PDA

View Full Version : A little information missing in the achievement guide about the EZI pieces

Ducino
01-31-2008, 12:37 PM
First of all i mean no disrespect to the people who made the achievement guide. The guide has been very usefull to me and many others. I just post this for helping others out. This little information prevent playing the game a third time. I had trouble to the figuring this out so i am playing the game 3 times as well. So here we go :

EZI Pocketbook - Play Score Piece 13 for Tenacious Coronet in Cantabile Inn

This is a litle confusing because there are only 2 people in the Inn and you can play with both a score piece. The one you need is in the room on your right. When you you talk with him for the first time , he will tell you that he lost his pet. So with other words , he wont play his score piece with you untill he has his pet back. Now how does he find his pet back ? You will need a fruitbasket.
Many of you know there is little side quest during the whole game , 'trading'.
You start at the beginning of the game with the rat tail. So you have to trade many items with difrent people during your game. I will post here a list with the items you need and where you can find the people to trade with.
Now its very important you do this at the very start of the game. You can not do this when your in chapter 6 with the teleport because some people will disapear.

Ritardando Sewers : litle girl
Rat tail for Wooden Stick
Ritardando : Old man sitting next to the water
Wooden Stick for Dentures
Agogo Forest old man on a bridge
Dentures for Green paint
Agogo Fortes : Painter
Green paint for Long Johns
Chorus Plains : the man close to the goats
Long Johns for Goat's milk
Hanon Hills :
Goats milk for Piggy bank
Forte City : A litle boy in front of forte castle
Piggy bank for Speed Shoes
Note : You can also find the shoes in a chest on Glissando Cliffs
Hanon Hills : Old man
Speed Shoes for Fruitbasket
Note : You have only 1 chance to get this trade. A soon if you leave the hidden passage ( after breaking out of jail ) you will see a man on Hanon Hills that you didnt see before. He will disapear soon ! Talk with the man and trade your shoes for his fruitbasket and you are ready to get the EZI pocketbook !

So thats about it. I hope i could help some people with my information.
Thank you for reading and if you have any questions please feel free to ask

If this information does not help at all i fully agree to delete/close this thread.

virulence
01-31-2008, 11:48 PM
I got the EZI Pocketbook off Tenacious Coronet in the left hand room about 2 minutes ago. I rushed there after reading your post because I was afraid I was totally boned on this playthrough!

elmuziko
02-04-2008, 06:04 PM
Ah crap i think ive missed this, on chapter 4 of second play through.

Bugger. A third play through? Aww man!

Rubb3r Biscuit
03-08-2008, 10:50 PM
OMG..you have got to be s******g me, i spend absolutely ages following the guide, and it just about misses all the information you actually need, so now im screwed, and i cnt be bothered with another playthrew, this one was painfully repetetive as it is lmao.

Thanks for the information anyway, will be very useful to those who see it

Athandir
03-30-2008, 09:37 AM
Yeh thanks i'm happy i saw this. Just started my second play through properly n hoping to get all the achievements this time :)

zyxomma100
04-06-2008, 04:43 AM
Later in the playthrough you'll unlock a teleporter that allows you to go back to previous points in the game. This is how you get a lot of these score pieces at the end. In fact, the NPC that the OP is talking about doesn't even appear until later when you can come back.

There is only one thing you can possibly mess up for achievements. In Chapter 4 (thanks Mathurin), talk to the old granny is the Baroque Inn, as it's important for a NPC that gives you a Score Piece in Forte later. If you try to come back to her later, she'll be asleep and you'll need a third playthrough to get the Score Piece achievement. Everything else can be gotten in the second playthrough by use of the teleporter, even if you "passed it up" accidentally.

Edit: The trading chain that the OP mentions can be screwed up in several places, but it's not super-important and isn't tied to any achievements (it gets you a Power Ring). That guy with the missing rat is NOT a Score Piece NPC. The correct NPC simply doesn't show up until Chapter 6.

Mathurin47
04-09-2008, 05:09 AM
There is only one thing you can possibly mess up for achievements. In Chapter 6, talk to the old granny is the Baroque Inn, as it's important for a NPC that gives you a Score Piece in Forte later.

You need to talk to Granny in Chapter 4, the first time through Baroque. Then in Chapter 6 you can do a session with the child.

zyxomma100
04-09-2008, 09:34 PM
Yeah, my bad.

Martininja
04-11-2008, 06:04 PM
Later in the playthrough you'll unlock a teleporter that allows you to go back to previous points in the game. This is how you get a lot of these score pieces at the end. In fact, the NPC that the OP is talking about doesn't even appear until later when you can come back.

There is only one thing you can possibly mess up for achievements. In Chapter 4 (thanks Mathurin), talk to the old granny is the Baroque Inn, as it's important for a NPC that gives you a Score Piece in Forte later. If you try to come back to her later, she'll be asleep and you'll need a third playthrough to get the Score Piece achievement. Everything else can be gotten in the second playthrough by use of the teleporter, even if you "passed it up" accidentally.

Edit: The trading chain that the OP mentions can be screwed up in several places, but it's not super-important and isn't tied to any achievements (it gets you a Power Ring). That guy with the missing rat is NOT a Score Piece NPC. The correct NPC simply doesn't show up until Chapter 6.

So, where IS the npc if its not the rat guy, i am on ch6 and theres 4 people in this area:

1- some old man siting outside
2- a fat lady in the center of the in
3- guy in the left (score piece npc, not the one that gives the EZI)
4- guy on the right complaining about the pets

I will realy realy hate this game if i need to go for another run becouse of a stupid STICK or rat thing... and dont get me wrong, but these guides takes a lot of work/time to do, so why not spend 30 seconds writing where the npcs are instead of "in ritardanto" or w/e, seems everyone is in a rush to write the first guide or something.

Martininja
04-11-2008, 06:22 PM
nvm, I fond it, theres 2 npcs on the left door, 1 is the EZI npc, for some reason i never saw her, only thing i did diferent before I realise it was there is that i spent the night at the in (maybe you need to do that idk)