PDA

View Full Version : Memphis's Gallery

Caboose13311
01-27-2008, 02:27 AM
Hey guys i just started doing Photoshop and these are my first ones

Here is my new one with the help of some tuts.

http://i28.tinypic.com/w2g6dc.jpg

My Death Merchant one :
http://i31.tinypic.com/ibfgpf.jpg

My Captain America One:
http://i26.tinypic.com/233492.jpg

My Young Link One:
http://i26.tinypic.com/zu2i5e.jpg

Hope you guys are liking my sigs, constructive criticism is always good

TheUltimateRush
01-27-2008, 09:09 AM
Its not bad, try put borders on your sig it makes it look neat and try messing around with blending sigs in the background it will improve the look of it but nice man =)

x23DrPepper23x
01-27-2008, 10:02 PM
pretty good but definately use borders and try using renders!

Blake
01-31-2008, 10:25 PM
Doesn't look like art to me!
Looks to me you got some pictures and put text on them and that's it.
Well maybe your new to this but still a so so attempt.
3/10 Overall

narcolepticshee
01-31-2008, 10:45 PM
3/10 Overall

Don't be a dick. These galleries are for helping people and for constructive criticism - not slagging people off.

Anyhoo - Good start I know alot of people will say this to you but download as many brushes as you can and look at some tutorials! They should help quite a bit.

How i got into it was looking at tutorials and looking at people's work that i liked and PM'd them over x360a and asked them certain things. TS101 (TheunderStorm 101) has been a life saver for me on photoshop and taught me literally everything I know - he always seems up for helping people so maybe give him a message asking for some tips? (I'm thinking Member Of The Month for TS101 possibility?!)

Hope this helps,

Peace

she haunts me
01-31-2008, 10:49 PM
3/10 Overall

May we have a link to you gallery please? Dick...

Blake
02-01-2008, 07:32 PM
What's the point of me not speaking the truth to him, i did not slag him and i don't think he will learn much if i say they are good.

"Dick" doesn't have his images because "dick" got a new PC which is slow and till "dick" resolves this problem "dick" will be unable to creat stuff.

Sanction
02-01-2008, 08:21 PM
May I ask why you have a Confederate flag as a signature?

And they're too big, if you mad them a bit smaller they would look better. :)

eXyle
02-01-2008, 09:01 PM
I will just say the truth, but also give some tips. So don't be mad at me!

All I can see from most of those images is some renders or pictures with text slapped on them and a bit of opacity changes. This makes me think you don't yet know what each tool does.

So to learn that a lot better, try following some tutorials (just google for 'photoshop tutorials') and just follow them, if they are too hard try to find another one, tutorials aren't really for learning you how to make one style of all the same sigs, but rather learning new techniques you can combine in your own sig to make a nice effect. This will teach you what each tool does and then you can play around.

Also what you can do in your own sig is play around, there's always the undo feature when you don't like what you did.

And last but not least like Sanction said, try to make them a bit smaller, I prefer 360 x 110 but that's definately not the smallest you can do.

Caboose13311
02-03-2008, 12:50 AM
I have a confederate flag as a sig because i love The South... its not a form of racism or hate but a symbol of an area of land... a peice of land that i love

I love all of the USA but my heart belongs in Dixie and thats why

Caboose13311
02-03-2008, 12:53 AM
and sorry, Thanks for the good criticism, really helps... its doesn't bother me to be very harsh when it comes to it... I need to get better and all the criticism helps

btw the one with the dog and pheasant i added the grass effects and the sunrise affect... i thought it was pretty nice but idk

and can someone tell me how to do borders?
i know it sounds stupid but i cant find a good tutorial for it... thanks it would really help

Skillet
02-03-2008, 03:09 AM
I thought you might have added the grass. It looks brushed.

The green, what you call "sunrise effect" is okay but off-putting. I don't think it works.

And as others have said, smaller and borders.

Those last two would help more than anything. ;)

BTW, see how I did that, Blake? Telling him it doesn't look like art is "slagging". You don't need to be like that to be a critic.

SuperGaz
02-03-2008, 03:31 PM
3/10 Overall

wow a little harsh there sweetheart, i eagerly await your attempts/gallery.

Anyway my point. Caboose not a bad start m8, try looking into blending the layers rather changing the opacity and perhaps shrinking and adding borders to neaten them up abit. But these things take practice and a couple of tutorials make a hell of a difference so keep it up

For borders make a new layer and drag it to the top of the stack

then go select all>edit>stroke> 3px>Pick a colour and select center>Ok

Alien Nation
02-04-2008, 09:11 PM
hey mate, I'm also new to the thing. Here's a good website with good tuts for sigs

http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php?showtopic=4126056&f=246

hope it helps you out.

also check out

planetrenders.net (for a nice library of renders)

and deviantart.com (good site to download brushes and stuff, just do a search in their site.)

I think I was worst then you when I first touched PS, but check out my gallery if you want those are my 2 first sigs ever. Before that I was just fooling around with PS and trying to discover what did what.

Caboose13311
02-17-2008, 05:58 PM
I got a new sig up guys!

Caboose13311
03-01-2008, 04:58 PM
Another new sig up guys!!!

ThunderStorm101
03-01-2008, 06:35 PM
Firstly speak your mind dont dont be super blunt about it, there is a difference between constructive critism and being rude :)

Sorry to clod the thread more but it needs to be said

:offtopic:

Ok,

Your background and renders (on most) look like there 2 different things (which there are) but you should try blending the backgrounds and focal renders together, im sure you can find some tuts around the place somwhere just keep practising is the most important thing really

,T/S101

Caboose13311
03-01-2008, 08:57 PM
Lol no need to be nice, but yeah thanks man

ill try out what you said
=)