PDA

View Full Version : Your views on cheating? read more..

Cynabal
01-31-2008, 07:17 AM
Ok i love to cheat! BUT let me elaborate...

For example when you finish COD4 and get all the intel items you unlock cheats.

Now i hate the thought of cheating to unlock acheivments (like Oblivion my buddy found a cheat to duplicate items and walzed thru the game with no worry about money or stuff LAME!)

And the though of online cheating.. lets not go there, one of the reasons i stopped playing PC games onine (C-S aimbots anyone)

But i love cheats in games for the final bit of replay value! like i used to love cheating on Half-life on the PC way back, like GOD mode and no clip so you could see behind thta door you could never get to or what would happen if you had the RPG at this part of the game so i could try and shoot Gman in the face.. lol

Crackdown had some fun cheats also!

I think more games should have Cheats when you complete the game on hard or somthing, give you more insentive and a reward! like COD 4 the slow mo and infinate ammo is so much fun, like in ghillie mission see if you could actually complete the mission by killin everyone and not Sneaking:)!

You guys got any memories of fun cheats?

J O 12 D
01-31-2008, 07:56 AM
Final fantasy X (10) had a fun cheat, it allowed you to start with all the best weapons so you could play the game without ever having to switch weapons.

run ita charlie
01-31-2008, 07:58 AM
starcraft cheats :D i used them to get by the campaign lol. The only cheat i used was the operation cwal cheat so that i can build faster. It was fun having a massive protoss carrier fleet moving around and destroying all of the zergs :P

Odiumruse
01-31-2008, 08:54 AM
The obvious answer here will be GTA. The cheats make for a fun side game in this.

Grishnaar
01-31-2008, 08:57 AM
I used to like the cheat from Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds RTS that gave you the ridiculously overpowered Ewok commando. You could take out anything in the game with 2 or 3 of these guys.

-Grishnaar

Cynabal
01-31-2008, 09:30 AM
The obvious answer here will be GTA. The cheats make for a fun side game in this.

Ahh yes another one! GTA was very fun with cheats, get all the guns and make cars fly ect. hehe i really hope GTS IV has option for cheats!

JD FTW
01-31-2008, 09:35 AM
i agree, cheating after you have finished the game for fun i ok. but cheating for achievements is wrong and ruins the point of earning achievements.
I hope GTA VI has spme fun cheats, im really looking forward to it.

DriveByBaptism
01-31-2008, 10:18 AM
Cheats are fun if they're unlocked through game play. Online cheaters should be castrated.

Best fun I had was GTA cheats

goenitz96
01-31-2008, 10:58 AM
Why not it could be fun and add a replay value to the games.

But for me cheat should be earned by playing (like cod4), they should disable achievements and, it must be impossible to activate them in online competition.

Odiumruse
01-31-2008, 11:27 AM
There will always be ways to get around cheats and their effects.

There's a thread in the GTAIV forum about this too, and the basic consensus there is cheats make it fun, as long as they can't help achievements or online play.

Infected Z
01-31-2008, 11:34 AM
There will always be ways to get around cheats and their effects.

There's a thread in the GTAIV forum about this too, and the basic consensus there is cheats make it fun, as long as they can't help achievements or online play.

Yeah as long as they dont help achievements or online play then they are fine. However with GTA you normally get add more life and armour cheats and all weapon cheats, so technically they are helping with achievements, yet I doubt Rockstar would make them lock out achievements. But then again why not?

Daywalker-san
01-31-2008, 12:21 PM
AOE 2 cheat that made a monkey that could annihilate your opponents buildings, i loved that one!
cheats that spoiled a game? Half Life 2 Orange Box, a good set of achievements that were made ultra easy to get by cheats

Otisbum
01-31-2008, 12:27 PM
Dragon Ball Z: Legacy Of Goku (GBA)
Invincibility

It made the game much easier to beat in less than two hours, but it was more fun without the cheat.

vhayste
01-31-2008, 12:29 PM
Having cheats like invincibility and unlimited items really ruins the game. And since you have access to those cheats already, you will be always tempted to use it, specially on tight spots in the game.

o0EVIL0o x360a
01-31-2008, 03:32 PM
Cheats are only good if they help you unlock achievements faster. If they disable achievements, they are useless to me. I liked the cheats for Jericho, and GRAW, that made it a lot faster for me to move on to the next game. ;)

M85A21
01-31-2008, 03:34 PM
^^^ You see that?
That's a Player.
Not these guys that use the cheats (Say they have like 70K- 80K GS) then say they didn't they are all about the game!

Nice one Evil.
By the way, I used them on GR:AW and Blazing Angels. Not Jericho, that was easy anyway.

o0EVIL0o x360a
01-31-2008, 03:45 PM
^^^ You see that?
That's a Player.
Not these guys that use the cheats (Say they have like 70K- 80K GS) then say they didn't they are all about the game!

Nice one Evil.
By the way, I used them on GR:AW and Blazing Angels. Not Jericho, that was easy anyway.

I'm gonna do Blazing Angels soon, I heard it was stupidly easy with the cheats except for one mission that is timed and the cheats don't help you for. You should have used them for Jericho, I was able to sit down, beat it and then get up with the cheats on. lol

M85A21
01-31-2008, 03:50 PM
Lol, I kinda wish I had have used cheats.
But the fact you have regenerative health and the sceintist girl gives you ammo EVERY 5 seconds I thought, meh.
I had to use cheats on Avatar, that was hard man.
Sarcasm.

Daywalker-san
01-31-2008, 04:12 PM
I had to use cheats on Avatar, that was hard man.
Sarcasm.

you mean its even possible to get the 1k without cheats on it?
a man who could do that must be a gaming god...

M85A21
01-31-2008, 04:14 PM
I know, one guy told me he got the 1000 in like 40 seconds. So he obviously cheated man.

SoaringEagle
01-31-2008, 04:44 PM
the goldeneye cheats in n64 when u beat the game MADE MY LIFE, u cant beat levels with them, so it was reply value it was soooo gooodd

DK head, u knife the guy in the head and slow-mo death is turned on, u go, do the objectives, come back to the beginning of the level, and the guy is still falling :)

Royle
01-31-2008, 06:00 PM
GTA and The Sims I think they were both made so you can use cheats on em :P

zlionsfan
01-31-2008, 06:17 PM
One thing I liked about the cheats in GTA is that back before Guitar Hero and Rock Band, when some of my friends and I would get together, we'd put in GTA (I think it was Vice City) and take turns using a character for a few minutes at a time; we just used unlimited ammo so that we could mess around in the city without worrying about picking up clips and stuff. (This was before I had it, and Vice City was the first one I played, so it was my introduction to the series.)

Don Manolo
02-01-2008, 09:06 PM
One thing I liked about the cheats in GTA is that back before Guitar Hero and Rock Band, when some of my friends and I would get together, we'd put in GTA (I think it was Vice City) and take turns using a character for a few minutes at a time; we just used unlimited ammo so that we could mess around in the city without worrying about picking up clips and stuff. (This was before I had it, and Vice City was the first one I played, so it was my introduction to the series.)
Oh yeah I remember doing this to, just getting all the weapons and stuff like that and then cause terror upon the city, and see who survives the longest hehe.. was pretty fun. My opinion on cheats in games : if they unlock achievements faster : I sure use em!! hehe

Augustus
02-01-2008, 10:40 PM
It's nice to see games that still have them. Since the dawn of achievements, they've been left out of many games that would normally have plenty. I miss big heads.

Sanction
02-01-2008, 10:46 PM
GTA3...c'mon, who didn't play that game without cheats on? :D

Kaner99999
02-01-2008, 11:58 PM
Well in some games cheating is hard to go without Grand theft auto for example!
But online cheating is disgusting!

DeathWish93
02-09-2008, 07:25 PM
Ahh yes another one! GTA was very fun with cheats, get all the guns and make cars fly ect. hehe i really hope GTS IV has option for cheats!

Me too, but i think they should look at COD4 and put cheats in when you complete the game to stop people putting on health cheats ect. and whizzing through the game to get the achievements.

v_thorne
02-10-2008, 01:20 AM
Mortal Kombat Trilogy for Ps1 :p

one button fatalities/babalities/friendships/brutalities and the oh so awesome animalities

gskillz99
02-10-2008, 01:30 AM
all gta games have great cheats. its what made the game really fun other than shotting random pedestrians.

speedchudy
02-22-2008, 06:30 PM

I agree. I love the ingame cheats. GTA4 should have some good ones I hope. Haven't tried the COD4 yet. Its all good untill there are cheats online. Thats why I stoped playing Halo 2.

VI JimJam
02-22-2008, 06:35 PM
This is my take on cheating.

I don't mind people who cheat in single player games, as long as they don't take credit or go boasting about how they did it legit.

When it comes to on-line play which is obviously going to affect other players I have a serious problem with this and do get extremely agitated when this happens against me, a prime example was in Halo 2 (people will know what I mean with modders)

Evil_Snow_Man
02-22-2008, 06:39 PM
It doesn't matter if you cheat or don't cheat unless you're doing it online in MP games... that's bad

SmallCheezFry
02-22-2008, 08:04 PM
Back in the day when I used to play the original Doom on the PC... using god-mode and unlocking all the weapons was pretty sick. I used to play that game over and over again using cheats on the hardest level (not nightmare because it didn't let you... they just wanted it to be impossible lol :)).

DocRevolt
02-23-2008, 04:28 AM
Why not it could be fun and add a replay value to the games.

But for me cheat should be earned by playing (like cod4), they should disable achievements and, it must be impossible to activate them in online competition.
Luckily, if you activate a cheat during a mission in Cod4, it's impossible to get any achievements on that level.

SmallCheezFry
02-23-2008, 04:35 AM
O yea... I forgot about the sims. Rosebud FTW.

I could only get so far in that game. I couldn't have my guy go to work everyday AND have like 100 friends to get a promotion.

MapleMire
02-23-2008, 06:55 PM
GTA cheats only make it more fun. I wonder if there is going to be cheats in GTA 4.

Adam Miller
02-23-2008, 07:01 PM
I think it comes down to if it affects other people whether its online or cheating for points when others played fairly.

If its with your friends offline to mess around, make it more fun or GTA style then there is no harm in that, remember the developers put the cheats in....

sharvie
02-24-2008, 12:06 AM
I always remember the fly cheat in the Tony Hawk games where you could just ollie and you would rise up in the air and get obscene scores. Good times.

UNDERWALLY
02-24-2008, 05:30 AM
Grand Theft Auto obviously, those cheats are just soo much fun!

wstussyb
02-24-2008, 07:02 AM
I need some back for Sim City 3000, when you could use a cheat and pick which building you wanted, so you could make the city exactly the way you wanted and not depend on how the CPU wanted it.
Also for Age of Empires, sometimes the CPU would build so freaking fast I could not keep up, lol

Steelhead
02-24-2008, 07:07 AM
Even the games having achievements that will unlock while using cheats is fine with me. A lot of people say that it's wrong to use cheats on games like King Kong, then you search their posts and find them in several achievement trading threads..lol. Personally, I'm not quite sure how using cheats to unlock SP achievements is "cheaper" than trading MP achievements with friends, but that's just me.