PDA

View Full Version : chromehounds demo

Flea
06-29-2006, 02:27 PM
wow its short
as i wasnt to impressed by iti was looking forward to the game but i dont know wether ill get it or not now,
i know theres a few other mech games on the horizon so may hold off and see what they are like

DaveWilma07
06-29-2006, 04:43 PM
wow its short
as i wasnt to impressed by iti was looking forward to the game but i dont know wether ill get it or not now,
i know theres a few other mech games on the horizon so may hold off and see what they are like

I was thinking of downloading this, but the hitman demo tempted me more. :Bounce: The Lost Planet demo is ace.. I may get that.. some mech activity too.

Phaethon360
06-29-2006, 08:18 PM
Lost Planet is far better mech combat game than Chromehounds. It sucks. Single player atleast, and thats all that was in the demo. First off you can't aim while outside of FPS view. You can't even look up at the sky to see incoming missiles. The mechs were slower than Old Snake in a sack race, and then to top it all off your sniper rifles take 20 secs to reload. Your normal guns take 5secs. You're basically too slow to run away, and too slow to fight back. Troops on foot are impossible to kill because splash damage is non-existant in this game.

Graphics weren't the killer of this game, design and implementation were. The lack of a HUD in 3rd person view and really did this one in. You can't zoom when sniping either, so its all or nothing basically. I'm so glad I got this demo. I know to steer clear of it now.