PDA

View Full Version : taking the fun out of the simpsons

SPRAYandPREYcom
01-23-2008, 01:49 PM
i like to consider myself a simpsons fan and i found this game to be really annoying and hardly worth the achievment points. I like the humor in the tv show but sadly there was barely any simpsons humor to be found in the game, just annoying things that you have to do in order to pass a level then go to the next level then the next level ect ect ect... i got 80 achievement points from it and am returning it today... even when i would follow a walktrough guide the game still was painfull to play def not worth buying and not good at all for achievement points ...

she haunts me
01-23-2008, 02:57 PM
Pointless thread for your first post. Welcom to the site anyways...

ASTROBL4ACK
01-23-2008, 04:36 PM
I'm sorry to hear you didn't like it.

Otisbum
01-23-2008, 10:31 PM
One shouldn't really expect much from a Simpson's game other than humor anyway. ;)

Sure, it may not be a great game, probably even mediocre, but for most Simpsons fans, it's just a fun game to screw around on, and it's a fairly easy 1000 compared to other subpar games.

Welcome to the site, too. :)

Scotian Bred
01-23-2008, 10:38 PM
Simpsons game wasn't all that bad it was cool how they parodied other games .. some parts were hard .. but overall an easy 1000 .. but if this type of game isn't your icing on the cake .. then it probably won't be worth going for the 1000.

steelefan15
02-03-2008, 07:13 PM
i loved it!

abearden
02-04-2008, 06:20 PM
I really enjoyed this game...it had me laughing out loud. But I can see someone not liking it if they're not a die-hard Simpsons fan or didn't grow up playing Zelda, Mario, Wolfenstein, etc...

KasualBeast
02-04-2008, 09:49 PM
i think that it was actually a little difficult and the collectibles are a bitch... also the video game machine level was just annoying

abearden
02-05-2008, 05:36 AM
Collectibles are always a bitch, no matter what the game is. The problem is if you don't keep track by writing it down each time you find one, you don't know which ones you have or haven't collected, so even a guide gives you a headache. But collectibles aside, I just broke 800gp and after 5 days of renting the game, I'm ready to give it back satisfied.

d3r1v3d
02-07-2008, 02:27 PM
This game was alright. It definitely has its moments, but there are some levels (Enter the Cheatrix, Invasion of the Yokel-Snatchers) which were physically painful for me to play through.

I still think Bart's Nightmare for the SNES was the best Simpsons game ever created.

Word.

M85A21
02-07-2008, 02:45 PM
If you were a real fan then you wouldn't be pissed off because of the achievements.

Otisbum
02-07-2008, 10:06 PM
This game was alright. It definitely has its moments, but there are some levels (Enter the Cheatrix, Invasion of the Yokel-Snatchers) which were physically painful for me to play through.

I still think Bart's Nightmare for the SNES was the best Simpsons game ever created.

Word. New sig.

But I played it for Genesis.

Larry109uk
02-08-2008, 03:55 PM
I loved this game. The Parody of its self and EA mimicked the Fox comments on the TV show. Collecting all the items was annoying especial as i didn't want to use a guide. Have had to put it down for the moment as I may get sick of it otherwise. Will come back and clean off the other 100 odd points later :D