Curtains Down - Who is the witness?!

sifu_thom

First post guys, so be gentle!

Okay I'm attempting to get the 5 Silent Assassin awards on Normal, Expert & Professional (doing one level at a time, through each of the difficulties). 'A Vintage Year' was no problem, got the SA award. 'Curtains Down' however is proving to be a different kettle of fish...

Actually performing the level is fine, but at the end the and although I believe I've done enough for the SA award I end up with 'Professional' as there is one witness.

My route through the level is pretty standard by all accounts:

- Obtain Real WWI Gun

- Sedate and suit Worker in reception toilets

- Plant bomb on chandellier

- Swap WWI guns

- Blow chandellier when target trips underneath it

- Suit up & leave

At no point in the level am I confronted or told to stop by anyone, so I'm left wondering who the witness is.

Could it be the worker who I sedate and suit up as? I thought it was okay to do this as long as you're not seen and you dispose of the body (both of which I have done).

The only other possibility is when I actually detonate the bomb. I've tried doing this from a number of different locations (although I've not tried the one in the [excellent] stickied thread yet) including in the auditorium and in a room above. I've also tried it in the suit and the worker's gear but still there is one witness. If it is this that is resulting in the witness then there is no clear indication given as no one says anything to me and the warning bar does not increase. Basically, no one sees me detonate the bomb!

I've watched the YouTube walkthrough and Elil does not sedate, he instead sneaks into the changing room, but is this really necessary? It seems a bit long-winded if sedating is possible.

Any help greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

Thom

EDIT to say: I probably should've read THIS thread before posting! D'oh!

I've just tried the way in the sticky thread (i.e. detonating the bomb whilst in the 'hole' just below the chandallier and above the auditorium) and I still get 'Professional' rather than SA!

I'm attempting this on normal difficulty which seems to tie in with the other thread (linked above) that it is impossible to do it (this way at least) on normal.

Has anyone got a SA rating on this level on normal difficulty using the same method?

I've just tried the way in the sticky thread (i.e. detonating the bomb whilst in the 'hole' just below the chandallier and above the auditorium) and I still get 'Professional' rather than SA!

I'm attempting this on normal difficulty which seems to tie in with the other thread (linked above) that it is impossible to do it (this way at least) on normal.

Has anyone got a SA rating on this level on normal difficulty using the same method?

If your doing Curtains Down on Normal, try the method I posted a while back! :

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4731

Thx

MATTUMUZ

Thanks MATTUMUZ I'll try that (after I try some guy's 36 second run I saw on YouTube!). It's just I wanted to beat every level at SA on every difficulty from the start. So for example I complete the first level getting SA on Normal, then do it for Expert, then Professional and then move onto the next level. I can't do it this way as I need a scoped/silenced weapon, so I guess I'll have to come back to it.

On an aside, with regards to firing weapons on Expert/Pro and getting SA, I watched a video of someone (Android Thumper on Google video) complete 'You'd better watch out' on Pro difficulty by shooting the jacuzzi out from underneath. He used a gun and still got the SA rating.