PDA

View Full Version : GTA Online Platinum Awards

Pages : 1 [2] 3

IDarK VorteXX
10-14-2013, 09:17 PM
Can anyone tell me what i have to do for flippin' hell and spinderella? Im currently at 3/4 Gold on both and for the life of me cant figure out what i have to do. I look at the picture for the award and it tells me to do a barrel roll, i do it but i dont get a point towards platinum. I have done every way imaginable and still its stuck at 3/4 on Gold. The picture or description is very misleading and any advice would help me. Im starting to think it may be glitched. =[

ThunderingLefty
10-14-2013, 09:36 PM
Can anyone tell me what i have to do for flippin' hell and spinderella? Im currently at 3/4 Gold on both and for the life of me cant figure out what i have to do. I look at the picture for the award and it tells me to do a barrel roll, i do it but i dont get a point towards platinum. I have done every way imaginable and still its stuck at 3/4 on Gold. The picture or description is very misleading and any advice would help me. Im starting to think it may be glitched. =[

For both, you have to be in the air and need 5 flips or spins while airborne. A flip is a barrel roll, a spin is a 360* without flipping.

Both are insanely difficult to do on purpose. I'm at 4/5 on both randomly. Cant for the life of me get the 5th on purpose.

The Duke of Darkness
10-14-2013, 09:45 PM

You need to do the required amount in one go.

STLfan2468
10-14-2013, 09:51 PM
Boy, picking up that special crate gives you 5,000 RP...

STLfan2468
10-14-2013, 09:52 PM

Just get a cargobob and take turns with a friend dropping each other off from the ceiling of the map. The location of it after LVL 30 the south docks where Merryweather is at.

BiggD
10-14-2013, 10:13 PM
Just get a cargobob and take turns with a friend dropping each other off from the ceiling of the map. The location of it after LVL 30 the south docks where Merryweather is at.

The southern docks? I've never seen a Cargobob there and I'm way higher than Rank 30 :(

xxJUSTINxx
10-14-2013, 10:15 PM
Grinding these out is extremely boring.

IDarK VorteXX
10-14-2013, 10:35 PM
I just completed the spinderella award and i can say that you have to do what the picture shows. I ended up doing it with the gate glitch. Still trying to do flippin hell. Thanks for all the clarification guys. It really helped alot.

xxJUSTINxx
10-14-2013, 11:09 PM
Boy, picking up that special crate gives you 5,000 RP...
I've never seen it drop yet.

IDarK VorteXX
10-15-2013, 12:31 AM
I've never seen it drop yet.

What? I got the special crate drop 3 times now. When theres one inbound you will get a yellow pop up on the right. It will tell you how many hours left for the drop.

lil d 916
10-15-2013, 01:24 AM
Has anyone figured a way to get the car mod one, literally have done everything.

i gave up on that one it never unlocked for me

xxJUSTINxx
10-15-2013, 01:36 AM
What? I got the special crate drop 3 times now. When theres one inbound you will get a yellow pop up on the right. It will tell you how many hours left for the drop.
Nope, never seen any pop up about a special drop and I'm Rank 149. lol I see the special car and Bank trucks every now and again.

ThunderingLefty
10-15-2013, 02:41 AM
i gave up on that one it never unlocked for me

I just got mine with the Elegy (its free). Still takes about $250k to buy everything though

Need to buy the obvious things but some are hidden, like:
2 custom chrome resprays and crew logo
front and rear bumpers
spoiler
side skirts
roof scoop
hood scoop
roll cage
exhaust pipes
custom tires, bulletproof tires, tire smoke

when I get a minute, I'll confirm everything I bought.

spxyu02
10-15-2013, 04:02 AM
Thanks for the handy guide. However, could you clarify some of the requirements? For example for "Fugitive" it only says spend time with a 5 star wanted level [120]. Is that number of times, or minutes, hours etc? The same for spending time in a helicopter [5]. I suppose this is hours.

Could you kindly write the time unit these timebased awards are based on?

I'd especially like clarification on Fugitive. I'm at 0/10 (minutes, I'm assuming), and I've led police on an active highway chase past 10 minutes, and nothing. Do you have to be wanted AND on foot, or something like that?

StarDreamer99
10-15-2013, 05:52 AM
I just got mine with the Elegy (its free). Still takes about $250k to buy everything though

Need to buy the obvious things but some are hidden, like:
2 custom chrome resprays and crew logo
front and rear bumpers
spoiler
side skirts
roof scoop
hood scoop
roll cage
exhaust pipes
custom tires, bulletproof tires, tire smoke

when I get a minute, I'll confirm everything I bought.

This hasn't unlocked for me either. The only thing it appears that I'm missing is the crew logo since I'm not in a crew :p.

As for the crates, I've only had 5 ordinary ones drop for me (mostly in solo mode) and no special crates.

Team USA
10-15-2013, 06:15 AM
Sniper is only 100 kills, not 500. Please update it

Evo Kazz
10-15-2013, 08:00 AM
Right we can't find a Cargobob anywhere, all the locations mentioned here spawn repeatedly buzzards all the time, is there anywhere else to find one?

ThunderingLefty
10-15-2013, 08:39 AM
Right we can't find a Cargobob anywhere, all the locations mentioned here spawn repeatedly buzzards all the time, is there anywhere else to find one?

The military base. Good luck getting out alive though. And then evading 4-star wanted level. The good news is that the helipad is in a corner so if you can manage to parachute in quickly you might have a slim chance.

Evo Kazz
10-15-2013, 08:58 AM
The military base. Good luck getting out alive though. And then evading 4-star wanted level. The good news is that the helipad is in a corner so if you can manage to parachute in quickly you might have a slim chance.

Do you mean the fort? Near top left of the map? Also which corner do you mean, if entering from the south, bottom left/right or top left/right?

Also anyone else have any tips for these?

Granny - color all the targets in a target grid match [1] - Whats a target grid match? lol
Salvaged - pick up a special crate first [1] - How do I even find these never seen one

Bloodiest Of The Bunch - get the most kills in a 4 player survival [1]
Is it right in saying you can do wave 1, then wave 2 everyone suicides, then repeat till all 4 have it?

sun100
10-15-2013, 09:13 AM
If you require a cargobob and it isn't spawning, the way i did it was to call lester and get the mission "dock to stock II" or Ron with "Base invaders."
Did most of the mission with a partner, but then just did the flips/spinderella before we finished.

Granny is very easily boosted, go to the shooting range, invite a friend, select the target grid match and turn all the targets your colour, you have to do it twice for the win, takes seconds.

Evo Kazz
10-15-2013, 09:30 AM
If you require a cargobob and it isn't spawning, the way i did it was to call lester and get the mission "dock to stock II" or Ron with "Base invaders."
Did most of the mission with a partner, but then just did the flips/spinderella before we finished.

Genius!! Thanks :dance::dance::dance:

Dante Kasai
10-15-2013, 10:41 AM
Do you mean the fort? Near top left of the map? Also which corner do you mean, if entering from the south, bottom left/right or top left/right?

Granny - color all the targets in a target grid match [1] - Whats a target grid match? lol
Salvaged - pick up a special crate first [1] - How do I even find these never seen one

Is it right in saying you can do wave 1, then wave 2 everyone suicides, then repeat till all 4 have it?

Target Grid match is a shooting range activity - the middle one. You'll know which when you try it. Can be found at any Ammu-Nation with a range.

Do some missions for Ron, he'll call you afterwards about crate drops. Then they have a chance of being normal or special.

I would assume so. I got the Platinum legitimately by killing the most and faiiling at wave 9 (bummer, right?) so forcing the failure should work.

spxyu02
10-15-2013, 11:05 AM

Confirmed, I did this one with 3 other guys, we each took turns getting the majority of kills in round 1, and then held a cooked grenade or sticky-bombed ourselves once the between-round timer had ended and round 2 had officially started. I believe we had the option to replay in the post-game screen, so it went fairly quickly.

Leak8
10-15-2013, 01:15 PM
Looking for someone online now to do tennis platinums, 5 sets, straight sets, 20 aces. Leakleak8

mast3r 0r0m1s
10-15-2013, 01:33 PM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=514182&page=14 Use the trading thread to find someone.

xhunterrrr
10-15-2013, 01:54 PM
Sniper is only 100 kills, not 500. Please update it

Thanks! Are you sure of this? It looks like it follows the same progression as the other weapons that need 500.

Target Grid is a shooting range challenge.

Special crates will drop randomly.

Survival award - if you read my SECOND POST WITH ALL THE TIPS, you would see I said exactly that.

The Duke of Darkness
10-15-2013, 01:54 PM
I'd especially like clarification on Fugitive. I'm at 0/10 (minutes, I'm assuming), and I've led police on an active highway chase past 10 minutes, and nothing. Do you have to be wanted AND on foot, or something like that?

You need a 5 star wanted level.

spxyu02
10-15-2013, 06:09 PM
You need a 5 star wanted level.

So The Fugitive is time with a 5 star wanted level (in minutes), and Police Mocker is a number of evasions from a 5 star wanted level?

Okay, I see that the original post has this 5-star requirement for The Fugitive (and the post I originally quoted *facepalm*), but Post #2, with tips for achieving platinum medals, says to keep the stars as low as possible. That was probably the point of my confusion. Could we get an edit to Post #2 for this then?

Sooo ... any tips for dragging on 5-star chases? Seems like I'll have the achievement before I get that medal, but is it just Buzzard mayhem and then fly away?

Finally, the only time I've achieved a 5 star wanted level online, I called Lester to make it go away, and that didn't count as an evasion, FWIW.

xhunterrrr
10-15-2013, 06:11 PM
So The Fugitive is time with a 5 star wanted level (in minutes), and Police Mocker is a number of evasions from a 5 star wanted level?

Okay, I see that the original post has this 5-star requirement for The Fugitive (and the post I originally quoted *facepalm*), but Post #2, with tips for achieving platinum medals, says to keep the stars as low as possible. That was probably the point of my confusion. Could we get an edit to Post #2 for this then?

Sooo ... any tips for dragging on 5-star chases? Seems like I'll have the achievement before I get that medal, but is it just Buzzard mayhem and then fly away?

Finally, the only time I've achieved a 5 star wanted level online, I called Lester to make it go away, and that didn't count as an evasion, FWIW.

Sorry about that! I learned that The Fugitive was for five stars after writing the tips in post #2. Fixed now!

spxyu02
10-15-2013, 06:13 PM
Sorry about that! I learned that The Fugitive was for five stars after writing the tips in post #2. Fixed now!

No problem at all, I should have read the previous posts more carefully. Thanks for your great work on this thread!

Barad
10-15-2013, 07:31 PM
I got lucky and randomly unlocked the beat a world record in a race platinum while grinding Criminal Records.

xxJUSTINxx
10-15-2013, 07:32 PM
What Ron mission do you need to complete to get the special crate drops? I've yet to do any.

KiDDo
10-16-2013, 12:07 AM
I don't know how, but I managed to set a world record in a race today. It wasn't even with a super sports car, neither was I driving really good (at least I think so). But the award for that is definitely stated as complete on the social club :dance:

StarDreamer99
10-16-2013, 12:19 AM
NOTE: For Suped Up, you don't need to paint your crew logo on your car.

I got tthis award to unlock and I have never been part of a crew.

FresH0121
10-16-2013, 02:39 AM
i only need 1 platium if anybody wants to grind out 100 sniper kills or something add me on Luckierchimp492

xhunterrrr
10-16-2013, 03:31 AM
i only need 1 platium if anybody wants to grind out 100 sniper kills or something add me on Luckierchimp492

Please use the trading thread for working on awards: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=514182

spxyu02
10-16-2013, 04:09 AM
This may be overkill and a mess to read through, but I just sent this to two friends as a bit of guidance. It is the list of 30 platinums I completed, with notes on how easy/hard they were, along with a few others I was close on or thought would also be easy.

I mostly regurgitated the great advice that is already found in this thread and on TA, but this might be useful for someone just starting out with the awards and looking for the lazy man's path to 30 :)

If this wall of text sends everyone screaming, I can delete the post.

These are in the order they appear in the menus.

01 - Victory - Road Rage - Boost in private GTA w/ one other person, can missile them 3x then win
02 - Victory - In A Class of Your Own - Win a race w/ a custom car (boost w/ 1 other person)
03 - Victory - Penetrate from Behind - Come from last, win the race (25x); not sure if this is start in the back of the pre-race lineup, or just be last at some point in the race. If you boost w/ criminal records, you'll get this easy
04 - Victory - Dust Maker - Fastest lap in a race (25x); easy with criminal records boosting
05 - Victory - Every Race - Win every type or race; land/air/sea
06 - Victory - Survivor - Finish a survival (10 rounds); same as the achievement
07 - Victory - Over the Top - Win at arm wrestling (25x); easy to boost, don't even have to go back to matchmaking, can rematch with "X"
08 - Victory - Granny - Win Target Grid (shooting range) w/ all targets colored; boost with 1 other, spray all the targets so none of your opponents targets are showing
09 - Victory - All Rounder - Win every game mode (all Race & DM types); land/air/sea/rally/dm/tdm ... maybe competitive missions too?
10 - General - Veteran Racer - Participate in 25 different Races - Using "replay" voids the next race, must quit out to free roam and go back to a race
11 - General - Nick Of Time - Deploy 'chute <130', land safely (25x) - I used the "HALO" jump, very fast, check your stats each time (before pressing X to jump from the chopper) to figure out how low you need to be for it to count (i.e. if your last jump counted)
12 - General - Point Break - Parachute for over 3 minutes (25x) - Use a very high jump ("top of the globe" i think is the name of one), jump out, deploy parachute, put down controller, come back 3 minutes later, land wherever
13 - General - Stayed On Target - Land on target at end of a Parachute Jump (25x) - Use "HALO" and just land anywhere on the target at the end, can be combined with Nick of Time if you're good
14 - General - Clear Out - Clear out 5 Gang Attacks in one game day in a single session - Easier the higher level you are as there are more available. Take a chopper from the Marina in los santos or the sandy shores airfield and fly around hitting them.
15 - General - Checking Out - Get a 6 Dart checkout - Can be done solo, I set the game to 15 sets or whatever so I had a lot of chances to get this (backs you out of matchmaking if you set it to 1). Need at least 2 triple 20s out of your first 3 darts for it to be possible.
16 - General - Birdies - Sink some birdies in Golf (25x) - Get a lobby by yourself and play all the holes. I averaged 3-6 birdies per round. Mostly relaxing.
17 - General - Lapping It Up - Enjoy private dances (25x) - Buy a dance at the strip club (1) and touch her the whole time to flirt (there's no bouncer). You'll have to buy another (2) to continue filling her meter. At the end you'll have her number and can simply call her up to your apartment for the final 23 dances (free!). Simply start then stop the dances, then ask for another. Blue balls FTW!
18 - General - Snappy Dresser - Wear 25 different outfits - Only have to buy 25 different pieces of clothing. Hats and such are cheap.
19 - General - Hairy Encounters - Change your hairstyle (25x) - Find a cheap haircut or two, and simply keep bouncing between them, 25x.
20 - Crimes - Armed Robber - Hold up stores (20x) - This is an achievement for the online.
21 - Vehicle - Sky High - Blow up vehicles (500x) - Save money on sticky bombs! Once the Buzzard starts spawning at Sandy Shores (50+? 55+?), use that and get wanted, then circle all of San Andreas, mostly going over the highways that circle the island, not in the city, and use missiles to blow up cop cars, vans, and road blocks. There will be lock-ons like crazy, so just spam that A button. 500 will come quickly.
22 - Vehicle - No Claims Bonus - [minutes] Drive for 30 consecutive minutes w/o damage - Boring, but drive to Sandy Shores airfield and circle those runways. I recommend an episode or two of South Park.
23 - Vehicle - Mile High Club - [hours] Spend time in a helicopter (4 hours) - I used the chopper to get around for gang attacks, and you can also use it as described for blowing up vehicles. You can also just let it hover in a solo or invite only session. However, my game froze when I would rubberband RT doing this. I'm not sure if that contributed, but you don't even need to touch anything, just don't go idle.
24 - Vehicle - Suped Up - Apply each type of mod to one vehicle - Not going to list them here, but look online if this isn't popping. I did NOT have to use Chrome spray or vehicle bombs.
25 - Vehicle - Airborne - Land jumps over 300 feet in a road vehicle (25x) - If you boost some races with Downtown Underground in Super cars, there is a stunt jump in the middle that will send you over 300'. Otherwise use fast cars and hit jumps you remember from 100%-ing the SP.
26 - Vehicle - Unirider - Wheelie for over 2000 feet - Setup a solo race on "Taking Off" (or something like that). It's the big airport's runways. Choose the "RR" version of the $$ glitch bike. Back up to the end of the runway, then hold back on L stick as you accelerate. You should be able to check that you got this while still in the race. And take your time, no other racers.
27 - Combat - The Bounty Hunter - Take out targets and collect the Bounties (25x) - Very easy to boost with 1 other player in an invite only session
28 - Combat - Killstreaker - Earn a 10+ killstreak in DM - Very easy to boost with 1 other player in an invite only session. Do a DM w/ score limit 10. Suicides in the midst of your streak will void the award.
29 - Combat - Smoke 'Em Out - Get the most kills during a Gang Attack - Initiate a gang attack with one other player taking part. May be wise for the other player to get at least 1 kill (not confirmed that this is necessary however).
30 - Combat - Bloodiest Of The Bunch - Get the most kills in a 4 player Survival - Gather 3 other people, choose a Survival, get the most kills in round 1, then have everyone kill themselves when round 2 starts. Choose "Replay" and repeat.

Here are a few others that I thought would be easy/straightforward, or I was close to getting also:
Victory - The Champion - Win (50x) Races - I was at 36/50, need to have 1 other person, should come naturally with Criminal Records boosting, etc.
Victory - Impromptu Champion - Win (25x) Impromptu Races - I had 0, but imagined this would be very easy to boost with a friend
Victory - Out of Five - Win a 5 set tennis match - Easy to boost, but long/boring
Victory - Straight Sets - Win a match in straight sets - Would stack with "Out of Five"
General - War Pig - Participate in 25 different DMs - Like 25 different races, may not up the counter if you use "replay" or choose another DM from the post-game screen. Should be easy nonetheless
General - Hole In One - Achieve a hole in one in golf - Not super easy, but may as well concentrate on this (holes 3 & 6) while knocking off the 25 birdies. A nice bonus if you could pull it off.
General - Ace - Serve (25x) aces in tennis - Should stack with "Out of Five" and "Straight Sets"
General - The Hustler - Earn ($50,000) through betting - When playing a betting gametype with a friend, have the winner bet $100 and the loser bet $2500. Winner makes $$$, but the loser will likely net a loss. Alternatively you can flip those bets, no one will lose money, but it will take longer to reach $50,000. I was at $42k from races, this one isn't hard.
Crimes - Vehicle Thief - Steal (500x) vehicles - I was at 456. A nice spot is the end of the tunnel on the NE of the map on the freeway. Cars can't really go around you. Hop in the front one, hop out, hop in the one that just pulled up, etc etc etc

Hope this helps!

wexsuvslim
10-16-2013, 02:16 PM
The Record Holder - hold a world record in a Rockstar race

How do you do this?

i got lucky enough to get this within the first couple of days before all the "unexplainable unless u somehow cheated" times started appearing, lol

i think this is going to be tough to do at this point unless u are unbelievably good at racing, which i am not

Barad
10-16-2013, 03:27 PM
i got lucky enough to get this within the first couple of days before all the "unexplainable unless u somehow cheated" times started appearing, lol

i think this is going to be tough to do at this point unless u are unbelievably good at racing, which i am not

Yeah, I mentioned earlier that I randomly got it to unlock the other day during my racing grind. Seeing as a lot of the times are modded, this is pretty much impossible to get legit.

The Duke of Darkness
10-16-2013, 09:14 PM
If you change the setting that shows the world record time when you press down on the dpad (forgot its name) to personal you should get The Record Holder.

xhunterrrr
10-16-2013, 09:45 PM
If you change the setting that shows the world record time when you press down on the dpad (forgot its name) to personal you should get The Record Holder.

Can anyone else confirm this?

mast3r 0r0m1s
10-16-2013, 10:10 PM
I didn't get it. But I was also solo, don't know if you need someone else.

Dante Kasai
10-17-2013, 02:30 AM
Is the 4 hours in a helicopter medal consecutive or cumulative? I really don't want to hover in the air for a solid chunk of the day when it can be spent doing other stuff.

xhunterrrr
10-17-2013, 02:32 AM
Is the 4 hours in a helicopter medal consecutive or cumulative? I really don't want to hover in the air for a solid chunk of the day when it can be spent doing other stuff.

It is cumulative.

XoNiNjAlEoNoX
10-17-2013, 02:33 AM
05 - Victory - Every Race - Win every type or race; land/air/sea
09 - Victory - All Rounder - Win every game mode (all Race & DM types); land/air/sea/rally/dm/tdm ... maybe competitive missions too?

so you didn't do last team standing, bike race and vehicle deathmatch to get those awards?

thanks for your tips tho :)

BiggD
10-17-2013, 02:43 AM
These awards are actually a pain in my fucking penis.

mast3r 0r0m1s
10-17-2013, 06:10 AM
You just have to know what ones not to go for and have a good boosting partner(s). Other than that its pretty easy.

StarDreamer99
10-17-2013, 07:14 AM
Yes, some of these awards are very time consuming, but not too difficult if you actually have the time to devote to this endeavor.

I completed close to 19 over a week ago and then ... ... something screwy happened where most of my awards were reset to zero. I literally watched as my survival wave award went from platinum to gold to silver and to bronze over the course of a few hours. A lot of my other stats were affected too. In the end, I was left with only one platinum award completed. A week later, I'm back to 20 platinums completed with 5 or so very close to completion. I may boost some of the deathmatch ones, which would likely mean that I'll easily get over 30 awards completed.

Needless to say, I have put a lot of hours into GTA online so far.

Grey Delta
10-17-2013, 08:03 AM
The Rocket Man - RPG kills [100]

Needs to be changed to 50, I'm at 49/50 now :D

EDIT: I'm fairly sure sticky bombs are 50 too

Crimson Ridley
10-17-2013, 08:08 AM
Thanks! Are you sure of this? It looks like it follows the same progression as the other weapons that need 500.

Target Grid is a shooting range challenge.

Special crates will drop randomly.

Survival award - if you read my SECOND POST WITH ALL THE TIPS, you would see I said exactly that.

You're a bit of a hostile person. Maybe he just overlooked it as he was reading the guide. No need to flip out.

The Duke of Darkness
10-17-2013, 10:31 AM
I didn't get it. But I was also solo, don't know if you need someone else.

I was racing a random so maybe, 3 laps Criminal Records if any one wants to try that. Did you check the medal after? I was letting the random win then when he finished his first lap it said they set a new world record so I took the lead to see if I could get it, despite beating his time it didn't say anything about me setting a new record, but when I checked the medals in the next race I had it.

EDIT: Even if you have the medal already you can kinda confirm, just look at your personal best during the first lap, it shows as the impossible modded time which is more than likely the reason why you get the medal.

spxyu02
10-17-2013, 10:57 AM
so you didn't do last team standing, bike race and vehicle deathmatch to get those awards?

thanks for your tips tho :)

Unfortunately I'm not sure about 2/3 of those, as I happened to win an LTS in the first few days online, and swapped wins with another TRUE crew member on a bike race (American Cycle). I'm almost 100% positive I've never played a Vehicle DM, however.

BiggD
10-17-2013, 12:01 PM
2 lame medals left.

XoNiNjAlEoNoX
10-17-2013, 12:25 PM
Unfortunately I'm not sure about 2/3 of those, as I happened to win an LTS in the first few days online, and swapped wins with another TRUE crew member on a bike race (American Cycle). I'm almost 100% positive I've never played a Vehicle DM, however.

thanks very much. gonna check if those are needed.

EDIT: alright it seems like you do not need LTS, Vehicle DM and bike races for those medals. so going for Numero Uno should net you both medals without further ado.

JuSt BLaZe
10-17-2013, 12:35 PM
2 lame medals left.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Jim-Carey_Excited.gif
You got this!

Barad
10-17-2013, 01:17 PM
2 lame medals left.

DANG. 6 left here.

Also, 100 drive-by kills be buggy as fuck.

Seraph Xii
10-17-2013, 01:36 PM
How the hell are you people getting the 2000m wheelie? Best I can do is 700m on a highway with no traffic in a race.

If I even try to turn then the front wheel just goes down.

xhunterrrr
10-17-2013, 02:35 PM
The Rocket Man - RPG kills [100]

Needs to be changed to 50, I'm at 49/50 now :D

EDIT: I'm fairly sure sticky bombs are 50 too

Thank you! I'll wait on sticky bombs until it is confirmed.

You're a bit of a hostile person. Maybe he just overlooked it as he was reading the guide. No need to flip out.

He has posted questions about awards that were answered in the second post before. The first time, it is understandable... sorta. The second time, after being told where to look, is not.

How the hell are you people getting the 2000m wheelie? Best I can do is 700m on a highway with no traffic in a race.

Read my tips. I provide the perfect place to do it.

Seraph Xii
10-17-2013, 02:50 PM
Read my tips. I provide the perfect place to do it.

Because I commented in this thread on the subject of an award without trying it first or even reading it...

Doesn't matter now, got the achievement without that one so it's not a concern anymore.

xhunterrrr
10-17-2013, 02:54 PM
Because I commented in this thread on the subject of an award without trying it first or even reading it...

Doesn't matter now, got the achievement without that one so it's not a concern anymore.

Plenty of people haven't. If you had, the runway is the perfect place to do it because it is longer than 2000m and you don't have to turn.

Glad you got the achievement!

BiggD
10-17-2013, 03:31 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Jim-Carey_Excited.gif
You got this!

Hopefully be done with it tonight!

DANG. 6 left here.

Also, 100 drive-by kills be buggy as fuck.

Well, technically 4, but I know the two tennis ones can be knocked outta the way tonight with you. Not sure which last 2 to do :(

Barad
10-17-2013, 04:08 PM
Hopefully be done with it tonight!

Well, technically 4, but I know the two tennis ones can be knocked outta the way tonight with you. Not sure which last 2 to do :(

We can do sea/air races, it's only 25 each.

GeneralGranko
10-17-2013, 04:14 PM
Damn, need 2 last.... achievements.

Level 100 and Platinums, probably have 11 or 12 of them, so hopefully it wonīt take too long. How long have you been boosting those guys?

mast3r 0r0m1s
10-17-2013, 04:42 PM
It took me about 4 days to get them, but during that time I had to find boosting partners and we were switching and stuff. (The Platinums anyways)

Barad
10-17-2013, 05:25 PM
Just did No Claims Bonus..Fuck the traffic on this game. They're so unpredictable and dangerous lol though it was petty fun driving to traffic rules in GTA. Did two full rotations of the map on the highway.

xhunterrrr
10-17-2013, 06:01 PM
Just did No Claims Bonus..Fuck the traffic on this game. They're so unpredictable and dangerous lol though it was petty fun driving to traffic rules in GTA. Did two full rotations of the map on the highway.

Just go do laps at the Sandy Shores airport.

Barad
10-17-2013, 06:17 PM
^ It's done now anyway.

Just got my 30th medal (sniper kills) and my last online achievement done! :drunk

The road to level 200 continues.

Xenokai
10-17-2013, 07:39 PM
Im looking to do some plat medals, hit me up if ya need someone to do some of them with.

Barad
10-17-2013, 07:53 PM
Im looking to do some plat medals, hit me up if ya need someone to do some of them with.

You can use the Achievement Trading Thread to boost.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=514182

BiggD
10-17-2013, 08:10 PM
We can do sea/air races, it's only 25 each.

Sounds good! I'll be on in 2 hours the earliest.

Barad
10-17-2013, 08:14 PM
Sounds good! I'll be on in 2 hours the earliest.

Good stuff..and I JUST figured out those drive-by kills! I have to be the driver and kill other human players! Fuck man I remember killing you lot with sticky bombs a LOT during the first week lol.

I have to kill you 15 times later ok Bigg. :p

Dante Kasai
10-17-2013, 08:34 PM

Yes, he definitely is. Something about a superiority complex I believe.

xhunterrrr
10-17-2013, 08:53 PM
Yes, he definitely is. Something about a superiority complex I believe.

Lolololol, okay. I AM SO SUPERIOR TO YOU BECAUSE I WROTE STUFF IN A POST! :rolleyes:

Maybe I am just tired of seeing people ask questions that are answered in the second post. Why did I bother writing all that stuff out if no one is going to take an extra 5 seconds to read it instead of making a post?

Dante Kasai
10-17-2013, 09:10 PM
Lolololol, okay. I AM SO SUPERIOR TO YOU BECAUSE I WROTE STUFF IN A POST! :rolleyes:

Maybe I am just tired of seeing people ask questions that are answered in the second post. Why did I bother writing all that stuff out if no one is going to take an extra 5 seconds to read it instead of making a post?

LOL! You think people will actually do something intelligent? You're either naive or got way too much faith in humanity. Pariahs aren't revered in society, just whoever gives the most handfeeding to the dumbest people.

BiggD
10-17-2013, 10:34 PM
Good stuff..and I JUST figured out those drive-by kills! I have to be the driver and kill other human players! Fuck man I remember killing you lot with sticky bombs a LOT during the first week lol.

I have to kill you 15 times later ok Bigg. :p

Thank god you figured it out! And fine :( I'll let you do it.

Barad
10-17-2013, 10:37 PM
And fine :( I'll let you do it.

LOL why so sad? You're gonna love it!

Dan Sabia
10-17-2013, 11:24 PM
my medals dont always register. for example, i just got 100/100 of my drive by kils and the award says complete. got no RP and it as not counted. if i back out of the game and rejoined i now need to get 2 more kills. same thing happened to the haircut medal. got 25 haicuts, backed out then i was back to only 1. did it again. backed out back to 14. WTF? might be something to note

littlejay
10-18-2013, 12:12 AM
Last night I got a lap time in criminal records of 23 seconds. Today I did 27 seconds and got a world record. Also yesterday I got a notification that a friend got a record at 24 seconds. I guess times reset each day or something.

edit: the friend I was racing with just got a world record with 29 seconds. I'd say it's random :p

spxyu02
10-18-2013, 02:50 AM
Last night I got a lap time in criminal records of 23 seconds. Today I did 27 seconds and got a world record. Also yesterday I got a notification that a friend got a record at 24 seconds. I guess times reset each day or something.

edit: the friend I was racing with just got a world record with 29 seconds. I'd say it's random :p

Yea, the world records are weird. I popped one at just under 24 seconds (that was the 2nd lap of a two lap race). I later went back and played it solo, displaying my personal best time, and it was 1.something, like that weird 1.6 world record time that so many of us saw while boosting this race for so long. So something is very, very screwy.

ServeChilled
10-18-2013, 09:39 AM
Vehicle Thief & Sky High

Race/Downtown Underground/GTA/Wanted Level OFF/Traffic ON

The first intersection after the stunt jump, all the power-ups are rockets which respawn. Blow up cars for Sky High.

The first main intersection from the start of game, Jack the cars that are stopped at the lights, the others will back up beings they cant get by. get in, get out. Vehicle Thief

make sure to turn the wanted level OFF.

You can check your stats while in the race.

if this was already posted sorry...

Barad
10-18-2013, 12:01 PM
I think it needs to be mentioned somewhere that earning a game mode related medal for your 30th medal may not unlock the achievement, you should save a medal that can be completed in freeroam to be your 30th to guarantee the achievement to unlock.

The Duke of Darkness
10-18-2013, 01:44 PM
I think it needs to be mentioned somewhere that earning a game mode related medal for your 30th medal may not unlock the achievement, you should save a medal that can be completed in freeroam to be your 30th to guarantee the achievement to unlock.

Its just as likely to happen if your 30th is in freeroam as in my experience any award earnt in freeroam doesn't add to the platinum count under unlocks until I do a job.

EDIT: Everyone that got The Record Holder randomly its because the Split time setting was on personal. I've played with over 20 randoms that didnt have the award and they all got it this way, it may take multiple races.

xhunterrrr
10-18-2013, 01:46 PM
Vehicle Thief & Sky High

Race/Downtown Underground/GTA/Wanted Level OFF/Traffic ON

The first intersection after the stunt jump, all the power-ups are rockets which respawn. Blow up cars for Sky High.

The first main intersection from the start of game, Jack the cars that are stopped at the lights, the others will back up beings they cant get by. get in, get out. Vehicle Thief

make sure to turn the wanted level OFF.

You can check your stats while in the race.

if this was already posted sorry...

Thanks for the tips!

ArrowsmithAK47
10-18-2013, 03:49 PM
Point Break and Stayed on Target can be combined easily. If you do the "Up in the Clouds" jump normally, it takes a little over 2 minutes. The first 2 checkpoints are steep so it's easy to pop your chute right away, then loiter in circles until you lose enough altitude to go through them; that will add more than enough time for a 3+ minute jump. Then do the rest normally and land in the target. You'll get credit toward both awards and around 1100 RP (depending on how well you hit the checkpoints).

The Duke of Darkness
10-18-2013, 04:12 PM
Point Break and Stayed on Target can be combined easily. If you do the "Up in the Clouds" jump normally, it takes a little over 2 minutes. The first 2 checkpoints are steep so it's easy to pop your chute right away, then loiter in circles until you lose enough altitude to go through them; that will add more than enough time for a 3+ minute jump. Then do the rest normally and land in the target. You'll get credit toward both awards and around 1100 RP (depending on how well you hit the checkpoints).

Its alot easier to get a 3 minute jump if you just ignore the checkpoints.

littlejay
10-18-2013, 05:16 PM
Just a note about the cargobob. I was in a match with a lvl 50, and a 44 and I was 62 and it still spawned on the south dock.

If you can't get a medal to complete (25 races) get another point towards the medal. I got my 25 races and it was acting up, so I quit and hosted another race and it completed.

1 more plat to go for me :D

XoNiNjAlEoNoX
10-18-2013, 05:24 PM

do it on terminal velocity. a lot simpler because it's just one target without checkpoints.

ArrowsmithAK47
10-18-2013, 09:58 PM
I didn't see this anywhere,so I thought I'd mention it. If you invite a stripper to your apartment, you have to select Y at the end of the dance and then ask for another. It doesn't count as another dance if you select X and get one immediately. You can also leave the dance early and it will still count. You should see RP at 5, 10, and 15 dances along the way if you're doing it right.

DEADHEAD60K
10-20-2013, 04:14 PM

Go to the airport and do it on the runway

ServeChilled
10-20-2013, 10:16 PM

I finished mine with a Gang Fight so this could be true as it did not unlock with my 25 deathmatch played.

ServeChilled
10-20-2013, 10:19 PM
Go to the airport and do it on the runway

p.s. I did it in Arms Race, when the race starts turn around and go to the back of the map then start. Maybe not needed but makes more than enuff room.

p.s.s I couldn't get it until I fully modded my bike

x360a user 999
10-21-2013, 03:13 AM
Is anyone else having problems with Full Metal Jacket (rob armored trucks)? My counter never goes up.

I throw or place stickied bomb on the back doors. I blow the doors. Then I grab the cash that drops out. Sometimes the whole truck gets blown up. Sometimes it drives away, dropping the cash.

I do end up with the cash, and I escape the cops. What am I doing wrong? Or is my game glitched?

JORDAN K 95
10-21-2013, 07:15 PM
currently at 20/30 even though ive actually got 22/30, hopefully this updates when i go back on my xbox. there are a fee okish ones left but they are soo boring like participate in 25 deathmathes, even with boositng i dont think i can sit though 25 of these.... :(

sorry if this has been mentioned before but 'kill 3 other players in a gta race and win' do they have to be separate players or can it be the same one?

Barad
10-21-2013, 07:16 PM
currently at 20/30 even though ive actually got 22/30, hopefully this updates when i go back on my xbox. there are a fee okish ones left but they are soo boring like participate in 25 deathmathes, even with boositng i dont think i can sit though 25 of these.... :(

I'm at 35 although I should be at 37 lol the 25 deathmatch/sea race/air race/dart wins are all boring as fuck, but easy platinum's at least.

And it can be the same player in GTA Race.

JORDAN K 95
10-21-2013, 07:21 PM
I'm at 35 although I should be at 37 lol the 25 deathmatch/sea race/air race/dart wins are all boring as fuck, but easy platinum's at least.

And it can be the same player in GTA Race.

thank you, 3 of them i should be able to get in my next session, but with winning. that will be very boring.. :/

oh and does it have to say 30 for the achievement to unlock? because if i have 22 and it shows 20, that means ill have to get 32 to get the achievement!

Necrophage33
10-21-2013, 08:59 PM
So I was thinking that since there's an "Easiest Gold Medals" thread for single player, maybe since there's one reserved spot left, you could make a quick list of the easiest 30 platinum medals. Of course, this can be entirely subjective for some of them, but from my experience so far these are the easiest I've seen:

Solo:
1. 25 haircuts - requires at most $6500 if you buy the cheapest ones
2. 25 outfits - requires ? money
3. 6-dart checkout - see the guide on page 1 of this thread
4. Birdies in golf - it's personal preference for which hole, but 3, 4, and 6 for me (go for hole in one each time as well)
5. No claims bonus - boring/time-consuming, but just drive around the airport
6. Private dances - requires $1000
7. Hold up Stores - required for the achievement anyway
8. Steal cars - GTA race, wanted level off, traffic on
9. Blow up cars - GTA race, wanted level off, traffic on, use rockets
10. Stayed on Target - use Terminal Velocity
11. 2000ft Wheelie - use the airport runway
12. 25 different races - switching between GTA and Standard also counts
13. 300ft jumps - Downtown Underground race with Super car
14. Every mod - just requires enough money
15. Pick up crates - should come over time while doing other things
16. Special crate - same as above
17. 10 Survival waves - needed for achievement anyway
18. Point Break - play Up In the Clouds and hold back the whole time

2 players required:
19. Win race w/ custom vehicle - need to do 5 for achievement anyway
20. Win races - Criminal Records, one lap (be sure to bet on yourself)
21. Penetrate from Behind - Criminal records, 2 laps, pass leader on last lap (be sure to bet on yourself)
22. World Record - Criminal Records, 2 laps, split times - world record
23. Fastest Lap - Criminal Records, 2 laps, second lap should do it
24. Betting wins - Criminal Records, 1 lap, loser must bet min on himself
25. Most Gang Attack kills - partner should let you get all/most kills
26. Most Survival kills - play one wave and get all/most kills
27. Spinderella - use Cargobob in videoguide
28. Flippin Hell - same as above
29. Aces in Tennis - second player lets you score on every serve
30. 5 set tennis match - same as above
31. Straight sets - same as above
32. Win in every game type - needed for Numero Uno achievement anyway
33. Road Rage - Criminal Records, 1 lap, GTA race, kill second player 3 times with rockets before winning

It seems to me that these take the least amount of time/are the quickest/come the most naturally while playing.

I just thought it might help people who read the list of all awards and tips, but it can be overwhelming seeing that many and knowing which ones to invest time into and which ones are the quickest and easiest. Of course, this can all change for someone who prefers to play deathmatch and would rather work on those (kills, headshots, weapons, etc). But from strictly an efficiently standpoint and not having to rely on other people/randoms, my feeling is that these are the easiest.

WeemanNewYork
10-21-2013, 11:03 PM
Does anyone know which map is best for sea race win?

JORDAN K 95
10-21-2013, 11:40 PM
it appears my medals are correct now (unless i misscounted)

So I was thinking that since there's an "Easiest Gold Medals" thread for single player, maybe since there's one reserved spot left, you could make a quick list of the easiest 30 platinum medals. Of course, this can be entirely subjective for some of them, but from my experience so far these are the easiest I've seen:

Solo:
4. Birdies in golf - it's personal preference for which hole, but 3, 4, and 6 for me (go for hole in one each time as well)

2 players required:

It seems to me that these take the least amount of time/are the quickest/come the most naturally while playing.

I just thought it might help people who read the list of all awards and tips, but it can be overwhelming seeing that many and knowing which ones to invest time into and which ones are the quickest and easiest. Of course, this can all change for someone who prefers to play deathmatch and would rather work on those (kills, headshots, weapons, etc). But from strictly an efficiently standpoint and not having to rely on other people/randoms, my feeling is that these are the easiest.

ill try these out tommorow, havent seen this special crate yet either..

dont mind this post. i am deleting the ones ive done as i go though

JustinMasonSS
10-22-2013, 07:13 AM

i did 25 lap dances and it still didnt pop up for my 30th

JuSt BLaZe
10-22-2013, 10:14 AM
i did 25 lap dances and it still didnt pop up for my 30th
Just do one more and you are good to go. One must have not counted as your thirtieth even if it says on the socialclub stats. Rather check the in-game stats!

Necrophage33
10-22-2013, 02:49 PM

Solo:
1. 25 haircuts - requires at most $6500 if you buy the cheapest ones
2. 25 outfits - requires ? money
6. Private dances - requires $1000
14. Every mod - just requires enough money
15. Pick up crates - should come over time while doing other things
17. 10 Survival waves - needed for achievement anyway

2 players required:
19. Win race w/ custom vehicle - need to do 5 for achievement anyway
20. Win races - Criminal Records, one lap (be sure to bet on yourself)
21. Penetrate from Behind - Criminal records, 2 laps, pass leader on last lap (be sure to bet on yourself)
22. World Record - Criminal Records, 2 laps, split times - world record
23. Fastest Lap - Criminal Records, 2 laps, second lap should do it
26. Most Survival kills - play one wave and get all/most kills
29. Aces in Tennis - second player lets you score on every serve
30. 5 set tennis match - same as above
31. Straight sets - same as above
32. Win in every game type - needed for Numero Uno achievement anyway
33. Road Rage - Criminal Records, 1 lap, GTA race, kill second player 3 times with rockets before winning

Actually I have yet to see any crates drop in any lobbies I've been in, so I'm taking them off the list as I know others also haven't been getting any crate drops. Added a couple others based on my experiences last night and added some more detail.

Solo:
1. 25 haircuts - requires at most $7500 if you buy the cheapest ones
2. 25 outfits - requires ~$2000 if you just buy tshirts, tank tops, etc
6. Private dances - requires $1000, start dance, quit dance, start dance, etc.
14. Every mod - just requires enough money and 50 race wins for chrome finish, which you'll likely get below from doing races for RP
15. 10 Survival waves - needed for achievement anyway
16. Point Break - play Up In the Clouds and hold back the whole time

2 players required:
17. Win race w/ custom vehicle - need to do 5 for achievement anyway
18. Win races - Criminal Records, one lap (be sure to bet on yourself)
19. Penetrate from Behind - Criminal records, 2 laps, pass leader on last lap (be sure to bet on yourself)
20. World Record - Criminal Records, 2 laps, split times - world record
21. Fastest Lap - Criminal Records, 2 laps, second lap should do it
22. Betting wins - Criminal Records, 1 lap, loser must bet min on himself
23. Most Gang Attack kills - partner should let you get all/most kills
24. Most Survival kills - play one wave and get all/most kills
25. Spinderella - use Cargobob in videoguide
26. Flippin Hell - same as above
27. Aces in Tennis - second player lets you score on every serve
28. 5 set tennis match - same as above (will take around 15 minutes per match)
29. Straight sets - same as above
30. Win in every game type - needed for Numero Uno achievement anyway
31. Road Rage - Criminal Records, 1 lap, GTA race, kill second player 3 times with rockets before winning
32. Ten-kill Streak - Morgue Deathmatch (smallest map I've played yet), kill each other 10 times in a row
33. Arm Wrestling Wins - very fast matches, win 25 in a row then switch
34. Granny (all targets same color) - target grid match, let each other flip all targets to one color, done in seconds

If anyone thinks any others are really quick/easy, let's add them to a list to go in the last reserved post on the first page.

Necrophage33
10-22-2013, 03:03 PM
Ok completely unrelated to my previous post, I'm having a hell of a time with Spinderella. I must have dropped from a Cargobob at max height at least 5-6 times last night and can't seem to get this one. I think the confusion for me is what type of rotation is required for Spinderella and for Flippin' hell.

There are three types of rotations to me: barrel rolls (self explanatory), flips (one end of the car over the other), and spins (as if you were making a continuous left- or right-handed turn).

My first drop, I did 10-15 barrel rolls on the way down. Unlocked Flippin' Hell. So apparently "flips" are referring to barrel rolls. The rest of the drops I tried spinning my vehicle and doing end-over-end flips and the highest I got the counter to is 4/5. Both rotations ("spins" and "flips" in my description above) don't seem to work well at all while falling. The car seems to have a tendency to barrel roll, but that's it. We tried releasing each other after swinging the car around, but neither of us could get Spinderella last night. Any advice/tips?

bassbrahhh
10-22-2013, 05:21 PM
try the gate launch glitch for the spinning medal. it takes a while but usually launches you out spinning instead of flipping. i got it in about 10 mins of trying.

GeneralGranko
10-22-2013, 05:42 PM
So, 19/30 medals, yet to get tattoos, 2 spins, and 35000/50000 money from betting (I would have already got it like even twice more than needed, but it didnīt count?!)

Necrophage33
10-22-2013, 05:48 PM
So, 19/30 medals, yet to get tattoos, 2 spins, and 35000/50000 money from betting (I would have already got it like even twice more than needed, but it didnīt count?!)

I don't understand. It that supposed to be a question? Or are you just updating us on your progress?

And yeah, I've had a bunch of awards not count. As in I completed them and when I go back online, they aren't completed anymore. So annoying. My betting, 300ft jumps, and race wins don't seem to want to save. They constantly drop back down.

GeneralGranko
10-22-2013, 06:29 PM
I don't understand. It that supposed to be a question? Or are you just updating us on your progress?

And yeah, I've had a bunch of awards not count. As in I completed them and when I go back online, they aren't completed anymore. So annoying. My betting, 300ft jumps, and race wins don't seem to want to save. They constantly drop back down.

Answer: Both, but more of a question - I have 36500/50000 money for the medal, yet I according to sociaclub I have 158k won through bets, now - since I have done like 200 races total, winning half - 100, and started to bet since I had like 50 won races, that seems even more than it should be (I should have like 60k won through bets anyway through).

So yeah, itīs definitely glitchy shit. Hopefully will get it tommorow.

Necrophage33
10-22-2013, 06:34 PM
Answer: Both, but more of a question - I have 36500/50000 money for the medal, yet I according to sociaclub I have 158k won through bets, now - since I have done like 200 races total, winning half - 100, and started to bet since I had like 50 won races, that seems even more than it should be (I should have like 60k won through bets anyway through).

So yeah, itīs definitely glitchy shit. Hopefully will get it tommorow.

Yeah none of my stats make sense on the social club because of the money glitching going on where I always have 96k when I sign on, no matter what I earned or spent in the previous session. So it says I've spent as much money as I've earned, yet I have 105k according to the social club (which has been wrong for a week).

My betting wins award has been all over the place too, and makes no sense based on reality nor on the social club stats.

Unfortunately, the social club seems to be almost unless for tracking online progress. It's bad enough getting online progress to actually save on the cloud servers, but getting that progress to be accurate on the social club? I haven't seen that since I beat the tutorial.

GeneralGranko
10-22-2013, 06:42 PM
Yeah none of my stats make sense on the social club because of the money glitching going on where I always have 96k when I sign on, no matter what I earned or spent in the previous session. So it says I've spent as much money as I've earned, yet I have 105k according to the social club (which has been wrong for a week).

My betting wins award has been all over the place too, and makes no sense based on reality nor on the social club stats.

Unfortunately, the social club seems to be almost unless for tracking online progress. It's bad enough getting online progress to actually save on the cloud servers, but getting that progress to be accurate on the social club? I haven't seen that since I beat the tutorial.

Yeah, itīs still pretty f*cked up, also I think both stats in the game and on socialclub are very inaccurate, all the cloud saving shit, gotta hate it...

skuff
10-22-2013, 11:02 PM
Finally got this tonight. Saved the haircuts till last, and it popped the second I got the 25th cut.

xhunterrrr
10-22-2013, 11:40 PM
Actually I have yet to see any crates drop in any lobbies I've been in, so I'm taking them off the list as I know others also haven't been getting any crate drops. Added a couple others based on my experiences last night and added some more detail.

Solo:
6. Private dances - requires $1000, start dance, quit dance, start dance, etc.
14. Every mod - just requires enough money and 50 race wins for chrome finish, which you'll likely get below from doing races for RP
15. 10 Survival waves - needed for achievement anyway
16. Point Break - play Up In the Clouds and hold back the whole time

2 players required:
17. Win race w/ custom vehicle - need to do 5 for achievement anyway
18. Win races - Criminal Records, one lap (be sure to bet on yourself)
19. Penetrate from Behind - Criminal records, 2 laps, pass leader on last lap (be sure to bet on yourself)
20. World Record - Criminal Records, 2 laps, split times - world record
21. Fastest Lap - Criminal Records, 2 laps, second lap should do it
22. Betting wins - Criminal Records, 1 lap, loser must bet min on himself
23. Most Gang Attack kills - partner should let you get all/most kills
24. Most Survival kills - play one wave and get all/most kills
25. Spinderella - use Cargobob in videoguide
26. Flippin Hell - same as above
27. Aces in Tennis - second player lets you score on every serve
28. 5 set tennis match - same as above (will take around 15 minutes per match)
29. Straight sets - same as above
30. Win in every game type - needed for Numero Uno achievement anyway
31. Road Rage - Criminal Records, 1 lap, GTA race, kill second player 3 times with rockets before winning
32. Ten-kill Streak - Morgue Deathmatch (smallest map I've played yet), kill each other 10 times in a row
33. Arm Wrestling Wins - very fast matches, win 25 in a row then switch
34. Granny (all targets same color) - target grid match, let each other flip all targets to one color, done in seconds

If anyone thinks any others are really quick/easy, let's add them to a list to go in the last reserved post on the first page.

Thanks for the excellent list! :D

I'll throw it into that last reserved post as soon as my computer finishes installing OS X Mavericks. Way too hard to format something like this list on my phone.

JORDAN K 95
10-23-2013, 12:43 AM
it says 28/30 so hopefully i dont have to do anymore than 2 to get the cheevo.

im rank 117 so if i rach rank 120 i can buy minigun and get plat,

ones i have planned

5 gang attacks in one day
drive for 30 mins without crashing
fly a helicopter for 4 hours

Barad
10-23-2013, 12:56 AM

Have fun with these two. :p

StarDreamer99
10-23-2013, 01:19 AM
it says 28/30 so hopefully i dont have to do anymore than 2 to get the cheevo.

im rank 117 so if i rach rank 120 i can buy minigun and get plat,

ones i have planned

5 gang attacks in one day

Drive for 30 minutes without crashing is best done at the airport (continuous circles around the runway). The 4 hour helicopter ride can be done by rubber banding your controller. Apart from the time required, these 2 are easy awards to get. Congrats on your pending 30 platinums. :drunk

leprekon
10-23-2013, 10:20 AM
I had to do 31 and last one I did in free roam to make sure it would pop

Necrophage33
10-23-2013, 03:51 PM

I'll throw it into that last reserved post as soon as my computer finishes installing OS X Mavericks. Way too hard to format something like this list on my phone.

No problem. I was thinking about changing it again anyway and taking Birdies and 6-dart Checkout off of there. Reason being that there not only doesn't seem to be a way to host these activities to guarantee you'll do them solo/with a friend, but there also wasn't a "rematch/replay" feature that I noticed. So every time I was in a solo session and went to golf or darts, it automatically put me into a public session with either another person, or hosting for others to join. And when I finished, I got kicked out of the activity and had to start it over again. This will make it a huge pain in the ass to play these activities over and over again. Granted, a second person doesn't hinder your playing in either activity, but for darts, not only do you have to wait for them to go, but if you screw up you have to finish the game and then start a new one. Likewise for golf, trying to set it for one hole to play that same hole over and over again.

At least for Arm Wrestling and Tennis you can definitely rematch against your current partner, once you're with someone you're boosting wins with.

Necrophage33
10-23-2013, 04:01 PM

Solo:
3. No claims bonus - boring/time-consuming, but just drive around the airport
4. Private dances - requires $1000, start dance, quit dance, start dance, etc.
5. Hold up Stores - required for the achievement anyway
6. Steal cars - GTA race, wanted level off, traffic on
7. Blow up cars - GTA race, wanted level off, traffic on, use rockets
8. Stayed on Target - use Terminal Velocity
9. 2000ft Wheelie - use the airport runway
10. 25 different races - switching between GTA and Standard also counts
11. 300ft jumps - Downtown Underground race with Super car
12. Every mod - just requires enough money and 50 race wins for chrome finish, which you'll likely get below from doing races for RP
13. 10 Survival waves - needed for achievement anyway
14. Point Break - play Up In the Clouds and hold back the whole time

2 players required:
15. Win race w/ custom vehicle - need to do 5 for achievement anyway
16. Win races - Criminal Records, one lap (be sure to bet on yourself)
17. Win GTA races - same as above, NOTE GTA races also count toward "races" above
18. Penetrate from Behind - Criminal records, 2 laps, pass leader on last lap (be sure to bet on yourself)
19. World Record - Criminal Records, 2 laps, split times - world record
20. Fastest Lap - Criminal Records, 2 laps, second lap should do it
21. Betting wins - Criminal Records, 1 lap, loser must bet min on himself
22. Most Gang Attack kills - partner should let you get all/most kills
23. Most Survival kills - play one wave and get all/most kills (needs 4 people)
24. Spinderella - use Cargobob in videoguide
25. Flippin Hell - same as above
26. Aces in Tennis - second player lets you score on every serve
27. 5 set tennis match - same as above (will take around 15 minutes per match)
28. Straight sets - same as above
29. Win in every game type - needed for Numero Uno achievement anyway
30. Road Rage - Criminal Records, 1 lap, GTA race, kill second player 3 times with rockets before winning
31. Ten-kill Streak - Morgue Deathmatch (smallest map I've played yet), kill each other 10 times in a row
32. Arm Wrestling Wins - very fast matches, win 25 in a row then switch
33. Granny (all targets same color) - target grid match, let each other flip all targets to one color, done in seconds

Ok I took out the golf and darts ones since, like I mentioned in my post above, don't seem to be as easy to boost and replay with someone else or solo.

Solo:
12. Every mod - just requires enough money and 50 race wins for chrome finish, which you'll likely get below from doing races for RP

2 players required:
17. Win GTA races - same as above, NOTE GTA races also count toward "races" above
18. Penetrate from Behind - Criminal records, 2 laps, pass leader on last lap (be sure to bet on yourself)
30. Road Rage - Criminal Records, 1 lap, GTA race, kill second player 3 times with rockets before winning
31. Ten-kill Streak - Morgue Deathmatch (smallest map I've played yet), kill each other 10 times in a row
33. Granny (all targets same color) - target grid match, let each other flip all targets to one color, done in seconds

JDMHatchG
10-23-2013, 05:17 PM
I've read through the 13 pages of this thread and can't find my answer so can anyone please tell me why some of these awards don't show up on the awards section of the stats page? Things like the 25 haircuts and snappy dresser etc?

I'm at 21 now and did 25 haircuts earlier and it didn't update to 22 but i'm hoping it will update next time I play. (Since I was at 19 yesterday and I did Mile High club and Unirider and they took about 12 hours to register)

GeneralGranko
10-23-2013, 05:19 PM
I've read through the 13 pages of this thread and can't find my answer so can anyone please tell me why some of these awards don't show up on the awards section of the stats page? Things like the 25 haircuts and snappy dresser etc?

I'm at 21 now and did 25 haircuts earlier and it didn't update to 22 but i'm hoping it will update next time I play. (Since I was at 19 yesterday and I did Mile High club and Unirider and they took about 12 hours to register)
It doesnīt ever show right away, you have to go away or go to singleplayer and then back to online, and it will be updated.
Atleast that is the way I have it, itīs not glitch like itīs not updating, you just have to get off online and get back and you will see it :)

Also I have a question - has anyone done the Hole in One? It is totally crazy, I almost always get close but never really done it, I have max strength and I already have gone from 1 to 25/25 birdies (and around 35 total tries) medal while trying for Hole in One, pretty good and getting the distances and stuff now but still canīt do it.

JDMHatchG
10-23-2013, 05:50 PM
Thanks for the reply dude but you answered the wrong part. Maybe it's the way I worded it. I know the stats don't update straight away...

My question was, why don't some of the platinum awards for certain things show up at all. For example, if this thread didn't exist, I never would have known that there was a platinum award for getting 25 haircuts. Because I can't see it anywhere on the 'awards' section. Same for the Snappy Dresser (25 outfits)

MOOGIE101
10-23-2013, 07:08 PM
Thanks for the reply dude but you answered the wrong part. Maybe it's the way I worded it. I know the stats don't update straight away...

My question was, why don't some of the platinum awards for certain things show up at all. For example, if this thread didn't exist, I never would have known that there was a platinum award for getting 25 haircuts. Because I can't see it anywhere on the 'awards' section. Same for the Snappy Dresser (25 outfits)

There are under "General" if I remember correctly.

xhunterrrr
10-23-2013, 07:10 PM

There are multiple pages for some award categories.

hamster3
10-23-2013, 07:11 PM
For "Suped Up" do I need to buy everything in one visit and do I need chrome for the secondary colour aswell? I purchased something for every part minus the explosives but it was over multiple visits to LS Customs.

JORDAN K 95
10-23-2013, 07:24 PM
finally have 30 platinum medals! :woop:

my final one was buying all guns from ammu-nation

not sure if this is answered, but do you have to actually buy everything!? or can you just pick it up, ive never bought the shotguns (except the free one) and diddnt buy the carbine rifle, i had them both on me and i bought the minigun then BAM achievement unlocked

Dante Kasai
10-23-2013, 07:31 PM
finally have 30 platinum medals! :woop:

my final one was buying all guns from ammu-nation

not sure if this is answered, but do you have to actually buy everything!? or can you just pick it up, ive never bought the shotguns (except the free one) and diddnt buy the carbine rifle, i had them both on me and i bought the minigun then BAM achievement unlocked

Before the patch if you were high enough level to "own" a gun and you picked it up, you kept it. Keeping it means "bought" to the game.

JDMHatchG
10-23-2013, 08:37 PM
There are multiple pages for some award categories.
This is the answer I was looking for... But how do I access them?

I thought this might be the case but I have tried all directional buttons and sticks and the left and right bumpers but couldn't find out how to switch the pages?

Forgive me if it's something obvious but I honestly can't find it :confused:

Necrophage33
10-23-2013, 08:45 PM
This is the answer I was looking for... But how do I access them?

I thought this might be the case but I have tried all directional buttons and sticks and the left and right bumpers but couldn't find out how to switch the pages?

Forgive me if it's something obvious but I honestly can't find it :confused:

First go into Awards (press A), then go to the category you want, General in this case, then press A again to go to the awards themselves. Now you can scroll through each award instead of just viewing the screen of page 1.

Hopefully this makes sense.

Necrophage33
10-23-2013, 09:07 PM

Actually I was thinking that it'd also be very beneficial to people to include along with that list an efficient grouping of awards, to know which ones to do at once, instead of doing a couple awards and then seeing another one and thinking "damn, I should have done this one back when I was doing that one!"

So here's what I was thinking: (note that I didn't include all of the awards on my list, only the ones that can be grouped with others to do at the same time)

1. Solo Freeroam

25 haircuts
25 outfits
every mod
private dances
hold up 20 stores
no claims bonus

Simply acquire these at your leisure in freeroam, when you have enough money.

2. Solo Race - Downtown Underground - GTA Race - Super Cars - One Lap - Traffic On - Wanted Level Off

300ft Jumps
Blow Up Cars
Steal Cars

Host this job solo, use rockets to blow up traffic cars during your races, and get the boost before the stunt jump. Each race will get you one of the 25 jumps, and a handful of blown up cars. When you're done with the 25 jumps, use respawning rockets to blow up cars and farm them. You can also get out of your car to steal cars stopped at traffic lights and don't have to worry about wanted level for either.

3. 2-Player Race - Criminal Records - GTA Race - Custom On - 2 Laps - Wanted Level Off - Traffic Off - Split Times Personal

Race Wins
GTA Race Wins
Win a Race with a Custom vehicle
Road Rage
Penetrate From Behind
Betting Wins
World Record
Fastest Lap

Host this job with a friend and set it to two laps. Alternate wins. GTA Race wins also count toward the Race Wins, so do both together. The winner will bet max on himself, the loser with bet min on himself. The winner will be in second place after the first lap, then pass the loser on the second. Also each person will take one turn using rockets to blow up the opponent 3 times before you win to unlock Road Rage. Do this until Penetrate from behind is complete. From then on, the winner will win both laps. Your second lap should be much faster than the first, and will get you Fastest Lap and most likely World Record if you keep at it. You should be close to platinum on betting wins by the time you get your 50 race wins. When you finish, you should have earned plenty of money to use for the medals in section 1 above.

4. 2-Player Tennis - 5 Sets

25 Aces in Tennis
Win a 5 set match
Win with straight sets

Host the match and have one player win every game and every set. This will take 15 minutes per 5-set match. You need to win 3 sets, and 6 games per set. The winner will get an ace on every serve. When the loser is serving, return the serve and score a point there. You'll have to play through two 5-set matches, but you'll both easily get your 25 aces by the time you're done, and you'll both have all three platinums.

5. 2-Player Deathmatch - Morgue - Max Time Limit - Max Kill Limit

500 Headshots
500 Pistol Kills
3-For-1
Streaker
Deathmatch Kills
Killstreaker
Equalizer
Tattoo every body part

These aren't on my list, but if you wanted to boost medals in deathmatch, this is how I would set it up: 2 players, smallest map possible. Every kill should be a pistol headshot. First one player will kill the other 10 tens, then switch and repeat. Now take turns killing each other 3 times in a row, then switching. Three kills in a row gives you 3-to-1, and killing someone after they killed you three times gives you Equalizer. By the time you reach 500 headshots/pistol kills, you'll have gotten the other 5 platinums. I included Tattoo every body part because 500 headshots is required to unlock the head tattoo, which then allows you to get this easy (yet expensive) platinum medal. Naturally, instead of pistol kills, you can do it with whichever weapon type you want, but stick with one for 500 kills and 500 headshots.

That's a relatively simple 28 platinums right there. That's not including other easy ones on my list that can be done solo or quickly boosted with another person.

JDMHatchG
10-24-2013, 09:12 AM
Weapon 7 - Ended in a sticky situation, is only 50 kills!

ffm.piranha
10-24-2013, 09:26 AM

25 Aces in Tennis
Win a 5 set match
Win with straight sets

Host the match and have one player win every game and every set. This will take 15 minutes per 5-set match. You need to win 3 sets, and 6 games per set. The winner will get an ace on every serve. When the loser is serving, return the serve and score a point there. You'll have to play through two 5-set matches, but you'll both easily get your 25 aces by the time you're done, and you'll both have all three platinums.

Hi, thanks for your work ...

I do have a question regarding Tennis ...
Win with straight sets - Does this mean you can't lose a set or do you have to win three sets in a 5 set match without losing a point (e.g. 6:0) ?
Because from my understanding you have to win a match without losing a set ... At least that is what the description says ...
If so, you can't win this award while doing the 5-set and win award ...
Is somebody here who could tell me if this is true?

Thanks in advance ...

StarDreamer99
10-24-2013, 09:57 AM

Win with straight sets - Does this mean you can't lose a set or do you have to win three sets in a 5 set match without losing a point (e.g. 6:0) ?
Because from my understanding you have to win a match without losing a set ... At least that is what the description says ...

Thanks in advance ...

I did not do the straight sets or 5 set tennis awards, but I'm almost 100% certain your understanding is correct. For one person to get these 2 awards, you'd have to play a total of 8 sets (3 + 5). Assuming that your partner needs the awards as well, that's a total of 16 sets required ... a pretty time consuming process.

My recommendations ...

Victory

The Champion - win races [50] --> takes awhile, but is required to fully mod your cars
In A Class Of Your Own - win a race in a custom vehicle [1] --> easy
Penetrate From Behind - move from last to race winner in any race mode [20] --> should occur naturally when working on your 50 race wins
The Record Holder - hold a world record in a Rockstar race [1] --> a mysterious glitch should give this too you if you do enough races
Dust Maker - achieve the fastest lap in a race [25] --> should occur naturally when working on the 50 race wins
Every Race - win every type of race mode at least once [1] --> relatively easy
Survivor - finish waves in survival [10] --> required for an achievement
Over The Top - win arm wrestling [25] --> quick to do if you have a partner to trade wins with
Granny - color all the targets in a target grid match [1] --> can be done quickly
All Rounder - win every game mode at least once [1] --> required for an achievement

General

Veteran Racer - participate in 25 different races [25] --> relatively easy; just visit each unchecked race on your map until you have tried 25 unique race types
Point Break - stay in the air for over 3 minutes while parachuting [25] --> easy to do, but a bit time consuming
Stayed On Target - use the brakes for accurate and safe landing (parachuting) [25] --> easy and quick to do; can be done at the same time as Point Break
Birdies - sink birdies in golf [25] --> relatively quick if you are semi-good at golf
Ace - serve aces in tennis [20] --> quick to do if you have a trading partner
The Hustler - win bets [$50,000] --> if you have a trading partner, work on this while working on the other racin awards; eas to d if yo knw whois going to win :)
Lapping It Up - private dances at the strip club [25] > easy to do; suggest inviting a stripper to your apartment to get free lap dances
Crate Chaser - get to crate drops first [25] --> easy to do once you actually are able to see the crate drops
Snapper Dresser - wear 25 different outfits [25] --> very easy to get
Hairy Encounters - change hairstyle [25] --> easy to get; haircuts don't need to be unique

Crimes

When Pigs Can Fly - shoot police choppers down [25] --> suggest using a chopper and fire the missles to shoot down police choppers while working on Sky High
Vehicle Thief - steal vehicles [500] --> takes awhile, but easy to do
Full Metal Jacket - rob armored trucks [25] --> easy to do, but might take awhile to encounter 25 armored trucks
Armed Robber - hold up every store [20] --> relatively easy and required to get an achievement

Vehicle

Sky High - blow up vehicles [500] --> takes awhile; suggest using a chopper's endless supply of missles to destroy police cars as you fly along highways (use lock-on ability)
The Exporter - sell vehicles to the import/export garage [25] --> takes awhile, but is easy to do; suggest doing this mostly in a private or solo session
No Claims Bonus - drive for 30 consecutive minutes without damage to your car [30] --> boring, but easy to do; suggest doing this on the runways of the airports
Mile High Club - spend time in a helicopter [4 hours] --> easy to do, especially if you use a helicopter to grind some of the other awards; suggest rubber banding your controller to finish up the remaining time needed
Suped Up - apply each type of mod to one vehicle [1] --> requires a lot of race wins and cash; otherwise, it's easy to get
Airborne - land jumps over 300 feet in a road vehicle [25] --> easy to get, especially in a fast car
Unirider - wheelie for over 2000 feet [1] --> easy and quick to get using the right motorcycle; suggest doing this at the airport on the long runways

Combat

Killstreaker - earn a 10+ killstreak in deathmatch [1] --> easy and quick to get if you have a trading partner
Smoke 'Em Out - get the most kills during a gang attack [1] --> easy and quick to get
Bloodiest Of The Bunch - get the most kills in a 4 player survival [1] --> if you play enough survival missions, this should come naturally

Dante Kasai
10-24-2013, 10:45 AM

Thanks in advance ...

I wasn't paying attention and accidentally let my partner score a point here and there, but he didn't win any games. I still got the Straight Sets award. Basically you must win the match without letting your opponent get a single game. (Not letting them get a single point would be nigh impossible)

The Duke of Darkness
10-24-2013, 10:47 AM

Thanks in advance ...

Don't lose a set. If you win a 5 set match without your opponent winning a set you'll get both awards, not sure why you think otherwise:confused:. The conditions would be met for both.

ThunderingLefty
10-24-2013, 10:49 AM
Straight sets in a 5 set match is winning the first 3 sets. You can win 6-0, 6-0, 6-0, or 6-5, 6-5, 6-5.

Its basically best 3 out of 5 sets, you win the first 3 and its game over since they cant win more than 2 sets to beat you. If you ace every serve, and you 'return ace' every of their serves, it takes about 30 minutes per person.

StarDreamer99
10-24-2013, 11:00 AM
Straight sets in a 5 set match is winning the first 3 sets. You can win 6-0, 6-0, 6-0, or 6-5, 6-5, 6-5.

Its basically best 3 out of 5 sets, you win the first 3 and its game over since they cant win more than 2 sets to beat you. If you ace every serve, and you 'return ace' every of their serves, it takes about 30 minutes per person.

Thanks, for the clarification. Based on the wording, I thought winning a 5 set match meant having to win a match that actually went to 5 sets. The description said "Endurance is required for this epic battle. Win a 5 set match.". IMO, the description is quite misleading.

ffm.piranha
10-24-2013, 11:38 AM
Thanks, for the clarification. Based on the wording, I thought winning a 5 set match meant having to win a match that actually went to 5 sets. The description said "Endurance is required for this epic battle. Win a 5 set match.". IMO, the description is quite misleading.

You're right, it's a bit misleading, at least for people who don't play Tennis ...
I do play Tennis (OK, I did when I was younger ...), and so I know that there is no way to win 5 sets in a row because if a player scores his third set the match is over. A 5 set match is only possible when every player has won 2 sets and the the fifth set will decide who wins ...

So, it's not possible to get the 5-set-match award and the Win-with-straight-sets award at the same time ...
Like StarDreamer99 said: you'd have to play a total of 8 sets for both awards ...

ThunderingLefty
10-24-2013, 12:06 PM
You're right, it's a bit misleading, at least for people who don't play Tennis ...
I do play Tennis (OK, I did when I was younger ...), and so I know that there is no way to win 5 sets in a row because if a player scores his third set the match is over. A 5 set match is only possible when every player has won 2 sets and the the fifth set will decide who wins ...

So, it's not possible to get the 5-set-match award and the Win-with-straight-sets award at the same time ...
Like StarDreamer99 said: you'd have to play a total of 8 sets for both awards ...

YES YOU CAN.

Win a 5 set match. To win that, win 3 sets.
Win in straight sets. In a 1 set match, win 1 set. In a 3 set match, win 2 sets, In a 5 set match, win 3 sets.
Get both at once. Play a 5 set match, win 3 sets (and lose 0 sets)

Only 3 sets are required.

You can even get the ACE award. Get 3 platinums in one game. Play a 5 set match, win 3 sets, lose 0 sets, every serve is an ace.

xhunterrrr
10-24-2013, 12:25 PM
YES YOU CAN.

Win a 5 set match. To win that, win 3 sets.
Win in straight sets. In a 1 set match, win 1 set. In a 3 set match, win 2 sets, In a 5 set match, win 3 sets.
Get both at once. Play a 5 set match, win 3 sets (and lose 0 sets)

Only 3 sets are required.

You can even get the ACE award. Get 3 platinums in one game. Play a 5 set match, win 3 sets, lose 0 sets, every serve is an ace.

You aren't playing five sets if you win three in a row, though.

Also, I can guarantee winning 1 set to win the game will not get you the straight sets award.

JDMHatchG
10-24-2013, 12:27 PM
You aren't playing five sets if you win three in a row, though.

Also, I can guarantee winning 1 set to win the game will not get you the straight sets award.
You don't need to play 5 sets though. You just need to win a 5 set match. Which you would do if you won the first 3 in a row.

JDMHatchG
10-24-2013, 12:34 PM
I just got my Decorated cheevo after getting a 10 kill streak in a deathmatch for my 30th platinum. Which i'm happy about after reading that some of you did not get it from a 'game mode related' award.

I just have Numero Uno left and then i'm done!

If anyone needs any help at all with any achievements including boosting or needs mugging etc then just shoot me a FR.

ThunderingLefty
10-24-2013, 12:36 PM
You don't need to play 5 sets though. You just need to win a 5 set match. Which you would do if you won the first 3 in a row.

Precisely. 5 sets is the longest the match can go, but I can end sooner. Somewhat poor example but baseball games don't end at exactly 9 innings (lets ignore extra innings in this example). If the home team is winning after the top of the 9th ends, the game is over. The home team doesnt need to bat in the bottom of the 9th, they cant be beaten.

In a 5 set match you cant win 5 sets. You can only win 3. Win the first 3, and you dont have to play a 4th or 5th set.

It says "win a 5 set match." To do that, win 3 sets. If you had to win 5 sets in a match, you would have to play a 9 set match. Not possible.

Play a 5 set match, win the first 3 sets. You get the 5 set match platinum.
If you win those first 3 sets, you get the straight sets platinum too.
If you serve all aces (4 per game, 3 games per set, 3 sets) thats 36 aces. I think you need 25 for platinum, and you get that as well.

xhunterrrr
10-24-2013, 12:37 PM
Precisely. 5 sets is the longest the match can go, but I can end sooner. Somewhat poor example but baseball games don't end at exactly 9 innings (lets ignore extra innings in this example). If the home team is winning after the top of the 9th ends, the game is over. The home team doesnt need to bat in the bottom of the 9th, they cant be beaten.

In a 5 set match you cant win 5 sets. You can only win 3. Win the first 3, and you dont have to play a 4th or 5th set.

It says "win a 5 set match." To do that, win 3 sets. If you had to win 5 sets in a match, you would have to play a 9 set match. Not possible.

Play a 5 set match, win the first 3 sets. You get the 5 set match platinum.
If you win those first 3 sets, you get the straight sets platinum too.
If you serve all aces (4 per game, 3 games per set, 3 sets) thats 36 aces. I think you need 25 for platinum, and you get that as well.

You could win a 5 set match with 5 sets. Win 2, opponent wins 2, you win the last.

ThunderingLefty
10-24-2013, 12:40 PM
You could win a 5 set match with 5 sets. Win 2, opponent wins 2, you win the last.

Fine, you win. Waste your time. Play a 5 set match trading sets so you win 3 sets to 2 sets. Then play another 5 set match and win the first 3 sets. Go play it your way.

xhunterrrr
10-24-2013, 12:41 PM
Fine, you win. Waste your time. Play a 5 set match trading sets so you win 3 sets to 2 sets. Then play another 5 set match and win the first 3 sets. Go play it your way you retard.

Aaaaaaand here comes the unnecessary aggression.

But first, I wasn't telling you that you were WRONG in that post with respect to only needing to win 3/5. I was merely pointing out that you can win a 5-set match with 5 sets, not 9.

ThunderingLefty
10-24-2013, 12:45 PM
Aaaaaaand here comes the unnecessary aggression.

But first, I wasn't telling you that you were WRONG in that post with respect to only needing to win 3/5. I was merely pointing out that you can win a 5-set match with 5 sets, not 9.

No, you are arguing just to argue. I'm done with you. And I couldnt care less if you report me. Big fucking deal.

StarDreamer99
10-24-2013, 12:46 PM

Well, according to some here, they have won the 5 set platinum award by playing only 3 sets. If that is in deed the case, then the wording on the award is very misleading (or plain wrong). Something like "Win a best of 5 match" would accurately describe the requirements. If winning in 3 straight sets, 6-0, 6-0, and 6-0 is sufficient, then I fail to see how this is an "epic sporting battle" requiring "endurance". That's basically the only point I am making.

xhunterrrr
10-24-2013, 12:46 PM
-snip-

Would you rather me use this list of grouped awards or the list of the easiest awards as the basis for my third post?

Thanks for all the hard work!

Well, according to some here, they have won the 5 set platinum award by playing only 3 sets. If that is in deed the case, then the wording on the award is very misleading (or plain wrong). Something like "Win a best of 5 match" would accurately describe the requirements. If winning in 3 straight sets, 6-0, 6-0, and 6-0 is sufficient, then I fail to see how this is an "epic sporting battle" requiring "endurance".

That is why I don't see the 5-set match award requiring only winning the first 3 sets because then you are left with two awards that are basically the same.

I am curious to hear from someone who has actually completed the award. As of right now, it appears this is all speculation since no one has said if they have the award and how they actually got it.

ThunderingLefty
10-24-2013, 12:53 PM
Would you rather me use this list of grouped awards or the list of the easiest awards as the basis for my third post?

Thanks for all the hard work!

That is why I don't see the 5-set match award requiring only winning the first 3 sets because then you are left with two awards that are basically the same.

I am curious to hear from someone who has actually completed the award. As of right now, it appears this is all speculation since no one has said if they have the award and how they actually got it.

I've won 3 sets in a row, in a 5 set match and gotten all 3 platinums on 2 separate profiles. Happy?

I've also lost a 5 set match by losing the first 3 sets and those people have gotten 3 platinums.

xhunterrrr
10-24-2013, 12:54 PM
I've won 3 sets in a row, in a 5 set match and gotten all 3 platinums on 2 separate profiles. Happy?

Yes, thank you. Now we all know how it actually works with proof that someone earned the awards.

ThunderingLefty
10-24-2013, 12:57 PM
Yes, thank you. Now we all know how it actually works with proof that someone earned the awards.

Common sense proves how it actually works.

JDMHatchG
10-24-2013, 01:12 PM
They aren't the same though.

Because like you said you could still win the 5 set match after playing the full 5 sets. (which would be an epic battle of endurance) but not win by straight sets.

So the 2 awards are nothing alike.

They are only similar if you boost them and the other guy just stands there and lets you win 3 in a row.

Which is the whole point of the conversation lol. To get them all in one go...

Necrophage33
10-24-2013, 02:04 PM
Jesus, I didn't expect such a long arguement/debate over such a simple topic.

Seems like it's been resolved, but I can also confirm I got all 3 awards in one 5-set game, which is why I grouped them together in my post anyway.

For whoever is saying the award is misleading for "win a 5 set tennis match," well I guess it is if you don't understand tennis, but even if you wanted to win a 3-set tennis match, you only have to win 2 sets. The "best of" part is implied because that's how tennis works. So to win a 5-set tennis match, you will only ever have to win 3, never 5 sets, because that's not possible.

And yes, the two awards are different. For "straight sets," you obviously need to set up a tennis match with more than one set (so either 3 or 5 sets), and win the match without losing a single set. You can lose games along the way, just as long as you never lose a set. For example when I did it, my first set I won, but I had won 7 games of it and lost 5. All that matters is you win the set. So for straight sets, the minimum match is a 3-set match, where you'd have to win 2 sets in a row for this platinum medal. But it's more efficient to set it to 5-sets and just win that third set in a row to get both platinums medals at the same time. And again, I can 100% confirm that this is how both platinum medals work. You only need to win 3 sets to win a 5-set tennis match.

JDMHatchG
10-24-2013, 02:10 PM
Agreed. It's not really misleading if you have any idea of how 95% of sport works. Snooker is exactly the same. You never have to win 19 frames of a 19 frame match. It's best of.

Necrophage33
10-24-2013, 02:12 PM
[QUOTE=xhunterrrr;6060752]Would you rather me use this list of grouped awards or the list of the easiest awards as the basis for my third post?

Thanks for all the hard work![QUOTE]

Will both fit? I think people will benefit the most from both. Being able to see a list of the easiest 30-35 to work on, and then seeing the most efficient ways to go about grouping them together.

Regarding the other guy who posted a list of which ones he recommended, there was a reason I didn't include a bunch of them:

Anything golf or darts related - no replay feature and no guarantee to get put with your boosting partner/solo each time

Robbing Armored Trucks - having to avoid the cops each time is a hassle

Crate Drops - seems to be spotty at unlocking so I didn't want people to rely on this one. I'm level 62 and still haven't unlocked it

Sell Cars to the Garage - again, having to avoid the cops each time is a hassle, plus you have to sit around and wait for prompts

Like I said before, I was trying to give a list of the most painless, quickest, and easiest ones to do, i.e. ones that don't require much if any skill, ones that don't rely on luck, ones that have the least amount of risk/stress, etc. But like I also said, it can be an entirely subjective list too, so to each his own.

Necrophage33
10-24-2013, 02:18 PM
Unrelated to this discussion, for the "Get the most kills in a Survival Match," do you definitely need 4 people to get this award? Only reason I ask is because the in-game medal (and likewise on the social club) simply says "Get the most kills in a Survival Match" and doesn't mention anything about requiring 4 people. Yet in the list on page 1 of this guide says "Get the most kills in a 4 player Survival Match." Maybe it's somewhere amongst all these pages, but just curious if anyone unlocked this platinum medal with only 2 people, or if it's been confirmed that you definitely need 4 people and the medal title is misleading/wrong.

Along those lines, the "Most kills in a Gang Attack" can definitely be done with only 2 people right?

The Duke of Darkness
10-24-2013, 02:31 PM
Unrelated to this discussion, for the "Get the most kills in a Survival Match," do you definitely need 4 people to get this award? Only reason I ask is because the in-game medal (and likewise on the social club) simply says "Get the most kills in a Survival Match" and doesn't mention anything about requiring 4 people. Yet in the list on page 1 of this guide says "Get the most kills in a 4 player Survival Match." Maybe it's somewhere amongst all these pages, but just curious if anyone unlocked this platinum medal with only 2 people, or if it's been confirmed that you definitely need 4 people and the medal title is misleading/wrong.

Along those lines, the "Most kills in a Gang Attack" can definitely be done with only 2 people right?

Yeah 2 people for gang attack. Do you have the survival award? I'm sure it says in a 4 player survival, maybe the wording changes after you get it.

xhunterrrr
Will both fit? I think people will benefit the most from both. Being able to see a list of the easiest 30-35 to work on, and then seeing the most efficient ways to go about grouping them together.

Regarding the other guy who posted a list of which ones he recommended, there was a reason I didn't include a bunch of them:

Anything golf or darts related - no replay feature and no guarantee to get put with your boosting partner/solo each time

Robbing Armored Trucks - having to avoid the cops each time is a hassle

Crate Drops - seems to be spotty at unlocking so I didn't want people to rely on this one. I'm level 62 and still haven't unlocked it

Sell Cars to the Garage - again, having to avoid the cops each time is a hassle, plus you have to sit around and wait for prompts

Like I said before, I was trying to give a list of the most painless, quickest, and easiest ones to do, i.e. ones that don't require much if any skill, ones that don't rely on luck, ones that have the least amount of risk/stress, etc. But like I also said, it can be an entirely subjective list too, so to each his own.

I'll see what I can do this afternoon to get both to fit in 10,000 characters.

Hmmm, I thought it said 4 player survival when I was listing them all. I could be wrong. Can anyone verify whether it is 4 player or not?

As for gang attacks, it can be done with 2.

Necrophage33
My recommendations ...

You don't have many that are different than mine, but to add to my list of efficient groupings, that brought up another good possibility to me:

6. Solo - Free Roam - Buzzard Helicopter Required

When Pigs Can Fly
Sky High
Mile High Club
The Fugitive
The Police Mocker

Play in a solo session so you don't have to deal with other people. Steal a Buzzard Helicopter (comes with miniguns and unlimited missiles). Use your missiles to blow up cars around town. When the police show up, blow up their cars. When the police choppers show up, alternate between blowing up choppers and blowing up cars. Eventually you'll earn a 5-star wanted level. You can maintain this wanted level for The Fugitive, and/or continually escape it in your helicopter for The Police Mocker. By the time you're done with When Pigs Can Fly and Sky High, you should be more than halfway done with Mile High Club and can rubber band your controller for the remaining time.

troy0891 x360a
10-24-2013, 02:50 PM
What's the deal guys? Why is there a need to have such an antagonistic argument? Can you try to be a little more patient and civil? You're both behaving poorly.

JDMHatchG
10-24-2013, 02:57 PM
Hmmm, I thought it said 4 player survival when I was listing them all. I could be wrong. Can anyone verify whether it is 4 player or not?
I'm sure it does specify a 4 player survival!

ollie086
10-24-2013, 03:37 PM
Nick of time platinum award guide.
Grand Theft Auto 5 Online: "Nick of Time" Platinum Award (GTA 5 Decorated Achievement / Trophy) - YouTube

WatchThemFlee89
10-24-2013, 05:03 PM
Does anyone know which sea and air race is the quickest?

JDMHatchG
10-24-2013, 05:17 PM
For sea race I quite like 'Truss Issues'. I can do it 1 second slower than the world record which is 57 seconds. You get a lot of RP too. (I get about 2900rp at rank 122)

WatchThemFlee89
10-24-2013, 07:22 PM
For sea race I quite like 'Truss Issues'. I can do it 1 second slower than the world record which is 57 seconds. You get a lot of RP too. (I get about 2900rp at rank 122)

Cool. Thanks! I'll try that one.

Koldomordor
10-24-2013, 07:36 PM
To get the platinum for "Penetrate from Behind", you need to complete the challenge 25 times not 20 like the guide says.

BTW, great and very helpful guide.

Thanks.

xhunterrrr
10-25-2013, 03:45 AM
Updated the two awards with correct amounts for completion.

And I promise to get to that third post this weekend. I've just been extremely busy with classes.

ServeChilled
10-25-2013, 04:09 AM
Fine, you win. Waste your time. Play a 5 set match trading sets so you win 3 sets to 2 sets. Then play another 5 set match and win the first 3 sets. Go play it your way.

Bro, trust me he's right. I thot the same thing beings it says something like "win a grueling 5 set match" which makes it seem as if you need to go the full 5 set. WRONG, set it for 5, win the first 3 sets and you'll get both. And the aces if you ace everything, which is the quickest any ways.

Koldomordor
10-25-2013, 07:56 AM
Hmmm, I thought it said 4 player survival when I was listing them all. I could be wrong. Can anyone verify whether it is 4 player or not?.

It is 4 player... we tried with 3 people and did not work.

Also, they are 25 Ace services not 20.

Thanks.

Jane Starfish
10-25-2013, 06:27 PM
There is a building you can glitch into and be fully safe from gun fire in Vinewood.

This helps huge with the various police awards.

The helicopters and 5 star are cake using this building.

Also you can easily take down a police heli if you shoot the back blade off.

Sorry if it has already been posted.

wcrawford
10-26-2013, 12:13 PM
If anyone wants to boost platnums message me eecom crawford

xhunterrrr
10-26-2013, 01:56 PM
If anyone wants to boost platnums message me eecom crawford

Please use the achievement trading thread for this: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=514182

skeebear
10-26-2013, 02:38 PM
Sorry if this has already been asked but with regards to the Every Race medal (Win every type of race mode once), just how many different race kinds are there to get this? Does it mean I just have to win one of each of the Race, Air, Water, Rally and point to points races? Or do you have to do all races with all different settings (GTA etc)

Thanks for any info

JDMHatchG
10-26-2013, 04:00 PM
Yes you need to win a GTA race as well.

As well as the ones you mentioned. Land race (PTP, GTA and Rally) an Air Race and a Sea Race.

TheSpe3Der
10-27-2013, 03:33 PM
For those who didn't get their platinum for the World Record on the first couple of days, there's an unhacked course that you could get it on. Go to Power Trip and put it on Rally Mode. The only bad part is that on Rally Mode, the co-driver is given the platinum, not the driver. I already got the record for 3 of my friends, but my time should be possible to beat. I used a tuned up Akuma, but I think the Bati might be faster because of the higher top speed, and the course doesn't have too many corners in it.

GeneralGranko
10-27-2013, 04:54 PM
Got 30/30 platinums but no cheevo, I also did the last platinum in freeroam, that sucks. Need a level 22-32 (for cargobob) to help me get the Flippin Heck.

GT: xX forEV3R Xx

xhunterrrr
10-27-2013, 05:01 PM
Got 30/30 platinums but no cheevo, I also did the last platinum in freeroam, that sucks. Need a level 22-32 (for cargobob) to help me get the Flippin Heck.

GT: xX forEV3R Xx

Please use the achievement trading thread: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=514182

GeneralGranko
10-27-2013, 05:04 PM
Please use the achievement trading thread: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=514182
I know Iīm not stupid, I used this message as both "HELP ME" and to update on the whole platinum not unlocking at 30/85, because it apparently doesnīt unlock at 30 platinums even if you do the last one in freeroam..

ffm.piranha
10-28-2013, 08:50 AM
I know Iīm not stupid, I used this message as both "HELP ME" and to update on the whole platinum not unlocking at 30/85, because it apparently doesnīt unlock at 30 platinums even if you do the last one in freeroam..

It unlocked for me yesterday, at the exact same moment when I hit my 30th medal (buying clothes). I saved this one to be my 30th medal because I wanted to make sure to be in Freeroam when obtaining it and it worked like a charm ...

Not sure what you could do except for getting another one in Freeroam ...

GeneralGranko
10-28-2013, 01:00 PM
It unlocked for me yesterday, at the exact same moment when I hit my 30th medal (buying clothes). I saved this one to be my 30th medal because I wanted to make sure to be in Freeroam when obtaining it and it worked like a charm ...

Not sure what you could do except for getting another one in Freeroam ...
Yeah I did get another one in freeroam, it unlocked, yet it is so f*cking stupid that even if you unlock the 30th one in freeroam, it still might not unlock..

SLEEPYvsPSYCHO
10-28-2013, 04:59 PM
Never mind.
It unlocked at 31 :)

Necrophage33
10-28-2013, 07:15 PM
Yeah I did get another one in freeroam, it unlocked, yet it is so f*cking stupid that even if you unlock the 30th one in freeroam, it still might not unlock..

I have a feeling it doesn't unlock until it saves to the Cloud properly with all of your medals. It seems like every time someone has a problem like this, they get their 30th medal and are pissed that they didn't get the achievement right away. I wonder if leaving your game on, or leaving and coming back later, will cause it to pop then once everything is saved and uploaded properly. Not justifying this problem at all, just wondering if this is a possible fix/explanation, rather than having to unlock a 31st platinum medal.

Unrelated, can someone please detail what exactly is required for the platinum medal for applying all mods to a vehicle? Reason I'm asking is cause I took a car in just to see what I'd have to pay to apply every mod, and now I'm confused on exactly what I need. Main points of confusion is on the respraying. It's been said everywhere that you have to win 50 races first to unlock the chrome spray, but why is this required? Isn't chrome just another spray for the primary or secondary coat? And if it is required, do I need to do the chrome finish for both the primary and secondary color? Also, do I need to pay the 25k to have my crew emblem put on my car? (assuming no here, since I don't think you'd have to be in a crew to get this medal) Hopefully you don't need all three, cause 75k for stuff that is only cosmetic is pretty damn expensive.

For the achievement in single player, I had so much money I just bought everything until the achievement unlock. Here, I don't want to just throw money away since I don't have much.

XoNiNjAlEoNoX
10-28-2013, 09:52 PM
If you go to the in game online tab and then under unlocks, there's a counter for platinum awards. Sometimes, I would unlock one and the counter didn't go up but when I back out and restart online, the counter went up and the award counted. I then backed out again to save my progress. Maybe a server mess up and the reason for not unlocking the achievement?
Iirc the awards didn't count because I was in a match and not in Freemode. They might take a while to register when in a match. So, I suggest when you're at 29 awards, back out to save, and get last award in Freemode.

norbi2010
10-29-2013, 03:08 PM
Where is the best place to get Spinderella? The gate glitch doesn't work for me.:/
I have 29/30 platinum.

Necrophage33
10-29-2013, 06:42 PM
Where is the best place to get Spinderella? The gate glitch doesn't work for me.:/
I have 29/30 platinum.

The BEST place is with a second person using a Cargobob helicopter. The video of this is in the guide on page 1. You'll need someone below level 40 to get a reliable spawn of it though.

Necrophage33
10-29-2013, 06:45 PM
If you go to the in game online tab and then under unlocks, there's a counter for platinum awards. Sometimes, I would unlock one and the counter didn't go up but when I back out and restart online, the counter went up and the award counted. I then backed out again to save my progress. Maybe a server mess up and the reason for not unlocking the achievement?
Iirc the awards didn't count because I was in a match and not in Freemode. They might take a while to register when in a match. So, I suggest when you're at 29 awards, back out to save, and get last award in Freemode.

Similarly, I had an issue with the "Participate in 25 Different Races" medal. Once I participated in 25, I looked at my awards and it said 25/25 or complete or whatever, but the status bar was still there and empty, as if I hadn't done any races, and the word "Complete" wasn't across the bottom of the picture like it's supposed to be. It also didn't add to my tally in the Unlocks -> General tab. I had to go do another race and then it decided to count properly. Although my playing another race may have finally forced the save and caused it to register properly.

KFZ Scrubs
10-30-2013, 06:13 AM
How the hell do you get a hole in one in this? I'm about to youtube it

ServeChilled
10-30-2013, 07:00 AM

hole 6, driver...

the_b1ues
10-31-2013, 01:00 AM
Anyone having trouble with spinderella in stuck on 3\4

Necrophage33
10-31-2013, 01:57 PM

I wouldn't stress yourself out over this one if you're just looking to get 30 platinums for the achievement. There are much easier ones than this one, which is largely based on luck. Plus it's a huge pain trying to replay since there's no "replay" or "rematch" feature for golf.

Necrophage33
10-31-2013, 02:06 PM
Recommended Easiest Platinum Medals

Solo:
12. Every mod - requires ~$100-150k and 50 race wins for chrome finish, which you'll likely get below from doing races for RP

2 players required:

Efficient Groupings of Platinum Medals

1. Solo Freeroam

25 haircuts
25 outfits
every mod
private dances
hold up 20 stores
no claims bonus

2. Solo Race - Downtown Underground - GTA Race - Super Cars - One Lap - Traffic On - Wanted Level Off

300ft Jumps
Blow Up Cars
Steal Cars

Host this job solo, use rockets to blow up traffic cars during your races, and get the boost before the stunt jump. Each race will get you one of the 25 jumps, and a handful of blown up cars. When you're done with the 25 jumps, use respawning rockets to blow up cars and farm them. You can also get out of your car to steal cars stopped at traffic lights and don't have to worry about wanted level for either.

3. 2-Player Race - Criminal Records - GTA Race - Custom On - 2 Laps - Wanted Level Off - Traffic Off - Split Times Personal

Race Wins
GTA Race Wins
Road Rage
Penetrate From Behind
Betting Wins
World Record
Fastest Lap

Host this job with a friend and set it to two laps. Alternate wins. GTA Race wins also count toward the Race Wins, so do both together. The winner will bet max on himself, the loser with bet min on himself. The winner will be in second place after the first lap, then pass the loser on the second. Also each person will take one turn using rockets to blow up the opponent 3 times before you win to unlock Road Rage. Do this until Penetrate From Behind is complete. From then on, the winner will win both laps. Your second lap should be much faster than the first, and will get you Fastest Lap and most likely World Record if you keep at it. You should be close to platinum on betting wins by the time you get your 50 race wins. When you finish, you should have earned plenty of money to use for the medals in section 1 above.

25 Aces in Tennis
Win a 5 set match
Win with straight sets

Host the match and have one player win every game and every set. This will take 20 minutes per 5-set match. You need to win 3 sets, and 6 games per set. The winner will get an ace on every serve. When the loser is serving, return the serve and score a point there. You'll have to play through two 5-set matches, but you'll both easily get your 25 aces by the time you're done, and you'll both have all three platinums.

500 Headshots
500 Pistol Kills
3-For-1
Streaker
Deathmatch Kills
Killstreaker
Equalizer
Tattoo every body part

If you wanted to boost medals in deathmatch, this is how I would set it up: 2 players, smallest map possible. Every kill should be a pistol headshot. First one player will kill the other 10 tens, then switch and repeat. Now take turns killing each other 3 times in a row, then switching. Three kills in a row gives you 3-to-1, and killing someone after they killed you three times gives you Equalizer. By the time you reach 500 headshots/pistol kills, you'll have gotten the other 5 platinums. I included Tattoo every body part because 500 headshots is required to unlock the head tattoo, which then allows you to get this easy (yet expensive) platinum medal. Naturally, instead of pistol kills, you can do it with whichever weapon type you want, but stick with one for 500 kills and 500 headshots.

When Pigs Can Fly
Sky High
Mile High Club
The Fugitive
The Police Mocker

Play in a solo session so you don't have to deal with other people. Steal a Buzzard Helicopter (comes with miniguns and unlimited missiles). Use your missiles to blow up cars around town. When the police show up, blow up their cars. When the police choppers show up, alternate between blowing up choppers and blowing up cars. Eventually you'll earn a 5-star wanted level. You can maintain this wanted level for The Fugitive, and/or continually escape it in your helicopter for The Police Mocker. By the time you're done with When Pigs Can Fly and Sky High, you should be more than halfway done with Mile High Club and can rubber band your controller for the remaining time.

Necrophage33
10-31-2013, 02:08 PM
I'll see what I can do this afternoon to get both to fit in 10,000 characters.

I took the liberty of fitting it all into one post for you. See above post.

xhunterrrr
10-31-2013, 02:15 PM
I took the liberty of fitting it all into one post for you. See above post.

Thank you so much! I've been really busy this week with nursing classes and just haven't had time to compile everything. I'll format and throw that into post #3 right now since I have a few minutes.

EDIT: Done! I'll probably check on it every once in awhile to check for typos and formatting issues.

Puppys
10-31-2013, 02:26 PM
Thank you for the post Necrophage/x hunterrrr, I am currently at 21/30 and will be well on my way to 30!

Dar280885
10-31-2013, 03:19 PM

This could be tough on Criminal Records as I think the WR is something stupid like 1.26s

When Pigs Can Fly
Sky High
Mile High Club
The Fugitive
The Police Mocker

I did a video for this, basically showing a good way to get away from the police choppers at 5 stars, go to this thread for the link:

Skip to 5:10 for the start of the evade method

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=551657

Tactical Tom
10-31-2013, 04:36 PM

Solo:
12. Every mod - requires ~$100-150k and 50 race wins for chrome finish, which you'll likely get below from doing races for RP

2 players required:

Efficient Groupings of Platinum Medals

1. Solo Freeroam

25 haircuts
25 outfits
every mod
private dances
hold up 20 stores
no claims bonus

300ft Jumps
Blow Up Cars
Steal Cars

Race Wins
GTA Race Wins
Road Rage
Penetrate From Behind
Betting Wins
World Record
Fastest Lap

Host this job with a friend and set it to two laps. Alternate wins. GTA Race wins also count toward the Race Wins, so do both together. The winner will bet max on himself, the loser with bet min on himself. The winner will be in second place after the first lap, then pass the loser on the second. Also each person will take one turn using rockets to blow up the opponent 3 times before you win to unlock Road Rage. Do this until Penetrate From Behind is complete. From then on, the winner will win both laps. Your second lap should be much faster than the first, and will get you Fastest Lap and most likely World Record if you keep at it. You should be close to platinum on betting wins by the time you get your 50 race wins. When you finish, you should have earned plenty of money to use for the medals in section 1 above.

25 Aces in Tennis
Win a 5 set match
Win with straight sets

Host the match and have one player win every game and every set. This will take 20 minutes per 5-set match. You need to win 3 sets, and 6 games per set. The winner will get an ace on every serve. When the loser is serving, return the serve and score a point there. You'll have to play through two 5-set matches, but you'll both easily get your 25 aces by the time you're done, and you'll both have all three platinums.

500 Headshots
500 Pistol Kills
3-For-1
Streaker
Deathmatch Kills
Killstreaker
Equalizer
Tattoo every body part

If you wanted to boost medals in deathmatch, this is how I would set it up: 2 players, smallest map possible. Every kill should be a pistol headshot. First one player will kill the other 10 tens, then switch and repeat. Now take turns killing each other 3 times in a row, then switching. Three kills in a row gives you 3-to-1, and killing someone after they killed you three times gives you Equalizer. By the time you reach 500 headshots/pistol kills, you'll have gotten the other 5 platinums. I included Tattoo every body part because 500 headshots is required to unlock the head tattoo, which then allows you to get this easy (yet expensive) platinum medal. Naturally, instead of pistol kills, you can do it with whichever weapon type you want, but stick with one for 500 kills and 500 headshots.

When Pigs Can Fly
Sky High
Mile High Club
The Fugitive
The Police Mocker

Thanks Necrophage33. :)

DarkGin87
10-31-2013, 06:57 PM
Are some awards glitched ?

I bought all mods for cars and picked up the green crate and they still aint unlocked

Puppys
10-31-2013, 07:14 PM
To above poster, did you make sure to buy the three different tire things, and the chrome finish? I think those are what trip up most people.

JDMHatchG
10-31-2013, 07:44 PM
You don't need the chrome paint

Kronic Herba
10-31-2013, 08:00 PM
Yeah Chrome paint is not needed for it

Necrophage33
10-31-2013, 08:19 PM
This could be tough on Criminal Records as I think the WR is something stupid like 1.26s

I did a video for this, basically showing a good way to get away from the police choppers at 5 stars, go to this thread for the link:

Skip to 5:10 for the start of the evade method

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=551657

There were 2-3 separate boosting sessions I was in where it said I set a new world record while doing this race, and this was in the past 1-2 weeks, so well after the game was out and the world records got modded. At first I thought it had to do with having separate World Records for your friends list or crew or something, but now I'm wondering if it has something to do with the Cloud servers being down or having problems at the time.

I could take it off the list. There are still more than 30 there if that one isn't possible anymore.

Necrophage33
10-31-2013, 08:31 PM
Nick of time platinum award guide.
Grand Theft Auto 5 Online: "Nick of Time" Platinum Award (GTA 5 Decorated Achievement / Trophy) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdUG_ypRvn8)

Hunter: you should definitely link to this in some way in your second post for the Nick Of Time award. This is so much quicker and easier and more reliable than loading up a parachute jump and having to worry about dying, and dealing with loading times. He shows getting a helicopter at Vespucci Helipad, but sometimes a guy there will fly away in one. I found one at the Sandy Shores helipad every single time I went by, and no NPC ever takes them. This guide makes this a very quick and easy medal.

Ham Woopan
11-01-2013, 01:07 AM
Whenever I complete a tier of an award it doesn't show the notification above the mini map anymore. I'm somewhat sure I'm still getting the RP but either way it's annoying. I can't think of any way to remedy this. Anyone got any tips?

xhunterrrr
11-01-2013, 04:05 PM
Whenever I complete a tier of an award it doesn't show the notification above the mini map anymore. I'm somewhat sure I'm still getting the RP but either way it's annoying. I can't think of any way to remedy this. Anyone got any tips?

I never once saw a notification when working on my 30 awards.

Necrophage33
11-01-2013, 07:12 PM
I never once saw a notification when working on my 30 awards.

I remember seeing notifications when I first started playing online, for a few bronze ones and such. But later in the game, it showed notifications for the 25 parachute jumps below 40 meters, but other than that, a lot of them didn't show above my mini map. My 30th one was No Claims Bonus and the Decorated achievement popped up by I never got a notification that I completed any tier of No Claims.

WoodsMonk
11-01-2013, 08:56 PM
edit - nevermind achievement unlocked at 30 :)

Wampus Cra
11-01-2013, 09:00 PM
Anyone having problems w this unlocking? Ive counted 31 platinum awards and it doesn't pop, it didn't pop at my 30th and I went and got the granny award with a friend and it was my 31st and it still didn't pop... anyone having this issue?

WoodsMonk
11-01-2013, 09:04 PM
Anyone having problems w this unlocking? Ive counted 31 platinum awards and it doesn't pop, it didn't pop at my 30th and I went and got the granny award with a friend and it was my 31st and it still didn't pop... anyone having this issue?

Have you tried going back to the single player then back to online?

Wampus Cra
11-01-2013, 09:48 PM
Well the game loads up in single player for me, then I go to online... I just loaded the game up and went to where it shows how many awards you have and im at 31/85 and no achievement..

Puppys
11-02-2013, 05:54 AM
I remember seeing notifications when I first started playing online, for a few bronze ones and such. But later in the game, it showed notifications for the 25 parachute jumps below 40 meters, but other than that, a lot of them didn't show above my mini map. My 30th one was No Claims Bonus and the Decorated achievement popped up by I never got a notification that I completed any tier of No Claims.

Same here, I don't get notifications of any platinums and then suddenly bam! 25 Birdie platnium popped up. its so random

You don't need the chrome paint

Thanks for clearing that up, I swear someone said you did need it D:

Also, I'm having trouble getting the sell cars at export garage counter to go up. I've done 10-12 cars but my counter is only at 2. Anyone have any idea why?

Manny_Calavera
11-02-2013, 03:54 PM
Also, I'm having trouble getting the sell cars at export garage counter to go up. I've done 10-12 cars but my counter is only at 2. Anyone have any idea why?

Same thing happened to me with the armoured trucks one, it stopped counting them at 22, then it resumed when I swapped characters.

Emperor 95
11-02-2013, 05:02 PM

yeah i recently got the same thing. annoying as i need to keep going into the stats to see if ive done what i was aiming for.

Old_Ben
11-03-2013, 02:15 PM
Do you need to buy the Molotov cocktail for the platinum medal? as it is on my social club weapons menu in blue, but I can't see it in the ammu-nation, is it hiding somewhere?

Puppys
11-03-2013, 04:54 PM
Do you need to buy the Molotov cocktail for the platinum medal? as it is on my social club weapons menu in blue, but I can't see it in the ammu-nation, is it hiding somewhere?

Is that a collector's edition item? If it is, I'm pretty sure you don't need it. If it isn't a colletor's item then I haven't seen it the entire game D:

Old_Ben
11-03-2013, 07:09 PM
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/53656850/Molotov.jpg

I don't think it's a collectors edition weapon as the other ones that are state it on the menu. I think I picked up a couple of them in a special crate or in a survival game.

Puppys
11-03-2013, 08:24 PM
I don't think it's a collectors edition weapon as the other ones that are state it on the menu. I think I picked up a couple of them in a special crate or in a survival game.

Huh, I haven't even seen a special crate in the game so I couldn't tell you haha

Necrophage33
11-04-2013, 02:58 PM

No, you don't need the Molotov for the "buy all weapons" platinum medal.

Is that a collector's edition item? If it is, I'm pretty sure you don't need it. If it isn't a colletor's item then I haven't seen it the entire game D:

Yes, it's part of the collector's edition and not in the normal game.

Puppys
11-04-2013, 06:13 PM
No, you don't need the Molotov for the "buy all weapons" platinum medal.

Yes, it's part of the collector's edition and not in the normal game.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. I don't think I'll be going to level 120 though, so it's all good either way :)

DEG23
11-07-2013, 06:35 AM
Does anyone have any tips for 'flippen hell' and 'spinderella' that doesn't involve a helicopter or defective gate?

I only need 1 more platinum and I've some how managed to get both to the platinum level but I can't seem to pull off either one. I keep hitting ramps and flipping my car but it never seems to register. I just spent the past hour driving my car of Mt Chiliad but the only thing I've got to show for it is a long list of suicide bills:p

Puppys
11-07-2013, 06:54 AM
Does anyone have any tips for 'flippen hell' and 'spinderella' that doesn't involve a helicopter or defective gate?

I only need 1 more platinum and I've some how managed to get both to the platinum level but I can't seem to pull off either one. I keep hitting ramps and flipping my car but it never seems to register. I just spent the past hour driving my car of Mt Chiliad but the only thing I've got to show for it is a long list of suicide bills:p

There is a boulder in "trevor land" that is very obvious that can be used as a ramp. I've gone off it in an Infernous in single player and managed four flips. If you can't get the cargobob strategy, that might be a good bet.

Sorry I don't have exact coordinates, but it is VERY obvious if you look for it. its at a split in the road :P

gray
11-07-2013, 10:55 AM
The notifications / platinum medals is very glitchy, cos some platinum medals don't get updated straight way. The main easy ones that didn't update while playing was 'wheelie for 2000m' and '25 bounty kills', causing the achievement to glitch.

DEG23
11-07-2013, 11:12 AM
There is a boulder in "trevor land" that is very obvious that can be used as a ramp. I've gone off it in an Infernous in single player and managed four flips. If you can't get the cargobob strategy, that might be a good bet.

Sorry I don't have exact coordinates, but it is VERY obvious if you look for it. its at a split in the road :P

You're awesome:dance:

Once I figured out the right spot to hit, I managed to pull it off after only three attempts. No more driving off cliffs:D

Grausherra
11-07-2013, 03:44 PM

Once I figured out the right spot to hit, I managed to pull it off after only three attempts. No more driving off cliffs:D

Where is this? I found a rock but not sure if its the right one, or if I'm hitting the right side.

NybbleMe
11-07-2013, 04:06 PM
edited because I should've posted in achievement trading thread, sorry.

DEG23
11-07-2013, 10:30 PM
Where is this? I found a rock but not sure if its the right one, or if I'm hitting the right side.

It's right near the big satellite dishes in the middle of 3 roads (you can't miss it) I was approaching from the east side, near the quarry and hitting the right side of the rock as it seems to give you the most spins.

McDurbin
11-09-2013, 02:21 AM
FYI: 'The Car bomber' under weapons is 25 kills, not 50.

ThunderingLefty
11-09-2013, 01:27 PM

Not sure if this is the correct spot but I've gotten a few flips off this rock. Its on Route 68 just east of the Darts location. For a quick waypoint find the prison. Then slightly northeast of that center between the darts, survival, and the parachute locations. I've gotten decent flips from both directions.

SWEDISHG4MER
11-09-2013, 03:33 PM
If anyone would like to get platinum on shooting, car bombing, melee and other awards just add me.
GT: Psyfer no1

ModernSith2010
11-09-2013, 03:44 PM
Why did Rockstar think not allowing higher level players the chance of a cargobob spawning a good idea. So just because your a high level, you don't want to have fun with your friends and get rewards?

Casyle
11-09-2013, 10:39 PM
Besides the death match awards also lookin' for someone who has access to a cargobob to try to get Spinderella.

I'm about to completely give up on that award, AND Flippin' Hell. Using a fully modded Entity I've spun and flipped 5 to 6 full revolutions several times, but It won't budge from 4/5 plat for Spinderella, and gold Flippin' Hell. *Sighs* Mountains, gate glitch, airport ramps, that rock, nothin' is getting it to register. The only thing I can think of is it's because I'm not perfectly level while spinning, or sideways flipping. I dunno...

GT Casyle.

xhunterrrr
11-09-2013, 11:20 PM
Everyone, please use the achievement trading thread (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=514182) if you are looking to work on platinum awards with other people.

ModernSith2010
11-10-2013, 12:18 PM
Is there a trick to no claims bonus, as I've been Driving around the sandy shores air field for ages yet it hasn't budge from 12/20?

kubek
11-10-2013, 01:16 PM
I've read your tips about Flippin' Hell and Spinderella, but still no luck :( Tried that jump near darts, but in few tries I couldn't even get close to get it. Before I was using stunt jumps near the airport (These with small car glued to them)and managed to pull of few times. Also, I can't get the gate glitch to work, in like 2h it launched me only 4-5 times. Any help would be appreciated.

ModernSith2010
11-10-2013, 02:07 PM
What is the difference between spinderella and flippin hell?

kubek
11-10-2013, 02:19 PM
Since I'm not a naiteve speaker, it'll be easier for me to just show you these images.

Spinderella
http://cdn.sc.rockstargames.com/images/games/GTAV/multiplayer/award/gold/Spinderella.png

Flippin Hell
http://cdn.sc.rockstargames.com/images/games/GTAV/multiplayer/award/silver/swallow.png

I've done multiple flips and nothing happened, no idea if it's glitched for me or I'm doing something wrong.

ModernSith2010
11-10-2013, 02:27 PM
I thought by their names one was like a rorward flip and the other a barrel roll, I have no idea how im going to get the car to spin around on it centre

PsychoKnight666
11-10-2013, 09:23 PM
At last I got the Spinderella award today but can't get the flippin'hell one ... Both were at 4-5 Gold when I started spinderella completed but flippin'hell still stuck on 4/5 Gold .... Any tips for getting flippin'hell using the rock near the satellites ... I start my run from the airport that has the buzzard and hit the right side of the rocks

SWEDISHG4MER
11-10-2013, 09:58 PM
Flippin' hell and spinderella must be bugged. i flew like 1000 meters and spinned around 20 times. diddnt get any of em. something is wrong..

Inebriated Jedi
11-10-2013, 10:30 PM
I have 34 Platinum medals, but I still don't have the achievement. The last one I got was No Claims Bonus.

Has this happened to anyone else? I'm starting to lose hope.

ServeChilled
11-10-2013, 10:39 PM
I have 34 Platinum medals, but I still don't have the achievement. The last one I got was No Claims Bonus.

Has this happened to anyone else? I'm starting to lose hope.

kinda, I had 30 and no ach.. I went into free-roam and did the "most kills gang attack" one with a second account and it popped. Tho I do see a lot of people having an issue with this one. plus it takes a minute for the overall medal count to update or atleast it did for me...

Puppys
11-11-2013, 08:02 AM
Flippin' hell and spinderella must be bugged. i flew like 1000 meters and spinned around 20 times. diddnt get any of em. something is wrong..

If anything, they are picky. I attempted them 5-6 times before almost giving up. I changed my car to a mid-sized SUV (forgot name) and got the platinum for flips and the gold for spins... one more time and I had platinum spins.

Keep trying and if anything, go check out that rock in the middle of "Trevor land" that is perfect for the medals!

VyzieTaur
11-14-2013, 11:53 AM
Very nice guide! About to go for some of these so will definitely be using this :)

ollie086
11-14-2013, 04:15 PM
Armed Robber Platinum Award
Grand Theft Auto 5 Online: "Armed Robber" Platinum Award (GTA 5 Decorated Achievement / Trophy) - YouTube

Hairy encounters platinum award

Grand Theft Auto 5 Online: "Hairy Encounters" Platinum Award (GTA 5 Decorated Achievement / Trophy) - YouTube

Full Metal Jacket Platinum Award
GTA 5 Online:Up to $15k In 30 seconds (Full Metal Jacket Platinum Award & Decorated Trophy) - YouTube

ELDOR1TO
11-15-2013, 12:11 AM
Im struggling with this. Think losing my stuff screwed me

PsychoKnight666
11-16-2013, 12:32 AM
Don't know if this has been posted:

Death By Drive-By can be boosted in 2 player GTA race .... Done today we were both on bikes and just keep killing eachother over and over again :p :D

Direkin
12-01-2013, 09:54 AM
That gate glitch for Spinderella doesn't seem to work any more. Has anyone else managed it recently?

Puppys
12-01-2013, 10:12 PM
That gate glitch for Spinderella doesn't seem to work any more. Has anyone else managed it recently?

Possibly patched, I haven't seen it recently. Did you try the cargobob trick instead? Hopefully that wasn't patched (dunno why it would be)

laxminarayanans
12-12-2013, 11:08 AM
The content creator has added a few easy medals. I got them and decorated now.

MadMaxxx123
12-12-2013, 11:57 AM
How much deathmatches and races must be done for platinum?
And hom much likes needed?
Also, I dont understand last medal, which means your race or shootout must be played numerous times. I have 17 plays at my map, but 0 at medal.

WOLVES R SWEET
12-12-2013, 12:28 PM
How much deathmatches and races must be done for platinum?
And hom much likes needed?
Also, I dont understand last medal, which means your race or shootout must be played numerous times. I have 17 plays at my map, but 0 at medal. you don't need to play it other people on xbox must play it to get it to count you need 100 people to play it for the platinum hope that helps:)

PsychoKnight666
12-12-2013, 02:10 PM

There is another glitch unless it's been patch .... It needs 2 people and a bike and a mic helps .... Found this on x360a

xhunterrrr
12-12-2013, 03:22 PM
If anyone has access to the new medals, can you give me the category they are in, the name of the medal, a short description of what to do, and the amount needed to unlock platinum? If they only have a platinum level and/or can be completed solo, let me know that, too.