PDA

View Full Version : Pain

Bax x360a
01-21-2008, 02:24 PM
Seems to be on the US Platstation Store but not the U.K store, whats the deal? Anybody know the release date for this, and also the skydiving gam,e coming out? Both look awesome, can't wait to play them.

twelve
01-21-2008, 02:45 PM
No idea. Usually things on the US store come out the following week on the UK store. But pain hasn't come out yet, I really want it.

Also another difference is Super Stardust HD, there's no demo on the UK store but is on the US store. So if you're not too sure about it then you can try it out with the US demo.

Bax x360a
01-21-2008, 05:18 PM
No idea. Usually things on the US store come out the following week on the UK store. But pain hasn't come out yet, I really want it.

Also another difference is Super Stardust HD, there's no demo on the UK store but is on the US store. So if you're not too sure about it then you can try it out with the US demo.
Yeah there is, I tried it out last night! The rip-off of Geometery Wars, good game though. I could of sworn there was loads of PSN games to download but in the PSN store theres only around 10 of them :confused:

jaferris
01-22-2008, 03:11 AM
there more ps1 and psp games but the uk store empty compared to the us and jap stores damn lisencing issues lol

PerpetualHeaven
01-22-2008, 04:01 AM
Yeah there is, I tried it out last night! The rip-off of Geometery Wars, good game though. I could of sworn there was loads of PSN games to download but in the PSN store theres only around 10 of them :confused:

There should be a lot more then 10 games. Anyways, here are some I got to test out as I came across some PS3s that I personally enjoyed:

Everyday Shooter - Kind of like Crystal Quest and Geometry Wars. The only real difference is the style is much different and the music played is a lot different. There's a comic-esque style to it. And from my experiences, the music was more guitarish.

flOw - Not a lengthy game, and from what I understand doesn't have a ton of replay value. From what I've played though is extreme awesomeness. The art is beautiful, and the style is really unique. There isn't much to the game other then evolving.

Spyro The Dragon - I hope you played this game before. If you haven't, what have you been doing with your life? Honestly, must own. It was honestly one of the best games I've ever played and still is.

Tekken: Dark Resurrection - It's Tekken. Need I say more? If you're fan of the series, it's definitely worth the purchase considering the lowish price for the value.

Piyotama - Some people will probably disagree with me. I have an odd attraction to Japanese made games. They are very unique in style. Piyotama is basically a Japanese puzzle game. Really neat little game. It's only 3 bucks or something on the North American Store I believe. You're basically a chicken, and you're trying to hack the eggs. Think of Bejeweled. Except in Piyotama, you push the eggs as opposed to rotating them. If you like puzzles, and don't mind coughing up 3 bucks.. heck why not?

I rarely come across PS3s and get to try out various titles, but those are the ones I got to test out and I personally enjoyed them. Also, in terms of retail, definitely try out Folklore. I really enjoyed it but Twelve said it's a rental. It probably is for most people, but try it out (note: Folklore = Rental).

I'm also sure others will expand on games like Snakeball. It looks pretty good but I haven't got to try it out yet.

twelve
01-22-2008, 07:50 AM
I rarely come across PS3s and get to try out various titles, but those are the ones I got to test out and I personally enjoyed them. Also, in terms of retail, definitely try out Folklore. I really enjoyed it but Twelve said it's a rental. It probably is for most people, but try it out (note: Folklore = Rental).

I'm also sure others will expand on games like Snakeball. It looks pretty good but I haven't got to try it out yet.
Wow, I was remembered :p

Snakeball sounded and looked interesting to me until I saw the trailer of it and worked out that it was just Snake in 3D, but slower. I never tried it out but it looks so very dull. Generally if a trailer looks dull to me then the game isn't ever going to be worth bothering with.

These are the PSN titles I've got that haven't been mentioned:

Super Rub a dub - Makes use of the rubber ducks from the old PS3 tech demo. Also is controller entirely using the motion control. It's a puzzle game similar to Super Monkey Ball, you tilt the controller to tilt the levels. This moves the 'player' around the bath tub. The aim is to collect all the baby rubber ducks and then put them down the plughole. It sounds stupid and it is, worth checking the demo out tho just to see that the Sixaxis isn't a complete waste of space.

Loco Roco Cocorecheo - The annoyingly simple and addictive game is back. They call it an interactive screensaver, I assure you it's not. Well if it is then I want the 10 hours or so I've spent "watching" it back. I dunno what else to say, it's only 1.99 and is a crime not to get it.

Gripshift - Pretty much the same as the 360 version minus the achievements. Really fun game. Unfortunately no demo version though so download the XBLA demo and try it out. Then buy it for whichever console you like.