played and had 200 in most of them and i have 27 arcade games and i barely play them lol....i've owned 3d mini golf for over 6 months and have 10 GS in it now that tells you how much i play arcade games :p

ThePumpkinKing
01-19-2008, 08:42 AM
I love arcade games.... They're a nice reminder of how much fun simplistic, old school games can be. Especially in the day and age of "next-gen" gaming.

But to stay on topic. These reps probably haven't received word of the situation yet. I've heard of people getting the refund. But I'd be willing to bet they connected to a human rep that understands the situation.... Instead of the usual robotic retards *cough*out-sourcing*cough* that can't say anything but what the scripted response cards tell them to.

Give it a few days and call back. Be polite and insistent. Get a supervisor on the line. I've done things that way since day one, and it's always gotten me what I wanted.

good luck.

PerpetualHeaven
01-19-2008, 01:51 PM
Frankly, no one would be happy with any arcade game they may have chosen. If they picked a new free one, then I'm sure 99% of the community would complete about how bad it is. It would have been nice if we were credited instead, but I bet they picked something like Undertow because most people already own it. It's just a smart business move that's all. Are any of you going to stop buying 360 products of this? No, and they know that.

eXyle
01-19-2008, 02:10 PM
True, I don't buy Arcades normally anyway..

Fabio360
01-20-2008, 03:55 AM
Frankly, no one would be happy with any arcade game they may have chosen. If they picked a new free one, then I'm sure 99% of the community would complete about how bad it is. It would have been nice if we were credited instead, but I bet they picked something like Undertow because most people already own it. It's just a smart business move that's all. Are any of you going to stop buying 360 products of this? No, and they know that.

Man I do think u've said it all... M$ is smart, why to credit everyone if they can credit just a few?? But if I had already bought the game I would insist for the refund cuz this game didn't became free because of time or anything, they are trying to compensate us for LIVE being so wonky theses days and now they are only compensating a few ones...

synister EFFECT
01-20-2008, 04:21 AM
The only thing I'm worried about is if my xbox will be fixed and at my house before next sunday. I called today and they're not done fixing it, and I sent it in on Dec 28th:eek:

Aspie Man
01-21-2008, 03:47 PM
I already own Undertow so I checked to see how they would "Take Care of Me!!!"
Just phoned up UK Customer Support (0800 587 1102) and talked to a lady there and she credited my account with 800 points. She asked me when I purchased it, which was the week it came out, (so I'm assuming if you buy it before Wednesday you won't get the points)
Quite pleased with the swiftness, took about 10 minutes

I can understand people being pissed off with this info because I now get to choose what game I want. They should of had a choice of three or four and then if you had all of those then credit.
A good choice of four would have been
Undertow
E4
Mad Tracks
Switchball

Something for a lot of tastes there, all 800MSP and I doubt a lot of people have all four

run ita charlie
01-22-2008, 08:37 AM
i don't even know what kind of game undertow is...but who cares....free things are always nice right?

goenitz96
01-22-2008, 09:03 AM
As it it say when you buy a game, you can never ask for refund. But if you already have the game, i think you could ask for another game for free. Try calling ms again, sometimes you talk to someone less stupid than others.....You just need luck.

SegaSaturnSNK
01-22-2008, 11:13 PM
Just called and got my 800 points, HOLLA AT ME! Lol, I'm in a good mood. Good thing I didn't call last week knowing those people would very wtf about the whole situation. Seems like they know what's going on so you people better call.

megadeth12691
01-22-2008, 11:37 PM
That sucks man, at least you didn't do the same for carcassone.

Ben Sharpe
01-22-2008, 11:43 PM
undertow sucks big time i really am annoyed that they are giving it as the arcade game i feel like phoning up and bluffing my way to a refund lol

SegaSaturnSNK
01-23-2008, 02:38 AM
undertow sucks big time i really am annoyed that they are giving it as the arcade game i feel like phoning up and bluffing my way to a refund lol

They check into your account if you bought the game or not. You can always try though. If the person says no, just be like your on meds lmao.

Hells Zargon
01-23-2008, 05:58 PM
Strange enough, Xbox Live was working fine for me during the Christmas period. Now however, as soon as they make this free coincidently, I can't even download anything from the Marketplace due to some random error. It's almost as if they dod it purposely...
Hope they sort it soon, before the Monday expiry at least.

Justicezero
01-23-2008, 06:38 PM

Well, atleast they are doing something. When I used to play World of Warcraft and they would have "Server Issues" we would just have to chill and that's a bit difficult/annoying when your raid time with your clan is scheduled for the time they are having login/server problems. They didn't do anything for us when they had all these problems except "Thanks for your patience" (As we continue to charge you monthly for this service) So be just be happy that MS didn't say "Thanks for your patience" and not give a crap about it.

And btw, with new subscribers getting on Xbox360 and then the outages occurring they are probably worried about first opinions people may have gotten from the outages and wanted to reverse those opinions.

itsmeFAMOUS
01-23-2008, 07:01 PM
is it out today for free or next wed?

Way Fast CBR
01-23-2008, 07:15 PM
its out today, and has anyone tryed calling to see if the people that have it can get a refund. i already have it, im gonna try calling later to see if i can get a refund.

infradude
01-23-2008, 07:18 PM
is it out today for free or next wed?

Yes it is free today :mad:

Justicezero
01-23-2008, 07:18 PM
its out today, and has anyone tryed calling to see if the people that have it can get a refund. i already have it, im gonna try calling later to see if i can get a refund.

people in this thread have said they have called and since they bought Undertow before the announcement (when it first came out) their accounts got credited. If you bought it before u heard it was going to be for free, i'm assuming you call and they check your account and credit you the 800ms points.

itsmeFAMOUS
01-23-2008, 07:23 PM
:rock i like free games

Way Fast CBR
01-23-2008, 07:24 PM
people in this thread have said they have called and since they bought Undertow before the announcement (when it first came out) their accounts got credited. If you bought it before u heard it was going to be for free, i'm assuming you call and they check your account and credit you the 800ms points.

i got it almost a month ago. i tryed calling last week when the anocement was made about it being free and they told me they dont know anything about it, guess i have to try calling them again.

infradude
01-23-2008, 07:26 PM
i got it almost a month ago. i tryed calling last week when the anocement was made about it being free and they told me they dont know anything about it, guess i have to try calling them again.

Is it too late to call? I would think that as soon as the realease the free version they aren't going to start refunding them money? Or is it just me.

Schloob
01-23-2008, 08:12 PM
Just call them up and yes they will take care of you. Took about 15 minutes, but sure enough I had 800 points added to my balance since I already owned the game. Make sure you are online as they actually asked me to confirm that my point total went up as I was on the phone.

Now I just have to wait until they put out Bionic Commando so I can spend my refund points:)

ThunderStorm101
01-23-2008, 08:39 PM
Why must they give the shit games away for free lol :(

Kwyjibo3637
01-23-2008, 08:42 PM
I'm just worried that they wont give it to me because I share the 360 with my brother, and we both have our own live accounts and he is the one who actually bought the game..but it wouldn't do me any good to download it again..since it wouldnt do anything.

Way Fast CBR
01-23-2008, 08:50 PM
Just call them up and yes they will take care of you. Took about 15 minutes, but sure enough I had 800 points added to my balance since I already owned the game. Make sure you are online as they actually asked me to confirm that my point total went up as I was on the phone.

Now I just have to wait until they put out Bionic Commando so I can spend my refund points:)

great, im gonna give them a call in a few minutes and see what happens.

Anothersociety
01-23-2008, 08:58 PM
Its a bad refund for all the issues and waiting in lobbys to start games in cod4 and all other games......

SegaSaturnSNK
01-23-2008, 11:00 PM
Seems like no one read my post. GO CALL NOW! I called yesterday and got my 800 points.

MrDudeMan
01-23-2008, 11:31 PM
Its free now? I just bought it, like three days ago. What a load of shit.

infradude
01-24-2008, 12:20 AM

lol your not the only one pissed. Welcome to the pissed off undertow club.

xENVxGAMERSKREW
01-24-2008, 01:23 AM
That sucks dude... i regret buying a couple arcade games never play them... so i never bought anyother.. its really pointless since im playing gears, halo, cod, etc... the arcade games arent that good just for the gamer that has cash to spend on some arcade games for higher score... but id rather rent a retail game and get 1k over a 200 any day... (plus dont have that much money to toss around)

SegaSaturnSNK
01-24-2008, 02:56 AM

They've announced this being free since last week. Where have you been man? lol

Way Fast CBR
01-24-2008, 04:39 AM
They've announced this being free since last week. Where have you been man? lol

i think he is shit out of luck on getting a refund. i just called and got my refund. it only took like 12 minutes. just go to accounts and billing when you call and explain to them that you purchased undertow before it was announced that it would be free, theyll ask some simple questions and give you your refund.

Fly
01-24-2008, 02:41 PM
I hafta say that this game is pure crap, I expected much more since it was said to be gooood.

SegaSaturnSNK
01-24-2008, 03:39 PM
i think he is shit out of luck on getting a refund. i just called and got my refund. it only took like 12 minutes. just go to accounts and billing when you call and explain to them that you purchased undertow before it was announced that it would be free, theyll ask some simple questions and give you your refund.

Obviously, you can only get the refund if you got the game when it first came out or at least before the whole announcement thing that went out last week about the game being free this week.

nbStryker
01-25-2008, 05:46 AM
Happy to get this game for free....though XBL kinda glitched a couple times before it let me download this.