PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Else think.....

mlodoss
01-21-2008, 07:24 AM
That this game is not worth 800 points?

It says the game is in "High Definition, but I seriously doubt that....they could have implemented some better versions of this game into Xbox Live...

Such as:

http://www.doomsdayhq.com (http://www.doomsdayhq.com/)

Now, I know that this is a mod made by someone to make the game look more 3d, but perhaps they could have paid the makers of it money to use it on Xbox Live.

HoodMod
01-21-2008, 08:30 AM
Who wants the game to look good? Everyone I know would rather it looked like good old classic Doom, one of the first FPS's ever, and still one of the best. I think it's worth 800, when I bought it I believe it cost 1000 and I was more then happy to pay that much.

xxYamiBakuraxx
01-22-2008, 06:08 AM
Yeah its worth the 800 points. The game is presented in HD 1080i-It says it right there in plain site that its supported in that View. I played the game in both a Standard Analog Television and on an LCD HDTV in 1080i . There's really no difference just the edges of the game looks smoother. I dont know what you were expecting from the game when you metioned the fact whether or not the game is actually supported in 1080i HD (seeing as you dont even have an HD from the looks of it) but you cant knock something if you haven't tried it. The Co-Op is a good feature, love the Deathmatch and Single Player Campaign. Nightmare is Great and never gets old. Having something that's considered a Classic should NEVER be changed and should be kept as original as possible.

mlodoss
01-22-2008, 06:45 AM
Yeah its worth the 800 points. The game is presented in HD 1080i-It says it right there in plain site that its supported in that View. I played the game in both a Standard Analog Television and on an LCD HDTV in 1080i . There's really no difference just the edges of the game looks smoother. I dont know what you were expecting from the game when you metioned the fact whether or not the game is actually supported in 1080i HD (seeing as you dont even have an HD from the looks of it) but you cant knock something if you haven't tried it. The Co-Op is a good feature, love the Deathmatch and Single Player Campaign. Nightmare is Great and never gets old. Having something that's considered a Classic should NEVER be changed and should be kept as original as possible.

Honestly, the Co-Op and the Deathmatch would be great.....if there was ever anybody on to play it....

And then everybody cries because I am a rocket whore and I like to use the most powerful weapon (which makes sense in Deathmatch)

HoodMod
01-22-2008, 06:57 AM
Honestly, the Co-Op and the Deathmatch would be great.....if there was ever anybody on to play it....

And then everybody cries because I am a rocket whore and I like to use the most powerful weapon (which makes sense in Deathmatch)

FR me. I'm always looking for that 100 kill achievement. I'll go for it legit, basically just need someone to play it with. So ya FR me and message me when ya wanna play some online matches.

xxYamiBakuraxx
02-01-2008, 10:23 PM

Yeah nubs cry and send back bad feedback every time on the game but Im not a nub and i seriously doubt u can even kill me more than once, if even.-lol . Too bad i got the red ring of death so i wont be playing any games for a while...:( try to play Ekudeht or VideoDave-the only people who CAN actually kill me. they're usually on the game and they're on right now.:p
I wonder if its ok to make a new post regarding 1 vs. 1 deathmatch challenges as to where members of this site can challenge (or take challenges) other members onto a 1 vs. 1 match or not (just keeping this strictly achievement posts only)?

Quiet Killda 102
02-06-2008, 04:18 PM
yea its worth the 800 points

DocRevolt
02-07-2008, 02:41 AM
So far, this game really has been worth the 800 points. It's a great classic, and really fun to play through. In fact I LIKE the old graphical style over the improved 3D style. It just seems to retain the old-school style that much more.

Single player is a blast, the achievements are well earned and spread out nicely, and deathmatch is enjoyable (when people are on at least). So yeah, overall, it's been worth it.

DaveWilma07
02-07-2008, 02:30 PM
I also think its worth the 800 points. In my opinion Doom never gets old. I was hoping they were going to bring out Doom 2 to Xbox Live Arcade soon after they released Doom but nothing yet. I did hear rumors about Final Doom however...

Dysitis
02-08-2008, 05:08 AM
Whadya know? It's yami! Word on the street is you're the best at deathmatch.

http://forums.xbox.com/18029744/ShowPost.aspx

xxYamiBakuraxx
02-11-2008, 12:36 PM
Whadya know? It's yami! Word on the street is you're the best at deathmatch.

http://forums.xbox.com/18029744/ShowPost.aspx
Yes I am. :uzi: :eek:

Zee
02-12-2008, 11:14 AM
Considering the games was released as free ware, it should have been ... well free. Not to mention Doom 1 , 2 , and final doom were re-released on the PC in a collector edition for 10 bucks (the same price as the Arcade version). It also came with some wall papers and videos for doom 3 ( This was before Doom 3 was out). Not to mention the mods and the map maker on the PC version. So basically ripped you guys off charging 10 bucks for it, and yes theres online play in the PC version.

It may be worth the price if thats the only way you can play doom, but its still a rip off.

Ekudeht
02-12-2008, 01:40 PM
Yes I am. :uzi: :eek:

I may have something to say to that.;)

xxYamiBakuraxx
02-16-2008, 01:50 AM
We'll see. :P

vmu
02-23-2008, 04:03 AM
You 2, arguing in forums now? i honestly think ekudeht is better, i can't kill him as much :(, dont forget ive killed you yami, in 1 v 1 >)

ASTROBL4ACK
02-23-2008, 03:44 PM
Even though it's quite old, I have no doubt that this is one of the most complex campaigns I have ever experienced in a shooter.

xxYamiBakuraxx
03-05-2008, 11:33 PM
You 2, arguing in forums now? i honestly think ekudeht is better, i can't kill him as much :(, dont forget ive killed you yami, in 1 v 1 >)
forget what? I dont remember u killing me at all 1 vs. 1, in a free for all, yes, but a 1 vs. 1? -you've played with Ekudeht more than u played me. And arguing? This guy is the only guy that is really on par with me (& VideoDave) when it comes to this game and we play each other all the time whenever we're on the game. Of course me and him always go at it but it's just a friendly reference, not an arguement. (as how we both feel) we toy with our opponents before we get tired of that and destroy them.:p
:uzi::eek:

vmu
03-06-2008, 03:02 AM
ya i know, it was in a joke tone, i know you two are great friends, maybe if i played more i could play against him better, there was a time in my prime (4 months ago) i was beating ekudeht, he remembers.... :), but i stopped playing doom to get some achievement points in other games, i kind of regret it :(

vmu
03-06-2008, 03:05 AM
forget what? I dont remember u killing me at all 1 vs. 1, in a free for all, yes, but a 1 vs. 1? -you've played with Ekudeht more than u played me. And arguing? This guy is the only guy that is really on par with me (& VideoDave) when it comes to this game and we play each other all the time whenever we're on the game. Of course me and him always go at it but it's just a friendly reference, not an arguement. (as how we both feel) we toy with our opponents before we get tired of that and destroy them.:p
:uzi::eek:

you may be right, but i have killed ekudeht in 1v1, a fair share actually, if you honestly care just ask him aboot it.

Ekudeht
03-07-2008, 07:34 PM
Yes you've beaten me in 1 v 1 matches before though it's been a while. It just depends on the map and the circumstances. I'm sure you could beat yami and videodave as well it's just that I've played you dozens of times of a variety of maps and they haven't (we use to play each other all the time).

Also your prime wasn't 4 months ago...it was actually a lot longer since then (videodave wasn't even on my friends list when the two of us started playing and you were in your prime) - also when you were in your prime back then I was still fairly new to doom deathmatch and didn't even have a basic strategy for each map.;-) Once I started playing more and learning the tricks you're win/loss ratio plummeted.:-D

As for killing me your fair share - when you've played against someone as much as we have you're bound to know most of my tricks.;-) Play against yami 70 or 80 times and you'll see the same result.;-)

vmu
03-08-2008, 05:00 AM
i could beat them, i just need to be more dedicated and get a new controller (mine leans to the left automatically making aiming difficult) once i hit 40000 gs ill make doom my bitch again >)

jEnNz4
03-13-2008, 06:20 PM

It says the game is in "High Definition, but I seriously doubt that....they could have implemented some better versions of this game into Xbox Live...

Such as:

Now, I know that this is a mod made by someone to make the game look more 3d, but perhaps they could have paid the makers of it money to use it on Xbox Live.

This game is totally worth the 800. It is great because it is the classic Doom I remember playing back in the day. Best xbox live arcade game I think.

Immortal Lament
03-24-2008, 11:13 PM
Just so everyone knows.. They dropped it to 400 MS points! YAY! :woop:

newbsicle
03-25-2008, 12:00 PM
It would have been nice to have both the updated mod version and the classic version together for the same price. Perhaps this will be done when doom2 is released on xbla. And for the record any price we pay seems steep considering doom was freeware for a number of years.

Downloki
06-02-2008, 10:43 PM

Such as:

Maybe this sounds weird but the pics in that link look very ugly compared to the original, that is like a complete different game. i personally don`t think its a good idea to remake old games with new graphics. i hate the way the classic prince of persia looks on xla. just give me the old pixelated guy in the white suit any day

mjc0961
08-04-2008, 01:53 PM
It would have been nice to have both the updated mod version and the classic version together for the same price. Perhaps this will be done when doom2 is released on xbla. And for the record any price we pay seems steep considering doom was freeware for a number of years.
Doom wasn't freeware. You could get the first episode free, but had to pay if you wanted the other two (three when Ultimate Doom was released).

em0rox
08-04-2008, 02:45 PM
To be honest, if you actually have to ask if the game is worth it maybe you'd be better off spending your points on something else...

mjc0961
08-04-2008, 03:41 PM
Or at least try the demo. But it was worth 800 points back then. Now it's only 400 and definitely worth every last one.

Donkeythebard
08-04-2008, 07:06 PM
When is it never fun to shot things?

Dysitis
08-04-2008, 10:00 PM
Or at least try the demo. But it was worth 800 points back then. Now it's only 400 and definitely worth every last one.

The demo for this game sucks. Since it's only the first level you only really use your pistol on lower difficulties and your shotgun on the higher ones. You don't get to see what weapons the game has to offer. You also don't get to see any of the tougher enemies. Furthermore, the first level is really small and can be completed really fast even by someone who has never played it before. The demo turns away a lot of people who may have otherwise bought the game if they could see what it actually has to offer. The demo should have been all of episode 1 imo(or at least the first 3 levels).

mjc0961
08-05-2008, 03:59 PM
Oh. I bought it in the first level. I figured it was a bit longer, though. Meh. Bad move on whoever was in charge of the demo's part.

em0rox
08-05-2008, 06:12 PM
I do admit that they should have chosen a different level for the demo or made it longer for younger people. Most people who bought the game though have already played it many times in the past and knew what to expect. Even if they never actually played it most people have at least heard of Doom, it's one of the most well known and popular games ever sold so it really didn't even need a demo at all if you ask me.

DJbruce
08-05-2008, 06:14 PM
Or at least try the demo. But it was worth 800 points back then. Now it's only 400 and definitely worth every last one. Yeah I picked this up for 400 and its alright. Would have paid 800.

mjc0961
08-06-2008, 12:03 PM
Even if they never actually played it most people have at least heard of Doom, it's one of the most well known and popular games ever sold so it really didn't even need a demo at all if you ask me.
There should always be a demo so people can get a feel for what they'd be buying, even for something as timeless as Doom. As long as it's a decent demo. Not the first level. -_-

em0rox
08-06-2008, 12:17 PM
Good to know, I still stand by what I said... If you actually took the time to pay attention to what you "read" instead of just looking for something to respond to so you can raise your post count you'd notice the very first thing I said was "I agree the demo should have been better". (not exact words but the meaning is still the same....)

"I do admit that they should have chosen a different level for the demo or made it longer for younger people." <--- very first line.... Strange you left that line out of the "quote"... I always thought when you quote someone it should be their exact words, not what you want it to say.... hmmm.

Games that have a "fan following" hardly ever get demos anyway, companies figure fans of the series will buy the game if there is a demo or not and they count on that to cover costs and make money, so they don't care if there is a demo to attract new players or not. Just look at popular series... Halo 3, Call of Duty 4, Orange Box, Soul Calibur 4, Grand Theft Auto 4.... Any of those have a demo? They don't need one because the name alone will sell enough to cover any development/marketing cost + make enough money to justify releasing the game. With a release like a Doom port for 360 it's almost like free money... I have nothing more to say, your honor....

Dysitis
08-07-2008, 06:34 AM
Doom isn't nearly as popular as Halo 3 or any of those other games. I don't think that's a very fair comparison. I can speak from personal experience that this game could have sold way more with a better demo. I've tried to get a few of my friends into the game and they tried the demo and passed the game off as lame. The game is old and lots of gamers today are too young to have played Doom in its prime. They know the name of course and know it used to be the biggest game around so they check out the demo and are turned off by it. I think it would have sold way more with a proper demo, but that's just me.

mjc0961
08-07-2008, 03:05 PM
Good to know, I still stand by what I said... If you actually took the time to pay attention to what you "read" instead of just looking for something to respond to so you can raise your post count you'd notice the very first thing I said was "I agree the demo should have been better". (not exact words but the meaning is still the same....)

"I do admit that they should have chosen a different level for the demo or made it longer for younger people." <--- very first line.... Strange you left that line out of the "quote"... I always thought when you quote someone it should be their exact words, not what you want it to say.... hmmm.
I was only responding to one part of the post. You said there is no need for a demo in the first place, going beyond the original point that the demo they offered should have been better. I merely disagreed with that statement, which is why that's the only part I quoted. If I had something to say regarding that the demo should have been better other than agreeing, I would have quoted that too. But I guess a simple concept like that is hard to grasp for someone who practices virtual tea-bagging.

Dysitis
08-07-2008, 11:51 PM
Uh oh! I smell a fight coming!

VeNGeD
08-07-2008, 11:56 PM
DOOM is the my fav arcade game yet and couldnt be better...

mjc0961
08-09-2008, 02:44 PM
Uh oh! I smell a fight coming!

Nah. I have nothing further to say on the subject. If em0rox can't handle a simple disagreement, that's his or her own problem.

Bergashnurga
08-23-2008, 07:03 AM
I think it shoulda been 400 pts because while it's a classic and whatnot and it has a decent campaign it doesn't feel like the game i look forward to playing every day when i get home. i love doom, it's not worth 800 pts.

the blac plague
08-29-2008, 03:44 AM
Hell yea it's worth 800 points. It's one of the best xbla titles. And I personally like it better with the original graphics.