PDA

View Full Version : Editing Settings.

Odiumruse
01-31-2008, 11:41 AM
There may already be a way to do this, and it's quite minor but a nice touch, and it may be just me in work that can't do it.

When I quick reply to threads, there isn't a font option...So i use [.font="trebuchet MS"] [./font]. Is there a way to set it so all my messages are in trebuchet ms? Or is it possible to add a font feature to the quick reply.

Although I appreciate not many people actually use the font options, but I was just wondering.

Otisbum
01-31-2008, 12:24 PM
Nope, sorry. There isn't a font preference setting anywhere that I can see.

But there are toolbar add-ons for FireFox that will place certain bbcode tags (chosen by you) into every post you make. I'm not sure if it's an automatic thing or you just need to click a button in the toolbar to insert the tags, but I'm sure it's much easier than manually doing it.

I'll see if I can find one of the add-ons for you if you happen to use FireFox.

EDIT: Here are two, one should be what you're looking for:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/491
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4763

Odiumruse
01-31-2008, 01:13 PM
Ahh I do use Fire fox at home (sadly at work someone got the sack for downloading it so it's old IE6 here) I'll have a look at them when I get home. That would be a massive help for the forums I use.

The Pants Party
01-31-2008, 01:26 PM
Where you normally hit "post quick reply" hit the button next to it to "go advanced" and you will have all the options you are looking for.

Odiumruse
01-31-2008, 01:36 PM
Tut pants, that's far more effort. I was basically looking for the lazy way of doing it.
(That and in work the pages load really slow so takes about 3 minutes to go advanced)
Thanks though, it sounds like the firefox thing will be good.

Plus I leave this job tomorrow, so who knows what my next job will hold in store in terms of internet. May have this forum blocked altogether :o :(

Otisbum
01-31-2008, 09:59 PM
Let me know if one of those suits your needs.