PDA

View Full Version : What to do...

Alex56
01-29-2008, 02:44 AM
Okay I have about 160$ and i'm deciding on what to do.

-Buy rock band bundle
-GH3 bundle
-Get Mass Effect and wait for army of two and GTA4 to come out.

What's the best? =\

HoodMod
01-29-2008, 02:48 AM
Rock Band!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So addicting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tubson57
01-29-2008, 02:52 AM
I have the exact situation! I weighed all my options, and have decided to go with Rock Band. I tried it out with a bunch of my friends, and the game is sick. If you have some friends to play with, go Rock Band. If not, still think about it but its up to you. The only reason I didnt get Rock Band right away was the price, but its gonna be worth it.
________
Ford Festiva specifications (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_Festiva)

GalrenCreptus
01-29-2008, 02:52 AM
Okay I have about 160$ and i'm deciding on what to do.

What's the best? =

Fixed lol. Seriously get Mass Efffect and wait for those other 2.

Alex56
01-29-2008, 02:56 AM
Is it possible to get just the drums for rock band?

Birky
01-29-2008, 03:03 AM
I suggest reading the site reviews before you make a choice. IMO they are all AMAZING games that are all worth a buy.

Guitar Hero III Review
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/review.php?gameID=393
Guitar Hero II Review (not on your list, but it is a great game and you should be able to get it cheap)
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/review.php?gameID=195
Mass Effect and Rock Band are currently under works, but they are both fantastic. Mass Effect is the best RPG I have ever played and has an amazing story line. Rock Band is great for playing with a couple friends and just rocking out. Non of these games are very achievement friendly, but they make up for it with great game play.

Fonkey Monkey
01-29-2008, 03:07 AM
in my humble opinion, you should only get rock band if your friends are going to be over with you playing it.
like i was going to get it, but we always play it at my friends house that has a 65" plasma, and a movie theater style set-up, therefore its perfect to play it.
so it wouldnt make much sense for me to buy it now would it?
i think you should apply this to your situation so you dont end up wasting your money:)

Otisbum
01-29-2008, 03:07 AM
Is it possible to get just the drums for rock band? In early February, yes.

I'd say go for Rock Band now, and try and save up money for later games. That is, unless you've got plenty of games now that you enjoy. In which case, keep saving your money, and if by the time GTA4 comes out you've got enough extra, you might be able to get multiple games.

Don't feel rushed to spend it all at once, video games are amazing, but if there's something more important that you should spend your cash on, consider that also.

Alex56
01-29-2008, 03:08 AM
I don't really care about achievements, well I do but I don't really care about my gamerscore (weird right?). But anyway I guess i'll go with rock band and try to sell some of my games to get GTA 4, AO2 and maybe ME. Thanks for everyones help.

Sanction
01-29-2008, 03:20 AM
I'd get Devil May Cry 4 CE and GTA4 CE. But that's just me. :p

Alex56
01-29-2008, 03:58 AM
I'd get Devil May Cry 4 CE and GTA4 CE. But that's just me. :p Even though I don't like games with swords and that anymore, i might actually get DMC4 after playing the demo, but i dont see the point in getting collecters editions.

HoodMod
01-29-2008, 04:00 AM
Even though I don't like games with swords and that anymore, i might actually get DMC4 after playing the demo, but i dont see the point in getting collecters editions.

Yeah I bought Halo 3 CE because I loved H2 but its like whats the point...Honestly I really blew a lot of money on that.

Blackjaw x
01-29-2008, 04:19 AM
Rock Band Game
Guitar Hero 3 Bundle
Rock Band Drums (When Available)

Use the GH3 guitar for Rock Band, use your headset as a mic.
This totals $160 plus whatever the drums will be.

HoodMod
01-29-2008, 04:31 AM
^^^

I wish I had done that, but then again, my mic is third party and also I wouldn't want to wait till Febuary. Still I really want GH.

antnie
01-29-2008, 04:37 AM
Do the mass effect plan and substitute the GTA 4 for unreal tournement 3. Or just go with rock band.

Tibbs
01-29-2008, 06:37 AM
Fixed lol. Seriously get Mass Efffect and wait for those other 2.

Yea, that way you got 3 games to play and just not one. Both Gh3 and Rock band are fun and a good party games. But really could it keep you happy for months like them three games could? That way, you got other games to play, and the best thing is, all 3 games gonna give you different gameplay.. :)

Siege Is Like
01-29-2008, 06:44 AM
if you have lots of friends who play - rb. if you dont - gh3. i'd love to say rb is really worth it cuz u can do any of the campaigns on - but the vocal campaign (unless u are a singer) is a tiresome bore. and the difficulty in rb is easy. rb on hard is comparable to gh3 on medium

in terms of logic - 3 games to one? seems like a nobrainer. mass effect does have replay value, as will AoT and GTA is always a winner.

my vote - 3 games.

Segnius
01-29-2008, 10:58 AM
Don't buy any of those right now. Save your money for all the good games which will be coming out in the next few months.

Darth Heyburt
01-29-2008, 11:51 AM
Do the mass effect plan and substitute the GTA 4 for unreal tournement 3. Or just go with rock band.

...and the award for most mentally ill forum member of January is...... ;)

But seriously...if my anticipation for Rock Band is anything to go buy, then that seems like the logical purchase mate. :)

Odiumruse
01-29-2008, 11:54 AM
ME, AoT, GTA. No doubt.