PDA

View Full Version : Anyone play it yet?

xfrancox
06-28-2006, 06:43 PM
So... Its out today right? Anyone play it yet? Im gonna get my girlfriend to bring it home from work.

Finest
06-28-2006, 07:55 PM
I'm playing it now. Seems to me that they didn't use the buttons on the controller wisely. Triggers do nothing on default setup. Also I've experienced some freezing issues when finishing a mission. Out of 6 missions, its frozen twice. Seems to be a fun game but still not to sure about the achievements as I've yet to get any.

Seems that it was freezing when trying to award achievements. I had 2 achievements and didn't realize it. As with a lot of games this seems to freeze it up sometimes.

xfrancox
06-28-2006, 08:26 PM
I'm playing it now. Seems to me that they didn't use the buttons on the controller wisely. Triggers do nothing on default setup. Also I've experienced some freezing issues when finishing a mission. Out of 6 missions, its frozen twice. Seems to be a fun game but still not to sure about the achievements as I've yet to get any.

Seems that it was freezing when trying to award achievements. I had 2 achievements and didn't realize it. As with a lot of games this seems to freeze it up sometimes.

Thats cool, I see you have some now, how are they? Also how does the game look, Ive seen footage but that always seem to be a little different than when you actually play the game.

Finest
06-28-2006, 08:33 PM
The planes look good and the ground looks good when you're taking off. Other than that the ground textures are pretty bad truthfully. The sky is kinda bland. It does have this cool effect when you're pulling G's though. It kinda makes the screen darker like you're about to pass out and keeps saying "Over G!" lol. I haven't fought over water yet. (Or at least when I can pay attention) The achievements seem to be pretty straight foward as far as I can tell. Once you do them it unlocks exactly what you have to do.

xfrancox
06-28-2006, 08:36 PM
Awesome, Im pretty excited about this, I dont really know why.

PaleGringo
06-28-2006, 10:19 PM
Picked mine up. Please don't let it be stupid or Japanese. I've got enough of both at work.

Finest
06-29-2006, 12:05 AM
I'm having trouble just figuring out what the buttons do. I borrowed it so I don't have the manual. Can't seem to figure out how to depoly chaff.

BlitZx HyPnOsIs
06-29-2006, 12:40 AM
I think this is one of the worst games for the 360. It has horrible graphics, bad control layout, and it's really lame. The dialect is so cheesy.

Finest
06-29-2006, 12:49 AM
I think this is one of the worst games for the 360. It has horrible graphics, bad control layout, and it's really lame. The dialect is so cheesy.

I'm starting to think the same thing, only cool part is the Over G effect when pulling 7+ G's.

BlitZx HyPnOsIs
06-29-2006, 12:56 AM
I'm not sure I understand the achievements, or even anything about the game.

g4m3r7ag
06-29-2006, 01:37 AM
are the certain conditions just objectives or is it something else, does it tell you what the conditions are so you know what you have to do to get the achievement or is it just pretty much guessing.

CrazyCougar
06-29-2006, 02:26 AM
I'm actually enjoying the game. Its about time they get away from the Crimson Skies crap. Crimson Skies was fun and all, but it was arcade. I really like the feel of this game, and as far as the button layout...I havent really had issue with it. Its a matter of just holding and releasing the bumpers which seems to work pretty well.

This game is the closest to flight sim that we have gotten to date under the Xbox name and I am quite happy. Have yet to play it online.

The achievements seem to be linked to objectives, but i think that will change and be based on how well your perform your objectives as you progress through the game.

xfrancox
06-29-2006, 02:28 AM
I'm having trouble just figuring out what the buttons do. I borrowed it so I don't have the manual. Can't seem to figure out how to depoly chaff.

Says in the booklet Chaff/Flares is B.

Game isnt perfect by any means but Im havin fun. Lately Ive had this weird obsession of wanting to fly a jet.... I dont know... so this is entertaining me quite a bit.

Maka
06-29-2006, 03:12 AM
Just a Question... Sim or Arcade?

xfrancox
06-29-2006, 03:14 AM
Just a Question... Sim or Arcade?

Completely Sim, nothing Arcade about it

The Editor
06-29-2006, 11:21 AM
What you have to do for the Special Awards in Scenario?It says you have to play very well but i got an S or Ace Ranking in at least 5 Missions now and no Special Award?I will ask TheGrayWolf maybe he can help us.

P1NSEEKER
06-29-2006, 11:55 AM
I have a question about the controls. Is it like blazing angels where in order to turn left/right you literally just press left/right (which i hated) or is it a proper control set up where left/right conrol roll and up/down controls pitch so in order to turn you need to roll the plane and then pull up?

Im probably not explaining myself very well but hopefully someone knows what im on about!

The Editor
06-29-2006, 12:05 PM
Ok so the Achievements.Gray Wolf told me that you have to go trough the Game a second time for the Special Awards and a 3rd time on hellmode for the rare Awards.I check that out.

Maka
06-29-2006, 01:27 PM
Or maybe he's just trying to fuck you over ;)

The Editor
06-29-2006, 01:45 PM
How dou you mean that?

xfrancox
06-29-2006, 02:12 PM
I have a question about the controls. Is it like blazing angels where in order to turn left/right you literally just press left/right (which i hated) or is it a proper control set up where left/right conrol roll and up/down controls pitch so in order to turn you need to roll the plane and then pull up?

Im probably not explaining myself very well but hopefully someone knows what im on about!

it is in fact how you are explaining it. you have to adjust the pitch and then roll.

g4m3r7ag
06-29-2006, 05:28 PM
How dou you mean that?

he means that the gray wold lied so that you would play through the game 3 times, but what the gray wolf said sounds logical to me, we will just have to wait and see.

Helacool360
06-29-2006, 06:25 PM
he means that the gray wold lied so that you would play through the game 3 times, but what the gray wolf said sounds logical to me, we will just have to wait and see.

TheGrayWolf wouldn't lie, he's one of the few people on the high ranks that play legit;)

seantak
07-03-2006, 03:19 PM
Picked mine up. Please don't let it be stupid or Japanese. I've got enough of both at work.

No need to be racist.

CrazyCougar
07-03-2006, 04:44 PM
Dont ya just love people that troll threads to look for possible racist remarks. UG! get a grip man! Talk about the game, dont try to start trouble.

PaleGringo
07-03-2006, 07:39 PM
Dont ya just love people that troll threads to look for possible racist remarks. UG! get a grip man! Talk about the game, dont try to start trouble.

Indeed.

And nothing about my comment was racist at all. I didn't want the game to be stupid (which it turned out to be, with the drawings in the briefings and the lame muzak), or Japanese - with poor translations and cheesy dialogue that does translate over well from Japanese to English. Did that too (check out the Tutorial section of the game and you'll see what I mean).

At work, I put up with enough stupid people who don't know how to use computers, and my boss, who keeps me late after its time for me to go home, is 3rd generation Japanese. His last name is Sakaguchi. Except he's not a cool Sakaguchi like Hironobu or anything. He's just Gary. :mad:

But my love for flight games and the drought in the genre have gotten the best of me in this case. I'm keeping this one, and am enjoying it thoroughly, even if it does have its quirky spots.

seantak
07-09-2006, 02:03 PM
Indeed.

And nothing about my comment was racist at all. I didn't want the game to be stupid (which it turned out to be, with the drawings in the briefings and the lame muzak), or Japanese - with poor translations and cheesy dialogue that does translate over well from Japanese to English. Did that too (check out the Tutorial section of the game and you'll see what I mean).

At work, I put up with enough stupid people who don't know how to use computers, and my boss, who keeps me late after its time for me to go home, is 3rd generation Japanese. His last name is Sakaguchi. Except he's not a cool Sakaguchi like Hironobu or anything. He's just Gary. :mad:

But my love for flight games and the drought in the genre have gotten the best of me in this case. I'm keeping this one, and am enjoying it thoroughly, even if it does have its quirky spots.

I understand then. Your commenting about poor translation to English from Japanese. Im not rummaging through threads looking for racist remarks. I just didnt like how it read. Also, I have to say I dont care what race they are...keeping me late after work would suck.

seantak
07-09-2006, 02:06 PM

I already commented about what Palegringo said below. Im not trolling through threads. I was looking to see if I should buy the game. But during my reading I saw all those remarks about Asians. Well, it just looks like a rental game now.:D