PDA

View Full Version : Live Arcade And It's Rights....

Halimbo2005
01-18-2008, 11:36 PM
So I often sit around wondering what classics the Arcade will muster up, months and months ago i was drooling at the prospect of the Sonic's, Golden Axe, Fatal Fury, Metal Slug and the like...

So I was thinking instead of wasting time hoping that some other kind of classic will arrive...my question is.

What companies and things of that sort do Microsoft have a right to use with their development.

for example i know that Microsoft can use Rare and Sega games atm.

anybody?

Zee
01-19-2008, 02:18 AM
Are you saying what games can be remade for the arcade? Any of them can. Microsoft doesn't make the ports, the game companies do and sell them on the arcade.

Darth Heyburt
01-20-2008, 02:49 PM
I think what he is getting at is... Microsoft have SEGA and RARE under their thumb per se... and all it should take for them to port something is a quick wave of the chequebook...But are there any other companies which Microsoft have any sway over?

zlionsfan
01-23-2008, 09:57 PM
It doesn't have to be Microsoft themselves. For example, Digital Eclipse seems to have acquired rights to the classic Atari and Williams games, so if there are any games from the '80s for which there aren't yet half-ass ports with stupid graphics and non-saving in-game leaderboards, I'm sure we'll see them eventually. (We do NOT need Evolved mode. Ever. No one cares to see a fancy Battlezone, for example. People play Battlezone to play the classic game. If you want a real 3D tank game, make one. Battlezone with fancied-up graphics would look stupid.)

Dragonfire 360
01-24-2008, 11:06 AM
We're most likely stuck with...

Sega
Rare
Konami
And all the other indie developers from the arcade games..

I'm not complaining, though. It's working so far.

megadeth12691
01-26-2008, 06:10 PM
sounds like a load from microsoft like usual...