PDA

View Full Version : Release Dates Calendar

Zef
01-25-2008, 02:28 PM
Just spent a few minutes making a calendar of release dates (UK only at the moment) for 2008. I'll probably get around to putting more global releases up eventually and arcade titles will be going up when they are announced =)

http://www.google.com/calendar/gallery?q=x360a

Much more snazzy than the one here.

jackanape
01-25-2008, 02:41 PM
Great work man. I don't really buy magazines and such so I never know what the hell is coming out until it turns up - I had no idea there was so much due in February / March. I shall have to finish off some of my tat games so I can trade them in for something shiny and new.

Really appreciate that you took the time to do this, as now I'll be able to plan ahead. Cheers.

Tatanko
01-25-2008, 02:42 PM
Very neat, and much easier to use. Now we need a US one :D

Minty
01-25-2008, 02:47 PM
Good to see after 4 months of Krazie promising to do it 'at the weekend', someones done something :p

XboxFreak36
01-25-2008, 02:50 PM
Very neat, and much easier to use. Now we need a US one :D
Hell no not US just make a EU and US and forget UK :) well nice thing Zef!!

XxArmeddyxX
01-25-2008, 02:51 PM
Any chance of you guys considering us poor people in Australia land? lol we didn't even get the xbox till a year after you guys, do you have any idea how badly we get screwed over for game releases? haha

Odiumruse
01-25-2008, 02:57 PM
A universal calender, if done right and accurate, would be a fantastic idea for any site. hint hint.

Impulse
01-25-2008, 04:05 PM
Very nice idea my friend.. And shit am i going to need large amounts of money in the next few months! :(

Zef
01-25-2008, 04:17 PM
Any chance of you guys considering us poor people in Australia land? lol we didn't even get the xbox till a year after you guys, do you have any idea how badly we get screwed over for game releases? haha

If you want me to add on Aussie releases then just ask.

And there is an option to embed the calendar onto the site, if Routine X doesn't mind adding it on somewhere. I suggested putting it on the existing calendar but you mauled that idea because the Upcoming Games list was supposed to be better =P

PerpetualHeaven
01-25-2008, 04:23 PM
We should so substitute our current upcoming list with our own virtual calendar similar to this. I wonder if the coding would be hard.... mmmm..

Zef
01-25-2008, 04:24 PM
Just embed the google one, no coding needed other than a blank page or a few pages for different regions.

PerpetualHeaven
01-25-2008, 04:27 PM
Just embed the google one, no coding needed other than a blank page or a few pages for different regions.

We should do that. It's much easier then the current way to be honest. We would still need the current upcoming list for Q2,Q3,Q4 and TBA games.

Zef
01-25-2008, 04:32 PM
Q1-4 games could just go at the ends of those quarters with a list of TBC games underneath, but either way could work so long as they get updated when they are announced. Just about to start on Yankiedoodle dates.

M85A21
01-25-2008, 05:07 PM
Very good idea Zef.
Congratulations on that one, I hate getting magazines just for the dates and stuff.

AlexUplinked
01-25-2008, 05:59 PM
Thanks for making that Zef. Its going to save me a lot of time.

[Alex]

XxArmeddyxX
01-26-2008, 01:57 PM
If you want me to add on Aussie releases then just ask.

And there is an option to embed the calendar onto the site, if Routine X doesn't mind adding it on somewhere. I suggested putting it on the existing calendar but you mauled that idea because the Upcoming Games list was supposed to be better =P

Haha yeh, thanks mate, i'd appreciate it if you could, there are a few of us on the site and it would be helpful as. Good idea in the first place.

Jdm
01-26-2008, 07:55 PM
U.K. only or not, that's some fantastic work Zef!

But we all know it was Mr. Flibble that did ALL the work and not you.;):p

SoaringEagle
01-26-2008, 08:05 PM
GTA & NINJA GAIDEN, the purpose of my life.

and batman dark knight game, hopefully 1 will come out, cuz the batman begins movie game was amazing, not only was it an amazing batman game, it was just an amazing game.

Royle
01-26-2008, 09:41 PM
Good work now I can plan how to save my money for each game.