PDA

View Full Version : I just need some tips for corners.

Alex56
01-29-2008, 03:03 AM
I'm not terrible at NFS games but i'm def. not the best. When going around corners I always screw up.. could anyone give me some tips to point me in the right direction?

Something like..

-Tapping hand brake when going around corners?
-Tapping with gas on?
-Holding handbrake with no gas?
-Holding handbrakre with gas?
-Go on the insides?

ezekiel 08
01-30-2008, 05:32 PM
Well I always find it best to start on the outside of a corner and break before the turn. Then turn into the apex (the center of the corner) an then as you pull out of it, accelerate.

Try no to break while you turn as this significantly reduces the cars turning ability. And try not to accelerate while turning too much as this will cause your car to loss traction and you'll loss a lot of speed.

This also depends on what 'Assist' setting your using. These tip are for King as Casual and Racer pretty much handle all the car's acceleration and breaking during corners.

Hope this helps ^_^.

Nokturnal916
02-03-2008, 07:00 AM
i can just tell how to turn by looking at the corner. some corners you can full throttle thru some u need to slam on your brakes. it all depends on your car and your driving style.

Alex56
02-07-2008, 12:50 AM
i can just tell how to turn by looking at the corner. some corners you can full throttle thru some u need to slam on your brakes. it all depends on your car and your driving style.
Well I always find it best to start on the outside of a corner and break before the turn. Then turn into the apex (the center of the corner) an then as you pull out of it, accelerate.

Try no to break while you turn as this significantly reduces the cars turning ability. And try not to accelerate while turning too much as this will cause your car to loss traction and you'll loss a lot of speed.

This also depends on what 'Assist' setting your using. These tip are for King as Casual and Racer pretty much handle all the car's acceleration and breaking during corners.

Hope this helps ^_^.

This helped some but I don't really see what you're saying? Like use the hand brake or reg. brake? and you said don't brake when turning because it makes you lose turning ability.. doesn't really make sense.

[quote=53256456]i can just tell how to turn by looking at the corner. some corners you can full throttle thru some u need to slam on your brakes. it all depends on your car and your driving style. [quote/]

That doesn't help at all.

BulletMagnet Uk
02-10-2008, 12:25 AM
Come at the corner on the outside (if your turning right, stay left on the way up to it).

As you near the corner (BEFORE YOU START TURNING) go off the throttle and hard on the brakes, breaks being 'normal' footbrakes.

Once you are down to a speed that you can take the corner at, keep the accelerator at a steady pace (ie dont speed up or slow down at all).

Make your turn at this speed, trying to hit the apex (the fastest line through the corner). You shouldnt have a problem finding the apex as its very easy in this game.

Once round the corner and in a straight line again, put down the hammer. Hard on the accelerator until the next corner.

This is how I corner and I would wager how most racing drivers would suggest tackling a corner irl. Here are a few extra tips however.

1. some corners can be taken full throttle in good handling cars.
2. practice to know what speeds you need to be at, at certain types of corners
3. NEVER brake or change speed while turning.
4. dont hit the accelerator until you know you wont need to take it off again.

Hope this helps, a bit like an above post to be honest, but I tried to explain the best I can to best illustrate what needs to be done. :)

Alex56
02-10-2008, 01:14 AM
Come at the corner on the outside (if your turning right, stay left on the way up to it).

As you near the corner (BEFORE YOU START TURNING) go off the throttle and hard on the brakes, breaks being 'normal' footbrakes.

Once you are down to a speed that you can take the corner at, keep the accelerator at a steady pace (ie dont speed up or slow down at all).

Make your turn at this speed, trying to hit the apex (the fastest line through the corner). You shouldnt have a problem finding the apex as its very easy in this game.

Once round the corner and in a straight line again, put down the hammer. Hard on the accelerator until the next corner.

This is how I corner and I would wager how most racing drivers would suggest tackling a corner irl. Here are a few extra tips however.

1. some corners can be taken full throttle in good handling cars.
2. practice to know what speeds you need to be at, at certain types of corners
3. NEVER brake or change speed while turning.
4. dont hit the accelerator until you know you wont need to take it off again.

Hope this helps, a bit like an above post to be honest, but I tried to explain the best I can to best illustrate what needs to be done. :)

I'll try it out, thanks. But does this mean not to use the hand brake (A) at all?

Darth Cuda
02-10-2008, 05:09 AM
The hand brake is for making the car "Slide" it locks up your rear wheels only. Effective use of the handbrake is difficult to master i rarley use it in the game braking before a turn is how its done in real life and is usually the best method in general to use. I would recommend trying the handbrake to see if it help you in difficult corners. Sometimes i use the regular brake and pull the handbrake through a turn, if its one of those 90 degree turns. Also, if you are near a rival racer going into a corner take it a little more agressive and let thier car slow you down it will even knock them off the track sometimes. I only use that method in single player though not in XBL matches.

Frizzed
02-10-2008, 05:36 AM
1. Approach the corner from the outside
2. Break and downshift in a straight line as you approach the turn
3. Let of the breaks and turn into the corner whilst hitting the apex
4. Then start accelerating once you are straight again

Also apex means the point in a turn where your wheels are closest to the inside of the track, it is also known as the clipping point.

Hope this helps. ;)

Alex56
02-10-2008, 05:35 PM
Thanks guys.

Alex56
02-12-2008, 10:06 PM
Okay, i've tryed using that advice and it doesn't seem to be helping. I stop before the turn, take the turn and then all the other cars are passed me...

BULLITUARY
03-02-2008, 01:18 AM
follow the green lines and break early, and i don't know what controls you are using but use the triggers for gas and break.
use the triggers for variable speed. don't break too hard, pump it and ease on the gas coming out of the corner.
when you start using cars with more horsepower this helps out. or you will get major oversteer and throw yourself into a wall.