PDA

View Full Version : Battle of Caen: Tiger: Infilitrate the German HQ

aceylone777
01-21-2008, 12:16 AM
Ok, I saw all the Caen threads, or I think so. So if I missed the thread that deals with this part, I'd appreciate a link. If not, ok. On Tiger of Battle of Caen, I'm stuck on the part where you have to infilitrate the German HQ (Objective F, I think), and Cpt Price tells you to flank. Everytime I go to that side to the right, it takes all my frags and a smoke to get to the house. Whenever I make it, I get slaughtered inside because I always die whilst reloading. I made it to the house a couple of times from the front, but died before I could frag away. Is there a checkpoint I'm missing somewhere or something? :confused::mad::uzi:

RiteNowRiteNow
01-21-2008, 12:53 AM
Dude, I'm having the same problem, but I can get to the house without using up all my frags and smoke, here's what I've done so far:

After I nail the dude in the house, and those 2 dudes to the right from the entrance, one of them has frags, so I grab them. Then you have to be a little patient and let your teammates get over to that flank. I use the Sten because of the minimal recoil when shooting and this part does take a little patience as well. Stay low, try to throw 2 of the frags towards your left (the front of the HQ) just to keep the Krauts numbers down. I post up on the far right in the bushes so I can see the back of the HQ. Shoot anyone who shows themselves.

When it's clear, I book it for the building. Just the side of it, don't try to go inside yet. My 2nd weapon is an MP44 and I switch to it before I book for the HQ. Stay on the sides and try to pick off who you can. I've found that letting your teammates get the front while you take the back is the best bet. Keep an eye on your radar to make sure they're doing just that. Stay patient, shoot anyone that comes out the back door, after awhile the heat will slow down, go through the downstairs and make sure no one is there, if no one is there the very first guy will pop out from the top of the stairs, nail him. The best place to post up is at the bottom of the stairs all the way against the wall looking up them. But DO keep an eye out to your left and right for stragglers.

Now this is where I've fumbled this part myself...

I believe there's one guy in the room directly to the right at the top of the stairs and two more to the left of the railing. I try to frag the room and frag the top of the stairs, and I know I've killed 3 guys there, and when I was about to kill the 4th, the 5th nailed me. This has happened more times than I'd like to count.

I spent two hours on this part two nights ago and for the life of me couldn't pass it.

aceylone777
01-21-2008, 02:27 AM
I found it. Oh my God, finally. When he tells you to go go go, don't flank off to the right. You do need to kill those ahead of you...and you need to go prone while going straight, since the fence has holes. You're screwed over to the right; instead, go for the building dead straight ahead, left of the HQ. There is a checkpoint in there, and it ends the inf spawn. Hallelujah!!

MR_GM
01-25-2008, 06:27 AM
I went to the building to the left to get the checkpoint, and then stormed it from there. Took a while, but thanks for the checkpoint tip aceylone777.

IMP4C7
04-03-2008, 08:51 PM
WOW. Thank you so much for the heads up on this! That checkpoint saved my life and the life of my controller. lol No but seriously, any other infinite spawn spots that you know of a checkpoint that will clear it, let me know because that would save me a lot of stress and money.

Neomop
04-09-2008, 03:30 PM
I actually found this part to be quite easy. I didn't have to use a frag/smoke to get to the house, I just moved up bit by bit using every piece of cover I could find, then going prone. Once I got to the house, I made sure I cleared the perimeter of the house, then I stood outside the doorway and killed all the enemies that walked out. Fragged inside, went in slowly and waited for my team to advance.

Tyrant100
04-12-2008, 09:46 PM
Great helpful tip man! Made it ten times easier lol.

workbench
04-16-2008, 12:36 PM
any suggestions how to get in the church just prior to the hq??

Tyrant100
04-16-2008, 07:38 PM
Go left, there's a door and 2 man will come out. Throw some grenades through that door and 1 smoke!, save some, then walk all the way to the back. You can enter the church through that window (first shoot the jerry). Than wait for your Allies.

greatREDvinny
04-17-2008, 04:13 AM
It is all about clearing out the building to the left first. Once you do that you have a checkpoint and you don't have anyone shooting you from the side which makes it a lot easier to cover. This path really helps when you are playing on Veteran.

workbench
04-17-2008, 04:17 PM
It is all about clearing out the building to the left first. Once you do that you have a checkpoint and you don't have anyone shooting you from the side which makes it a lot easier to cover. This path really helps when you are playing on Veteran.

i asked how to get in teh church, not the hq.

Go left, there's a door and 2 man will come out. Throw some grenades through that door and 1 smoke!, save some, then walk all the way to the back. You can enter the church through that window (first shoot the jerry). Than wait for your Allies.thanx will try

EDIT: all done, my was it hard... the spawns are unpredictable. specially round the hq.

knockton55
04-18-2008, 04:45 PM
Oh My God i hated this part so much, it took me 3 days, and i didnt even realise you could get a checkpoint I did it without it. The enemies must of came out of that door countless times, then my men and myself moved up to the house, shot everyone who came out and luckily i managed to somehow trick the jerry's into running downstairs.

That was probably the hardest level i've done

its delicious
05-08-2008, 04:38 AM
The most difficult part of storming the HQ I had was trying to figure out how many troops were on the second floor. Those few soldiers made for an awful hassle. I counted at least 5, but all I could do was throw grenades and listen for screaming. It's an awkward staircase, and there's one guy that you can't kill from the first floor.

kovenant
06-17-2008, 12:51 AM
well this sucks. i cleared the house to the side and got no checkpoint! i can make it to the house most every time now and i always manage to clear it by throwing frags upstairs and shooting people against the railing from the bottom floor. but i search the entire house and its clear and still no checkpoint. what gives?

kovenant
06-17-2008, 09:03 PM
well nevermind. i tried it again today and finally got the checkpoint everybody's been talking about. 20 minutes later i had the rest of the stage beaten. off to hill 400!!! yayyy.

Kyanite
08-09-2008, 08:47 PM
Awesome. I took the small house behind the HQ and got the checkpoint. Now I just need to actually take the HQ! It seems that there is always one more German coming from the left or right. It's either that or the British troops are far away and therefore more useless than usual.

Maximus 1482
08-21-2010, 08:32 PM
what an absolute complete NIGHTMARE of a mission. That german hq was impossible. Without this tip on the checkpoint the the game would have been broken and in the trash. Thanks big time. Now for the rest of this bitch of a game.

Ante79
01-04-2011, 02:28 AM
Thanks alot with the checkpoint tip, gonna try it tomorrow. I spent hours trying to clear this area, wanted to put the game in the trash too :D Prolly one of the harder part of the game on veteran.

Sh4d0w5h1ft3r
01-15-2011, 09:29 PM
I've been stuck on that one area for quite some time now. I've been flanking to the RIGHT instead of the left... and I'm getting the infinite German spawn and I'm always getting mowed down like nothing. :(
BUT, with this new tip of going to the LEFT instead, I may actually be able to beat this level and move on! :D
I am finding Veteran mode difficult only to the fact of the infinite spawns. It's hard when you have to get into a building filled with Germans to stop them from spawning more... but, I'm sticking with this game until I get my full 1000g. It's really easy to just rage quit and forget about the game, but I've picked it up again and determined to get it done this time. ;)

Ante79
01-17-2011, 04:57 PM
Going left helped alot, I messed it up a bit though.

I had one other part left (the mortar) so I went back and completed it and got a new checkpoint so everytime time I had to retry clearing the house I had to run from the mortar, bit annoying but managed it in the end.

All completed now :) Hardest parts was imo Caen and beginning of D-day.

Sh4d0w5h1ft3r
01-19-2011, 08:31 PM
I finally got past this using the "go to the left" tip. It made it alot easier. I just finished Hill 400, and now I have the final mission for Crossing the ... river... or whatever it's called... I forgot the exact name. ANYWAY... I wanted to say thanks for the tips. It really made a huge differance. I enjoyed this game, even though it got very frustrating with all the gernade spam the Germans liked to do. :mad:

Oh well. Only one more mission to go! :p

fatdaddy21
02-12-2011, 08:02 AM
This is driving me nuts. I'm trying to take over the German HQ and I have 1 point left after this (point A). I can get the HQ by going to the right and around the back. After HQ is cleared, I don't get a checkpoint on my way to A. I tried going over the the small 'left-side' house to pick up the checkpoint there, but get nothing. Don't get one at the A building either.

Sir STRESSHEaD
09-18-2011, 10:33 AM
I sure hope this "Go left" strategy works... been stuck on this bastard of a mission for about two years. I've always gone around the right flank. I could get to the back door every time but would always get killed trying to clear upstairs! Now every time I revisit this game my patience only endures 5 mins before having to turn it off.

I am gonna give it another go this afternoon. PLEASE let this be it!

Morgan Everett
09-19-2011, 12:18 AM
I sure hope this "Go left" strategy works... been stuck on this bastard of a mission for about two years. I've always gone around the right flank. I could get to the back door every time but would always get killed trying to clear upstairs! Now every time I revisit this game my patience only endures 5 mins before having to turn it off.

I am gonna give it another go this afternoon. PLEASE let this be it!

Going left worked for me.

BillyTallent
10-11-2011, 12:36 AM
Man this gave me a headache, literally and figuratively. But thank you thank you thank you for the tip of going to the house on the left. I had tried it once before I read this post and could have stumbled upon it, but until now didn't think it was a worthy objective.

A thousand thank yous

Ehrenfried
10-12-2011, 11:25 PM
OH COME ON!
Why do i read this now AFTER i died a thousand times on this part? *damn*
I managed to get it with the flank thing, that was really hardcore.

N00delsuppe
08-07-2013, 09:04 PM
Thank you so much! I didn't even think of going through the house on the left before I read this thread! It worked VERY well! I was so frustrated before that, because my comrades turned out to be so useless at this part...
Cheers for that helpfull hint! :drunk