PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Support

Bodangles
01-23-2008, 11:23 PM
I don't have a revolutionary idea for the website that will change us forever, but I do think that in the General Xbox 360 forum could use something along the lines of an Xbox 360 support Sticky, or a redirect to a thread / post with help. A growing number of people come to the General Xbox 360 thread with often similar problems to ones already answered before. The search button could and should be used, but typically those posting are new members.

Could some sort of 360 support be implemented to the site?

Otisbum
01-23-2008, 11:26 PM
I think that'd be great, just having one thread devoted to common problems and their solutions.

There's always the thread in Tech Centre for smaller questions too.

Shinobi273
01-23-2008, 11:28 PM
I don't understand what you want implemented... We have an FAQ thread, new members just don't read anything and are oftentimes so self-absorbed that they just want a personal answer to their question that was answered 5 times before in the thread right below their own. They also often expect an answer in 20 minutes or less, like we have members waiting for them to ask their question.

Otisbum
01-23-2008, 11:34 PM
Of course this won't completely solve that problem, nothing will, but this will offer a quick solution to those who want to see a compiled list of problems and how-to's.

Bodangles
01-23-2008, 11:35 PM
Well most times even new members see stickies, and I'm sure if they see XBOX 360 SUPPORT, we'll save the trouble of at least a little clutter. I know that we have stuff implemented to prevent this, but new members are often clueless.

Oh and this could have people posting in this thread rather than creating new ones for themselves, as you said.