PDA

View Full Version : What game to get

eXyle
01-30-2008, 07:19 PM
Hey guys I'm looking for a new game to buy, but I don't know which one.
I prefer one with a good multiplayer, but a very cool single player game will do to.
I don't want seriously like achievements either, they don't have to be very easy, but not take too long.
Also they don't have to be new games either!

I prefer a shooter, racer or stealth game. But if you really like another game too, always say so.
One game I think some of you might recommend but I don't like is Mass Effect

Ooh and I already have Halo 3, CoD 4 and Sin's Creed (and some others but those are old :P)

Shinobi273
01-30-2008, 07:48 PM
Bioshock, no multiplayer but very cool single player story. Listen to the audio tapes as they tell the story of Rapture.

Hitman: Blood Money, very solid game, again single player only, but the ability to explore the levels and find the way you want to kill the target is extremely rewarding and offers solid replay value.

Rainbow Six Vegas, the Elite achievement is in there, but multiplayer and single player story are both very good. It has been said that getting elite was possible in a month, but they had to play like 6-8 hours a day or something like that. I played it off and on for no more than 4 hours a day, 3-4 days a week and got it in six months after I got officer.

Wallace Suka
01-30-2008, 07:57 PM
Go to Game Stop and buy Bioshock (Single player) and get Darkness (Both single and multiplayer) for free.

Shinobi273
01-30-2008, 07:59 PM
Go to Game Stop and buy Bioshock (Single player) and get Darkness (Both single and multiplayer) for free.

I thought Darkness multiplayer was a joke... Is it actually good? Reviews were even critical of the single player. Gameplay was described as running back and forth through the city, "go to point a, go to point b, go back to point a, go to point c, etc."

eXyle
01-30-2008, 08:03 PM
We don't have gamestop here, and I've played Bioshock and didn't really like it :P

Already have Hitman

And Rainbow six seems to similar to CoD4 to me (maybe that's not true)

LethalRope
01-30-2008, 08:04 PM
Or break the bank and buy burnout paradise for obvious reasons.

1. Great free roaming single player
2. Online smashing your mates :)
3. Replay value is high

eXyle
01-30-2008, 08:10 PM
How's Orange Box, achievement wise, I know those games are great

Shinobi273
01-30-2008, 08:13 PM
We don't have gamestop here, and I've played Bioshock and didn't really like it :P

Already have Hitman

And Rainbow six seems to similar to CoD4 to me (maybe that's not true)

I was looking at your gamercard and didn't see Bioshock played.

Completely screwed up on Hitman.

R6V is not like CoD4. R6V is much more tactical, it has a cover system similar to GRAW2 except that it is also in the multiplayer so the multiplayer is not run and gun like GRAW2. R6V also has much more customization as far as looks and the weapons you carry, but no perks (which might be good or bad, depending on your feelings about perks). The multiplayer for R6V is also structured differently, there is no benefit to playing ranked matches vs player matches as many achievements unlock in player matches (despite saying ranked) and both ranked and player matches allow you to choose the map and gametype before launching the game.

A ton of achievements, too many IMO. If you like those games, you should go in that direction.

KolMartin229
01-30-2008, 08:13 PM
Orange Box has 99 achievements.. enough to keep you busy for a while.

infradude
01-30-2008, 08:15 PM

I love the orange box. Its great, you'll never get bored because of all the great games included on it. Team Fotress 2 (Only multiplayer game on there) is really fun, although there aren't that many maps realeased out yet. The Half Life's included on there take time and are really fun, that'll keep you occuppied and Portal is funny and addicting if you know wha I mean, its like a fps but puzzle.

Another game you might want to look into by reading your first post is GRAW 2. Great multiplayer, singleplayer is fun. Third Person Shooter, kinda of a combo of gears and cod4. I dunno. :p

Royle
01-30-2008, 08:19 PM
CoD4 is awesome online but no achievements.
I'm waiting for Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 as that will be amazing.
For now I'd get Shadowrun as that is cheap and still has a decent online community and its mainly online no story but it is immense.

Bax x360a
01-30-2008, 10:19 PM
Burnout Paradise it up. Huge online and offline, will keep you playing for AGES.

megadeth12691
01-30-2008, 11:12 PM
Your best bet would be the Orange Box.

Ben Sharpe
01-30-2008, 11:55 PM
Go for the orange box it is fantastic, and team fortress is the best online multiplayer imo, its just so much fun

MrDudeMan
01-31-2008, 01:21 AM
You want a game that has great multiplayer and great singleplayer, go for Rainbow Six Vegas. Its nothing like CoD.

Vista
01-31-2008, 02:04 AM
Burnout Paradise... Awesome online, awesome single player. If you don't like racing wait for Frontlines FoW (coming out in like 2 weeks) or R6v2, which looks stunning (coming out in 1.5 months). Save your money and stick with some CoD4 for now.

..::EDIT::..

Shadowrun!!! Awesome MP, it is only MP. At a nice 30 bucks it will hold you over until GTA, Rainbow and Frontlines IMO. Decently easy achievements and good online community!

MrDudeMan
01-31-2008, 03:16 AM
Burnout Paradise... Awesome online, awesome single player. If you don't like racing wait for Frontlines FoW (coming out in like 2 weeks) or R6v2, which looks stunning (coming out in 1.5 months). Save your money and stick with some CoD4 for now.

..::EDIT::..

Shadowrun!!! Awesome MP, it is only MP. At a nice 30 bucks it will hold you over until GTA, Rainbow and Frontlines IMO. Decently easy achievements and good online community!
Have you played the Frontlines demo? I was so looking forward to it...what a disappointment it was. Feels very last gen.

eXyle
01-31-2008, 05:22 PM
Hmm I don't know why but the only game I think to like from these is The Orange Box, but I was also thinking about waiting 2 weeks or something and get DMC4... hard choices, if you don't have a lot of money.

Kaner99999
02-01-2008, 11:35 PM
burnout paradise!

EvilFrankfurt
02-01-2008, 11:58 PM
I'm surprised no one said GoW. The single player is kind of short imho, but the multiplayer kept me coming back to my friends house. Once I get the money I know I'm going to buy it. Sadly some of the achievements are incredibly hard. For example, 10,000 kills in ranked matches? Are you kidding me? Other than that it's great all around.

Vista
02-02-2008, 03:30 AM
Have you played the Frontlines demo? I was so looking forward to it...what a disappointment it was. Feels very last gen.

last gen??

No way! The gane looks sick, but i rely on MP and with 32 player dedicated servers, tons of vehicles with planes and helicopters!1 It is like GRAW and battlefield combined! Awesome game IMO!

antnie
02-02-2008, 03:34 AM
I would say kane and lynch, fun story and very fun online.

sam49
02-02-2008, 03:13 PM
Wait until Rainbow six vegas 2 comes out. I think it suits your style!

forspeedn21
02-02-2008, 11:08 PM
Go for Burnout Paradise if you love racing games.