PDA

View Full Version : This Game Makes Me Dizzy

SteakSalad
01-23-2008, 11:18 PM
This game makes me completely nauseous to play it...Every now and then I've noticed there will be a FPS that makes me feel that way. It all started with Turok on N64 and it still hasn't stopped. Bah. Prey does the same thing to me so I normally limit myself to about 10-15 minute sessions before I start feeling queasy. Anyone else get nauseous from similar FPS's?

Bax x360a
01-25-2008, 12:08 AM
This just means that you're a pussy and get scared easily :p Suck it up soldier!

Matt Supremacy
01-25-2008, 12:24 AM
i got this really bad playing FEAR... but like bioshock i went hours playing and felt fine.. just take breaks and you should be fine

SteakSalad
01-25-2008, 05:41 AM
This just means that you're a pussy and get scared easily :p Suck it up soldier!

Oh, It's on now. It's on! :uzi:

vhayste
01-25-2008, 05:44 AM
haha, keep it cool guys :)

I am sure it has something to do with the frame rates and the player's eye condition. I have no problem playing most FPS games but there are certain titles that makes me dizzy. Up to the point that you'll feel that you'd like to throw up.

I have similar problems when playing Medal of Honor titles. Usually it occurs to me after playing an hour or two. But for Jericho, I don't have that problem.

ASTROBL4ACK
01-25-2008, 12:01 PM
Prey would almost depress me on how sick it made me. I don't think any game could ever surpass that, it seemed like the developers goal at times with some of those puzzles.

Haven't played this yet, but it's on it's way to my house. And i'm looking forward to it.

RupturedRapture
01-29-2008, 02:02 AM
You may want to check your sensitivity and make sure its not too high. Oh and for Prey that game was different, you were on walls and went through portals...it was disorienting but not nauseating.

ASTROBL4ACK
01-31-2008, 05:43 PM
You may want to check your sensitivity and make sure its not too high. Oh and for Prey that game was different, you were on walls and went through portals...it was disorienting but not nauseating.

I think Prey was both. I absolutly could not play it for longer than 20 minutes.

LucasGFX
02-02-2008, 03:51 PM
i didnt really have that problem with jericho. probably because its not a faster paced shooter with a loose aiming system. the only fps lately to make me a little dizzy is the darkness.

Khaos
02-05-2008, 04:46 AM
I didn't have any problem with Jerico, but I completely know how you feel, oddly enough I got the same feeling from Lego Bionicle. I agree that it must be something about the frame rate or something that just doesn't sit well with your equilibrium.

WrottenSandwich
02-05-2008, 11:10 PM
I have heard people say they get sick during portal also. There where a couple of parts in Prey that got to me, looking forward to this game tho....

Alex56
02-12-2008, 02:44 AM
I get that way in bioshock sometimes, usually only listening to the diaries.. like the Timmy Interogation.. the one you pick up the dead girls body that Steinman was "working on." And mass effect because the frame rate is so bad.

greg
04-07-2008, 08:07 AM
GH III really f%##s with my eyes.......

OHSNAP
04-12-2008, 04:26 AM
GH III really f%##s with my eyes.......

same here after a match it's like the the room is moving. my tv would look like it's getting bigger. i thought that was only me.

Bax x360a
04-12-2008, 09:45 PM
same here after a match it's like the the room is moving. my tv would look like it's getting bigger. i thought that was only me.
My brother gets that aswell, and there was me thinking it was him going crazy!

Hitchcock
05-24-2008, 12:17 PM
I have heard people say they get sick during portal also. There where a couple of parts in Prey that got to me, looking forward to this game tho....

thats funny you say that because I know Half-Life has a history of making gamers feel sick. Ever since the very first game people have been complaining about it...

Darc Apocalypse
06-26-2008, 05:32 PM
ive heard of this happening alot thankfully though i only get guitar hero "warpitis"

Muasi
08-17-2008, 07:25 AM
To tell you the truth im exactly the same way. Started on 007 on the 64. I also get it this feeling while playing any Doom, and Duke Nukem.

Daftmouse
08-19-2008, 12:41 AM
Sometimes when I play "Halo 3" and I am looking at the screen from a wierd angle I get dizzy.