PDA

View Full Version : Soundtracks..?

Crockford1217
01-30-2008, 06:32 PM
what do you like listening to when playing certain games, or are you a conventional gamer, listening to the sounds from the game itself?

for me, its missy elliott, ludacris, jay-z, rick ross, p diddy, 50 cent, lil wayne when playing madden or pro evo

then anything quietly really when playing cod4, gow etc

Pez
01-30-2008, 06:41 PM
I usually listen to the in-game soundtracks and the game sounds. I sometimes just play my iTunes library on my laptop while gaming and browsing these forums. :p

Bax x360a
01-30-2008, 06:57 PM
I'd feel like I'm missing out if I listened to music during a game, so I always just listen to what the developers intended me to.

Blackjaw x
01-30-2008, 07:02 PM
I wish I didn't because I miss some dialogue (usually turn on subtitles anyway), but mainly because whenever I listen to those songs afterward, they remind me of the game. It's bad to be unable to listen to a band because it reminds you of the time you rented King Kong.

While playing the Orange Box lately, I've had the new American Steel album on repeat. I haven't really noticed the music though because I've been so into the game. I turn the music off/down when I really want to listen to the game.

Deyankees1
01-30-2008, 07:05 PM
I only listen to music during multiplayer or sports games. I have my Zune connected to the 360 every time to charge so I just pick a artist depending on my mood. In shooters I go with Metal something loud to get me going and in sports usually some rap or rock is fine. Single player I listen to the in game music.

MopFlop
01-30-2008, 07:05 PM
i like listening to muse/enter shikari
but atm into cod4 so dont like listenin to music as i play. like to hear people n then:uzi::eek:

Ceryino63
01-30-2008, 07:20 PM
Depends on what kinds of games i'm playing.
If i'm playing Sports games or RPG's i'll put my Sirius on or listen to my mp3's.

GoW, CoD4, ShadowRun and stuff i keep the game sounds on.

Moshambi
01-30-2008, 07:39 PM
i listen to the game sounds when i play retail games but when im throwing down some arcade then i jam to my own tunes...SoAD, Human Abstract, Trivium, etc.

Infected Z
01-30-2008, 07:43 PM
I listen to the games music normally unless im working towards an achievement and have already played the game, then I will listen to my own music, which is normally Amorphis or Pantera right now.

infradude
01-30-2008, 08:20 PM
The Who and the beatles pumps me up in Gears of War.

"Here comes the sun, do do do do"

Tussell
01-30-2008, 08:40 PM
I usually put my iTunes on shuffle while playing any game.

Pez
01-30-2008, 08:54 PM
If i'm playing Sports games or RPG's i'll put my Sirius on or listen to my mp3's.

RPG's??

Most RPG's are packed with dialogue and basically run off stories, which is told with dialogue...

You're saying that instead of following the story, you listen to music? To me, you're an RPG sinner. ;)

If I did listen to music through my 360, I'd probably be the slight opposite to you. Music in the shooters and sports, no music in the RPG's.

Krueger
01-30-2008, 08:59 PM
When playing games for achievements TV volume down iTunes all the way up other than that i dont really listen to music when i play.

Crockford1217
01-30-2008, 11:50 PM
anybody else gonna confess to having their own playlist for games??

Steed
01-31-2008, 01:21 AM
I only listen to my own music in racing games or pretty much and other sports game.

I wouldn't be able to stand listening to my music playing anything else, I would feel like something was missing from the game if I did.

Crockford1217
01-31-2008, 07:05 PM
ive started listening to music with multiplayer play, not so much single player though. hooking up ipod to 360 so music is blended with game sounds is fat though

Vogey77
01-31-2008, 07:24 PM
I usually just listen to my radio whenever playin Halo or Forza online. If i'm playing the campaign in a game for the first time I just listen to the game as is, so i dont miss anything important.

xAltair
02-02-2008, 09:32 PM
I usually listen to the soundtracks as they give the game a better feel. Especially Assassins Creed, Oblivion and Halo. I absolutely love those soundtracks.

oO Hippie Oo
02-27-2008, 08:02 PM
In-Game soundtracks usually aren't that great, if I'm playing an online shooter, its usually a metal play list with some Trivium, Exodus, Down, Arch Enemy, etc. Driving games get mostly classic rock, and same with things like GTA and Saint's Row.

UNDERWALLY
02-27-2008, 10:51 PM
I'd feel like I'm missing out if I listened to music during a game, so I always just listen to what the developers intended me to.

Yeah, me too, but I love when the game has a cool soundtrack like in TH series