PDA

View Full Version : There are currently 11 stickies.

Augustus
01-20-2008, 12:56 AM
I know I'm new and shouldn't say anything for a month, but is there a way some of these could be cut?

The Pants Party
01-20-2008, 12:59 AM
Not sure why you "shouldn't say anything for a month" but they were stuck for a reason...

Bodangles
01-20-2008, 01:01 AM
You can say anything whenever you want ;). Although that may seem like a lot of stickies, each one is useful and sticky material. I don't feel as if any of them need to be cut. Unachieveable Achievements, the Quick Game Threads, and Upcoming Games are all useful to members or guests of the site. The only one I would even think about cutting would be Video Achievement Guides, because we seem to be lacking, but I see a new trend coming :). Now if you want to see some stickies, go to the FAQ forum. That is a lot of stickies. Welcome, and keep posting!:drunk

The Pants Party
01-20-2008, 01:03 AM
Video Achievement Guides, but I see a new trend coming :).

Funny you mention that, because I just bought all the stuff I need to start capturing video after work today.

Bodangles
01-20-2008, 01:06 AM
Funny you mention that, because I just bought all the stuff I need to start capturing video after work today.

Funny you should mention that I mentioned that because I am currently waiting on my supplies to come in to record my Achievement Guide. How ever will I compete with Teh Party in teh Pants??

Bax x360a
01-20-2008, 01:09 AM
Why are you concerned that there is 11 stickies? Surely the amount dosen't affect you in anyway at all.

Augustus
01-20-2008, 02:23 AM
Why are you concerned that there is 11 stickies? Surely the amount dosen't affect you in anyway at all.
It's just that it keeps potentially valuable threads off of the first page and more likely to die. I'm not saying that they're all worthless, I'm just saying there's a way to go without having 11 stickies. You could certainly just create a master thread that has links to all the stickied ones that would save space while still keeping them on the first page, albeit indirectly.

The Pants Party
01-20-2008, 03:48 AM
If you have something you are looking for, use the search function, you'll find it. You mention keeping "valuable" threads on the first page... that's exactly what we did... by sticking them.

Sanction
01-20-2008, 03:52 AM
Pants, mind doing an NCAA 07 VAG? :p

And kind of ironic you want more room for the 'important' threads when those are, indeed, the stickies. :p

Augustus
01-20-2008, 03:56 AM
Valuable maybe wasn't the best word to convey what I wanted in your language. Substitute it with interesting.

synister EFFECT
01-20-2008, 04:11 AM
Well, I can see where you're coming from, but the stickied threads can be interesting too:p. Also, its not like they didnt sticky those for no reason. They stickied those because they are the threads that always need to be seen, and are always having new posts on them.

JesusBread
01-20-2008, 04:22 AM
Here's a suggestion. Lets make a sticky that has the links to all these "stickies." Move the current stickies to a special forum.

Ryot Control
01-20-2008, 04:29 AM
You know in the end, members have problems using the stickies anyway. The search function even less so. :(

Not to be a negative nancy, but as great an idea a sticky compilation forum would be, it wouldn't be utilized by the members very well.

Bodangles
01-20-2008, 04:29 AM
Or not. I never thought I would see the day people would complain about Stickies! There's clutter and then there are stickies. Find a thread with more views than our stickies and maybe that one will get some recognition, otherwise I suggest dropping it.

PerpetualHeaven
01-20-2008, 04:44 AM
What about merging the Quick 1000 with the quick 200s, and merging the Tough 200s with the Tough 1000s? I'm sure we'll unsticky the new improved upcoming games list. That thing is dirt old. 2006 old. I'll have to message Webb to see if I can unsticky it. Hopefully, once I get my capture card and we have people start making a lot of VGAs, then we can unsticky that thread and HOPEFULLY have a sub forum it OR something.

Bodangles
01-20-2008, 04:47 AM
What about merging the Quick 1000 with the quick 200s, and merging the Tough 200s with the Tough 1000s? I'm sure we'll unsticky the new improved upcoming games list. That thing is dirt old. 2006 old. I'll have to message Webb to see if I can unsticky it. Hopefully, once I get my capture card and we have people start making a lot of VGAs, then we can unsticky that thread and HOPEFULLY have a sub forum it OR something.

Meh. The Upcomers can be unstickied, but enough people don't look at the first post as it is, and merging them will be messy. I say keep those. I do like the VaG Potential Idea, though. I still think it is a pointless argument to link stickies. Really, really pointless.

PerpetualHeaven
01-20-2008, 05:06 AM
Meh. The Upcomers can be unstickied, but enough people don't look at the first post as it is, and merging them will be messy. I say keep those. I do like the VaG Potential Idea, though. I still think it is a pointless argument to link stickies. Really, really pointless.

I didn't mean I would use the merge function. That would suck. Instead, what I meant was move the content from one thread and put it into the other. After that, I would rename the threads.

Bodangles
01-20-2008, 05:15 AM
Alright. Let's break this down, so us that aren't teh 1337 mod can get it :)

Quick 1000s and Tough 1000s becomes Quick / Tough 1000s
Quick 200s and Tough 200s becomes Quick / Tough 200s

???

Actually, I don't know the powers of mister moderat0r so I'll shut up now.

PerpetualHeaven
01-20-2008, 05:33 AM
Forget it. :p I'll just leave it how it is now.