PDA

View Full Version : Father Kills Daughter Over Xbox Console

Weapon 117
01-31-2008, 01:11 PM
http://static.sky.com/images/pictures/1640415.jpg
Tyrone Spellman

A man who played video games for hours each day has been convicted of killing his 17-month-old daughter when she pulled out his Xbox console.

Jurors rejected arguments that Tyrone Spellman had confessed to protect the child's mother.

After a day of deliberation, they convicted Spellman of third-degree murder and child endangerment, for which he faces up to 47 years in prison.

Prosecutors in Philadelphia believe he pummelled Alayiah Turman, cracking her skull several times, while her pregnant mother slept in another room on September 7, 2006.

They argued that Spellman fled the house afterwards, and that the mother, Mia Turman, had no reason to go in the bedroom where the baby was found.

"He spent six to seven hours a day in there playing Xbox," Assistant District Attorney James Berardinelli said.

Spellman, 27, of Philadelphia, confessed to police the next day, but defence lawyer Bobby Hoof said his statement had been coerced after 24 hours in custody.

"He's not happy with the verdict. He does not agree with the verdict, but he respects the jury verdict," Mr Hoof said of Spellman.

A post-mortem examination showed that Alayiah had suffered a broken arm about two weeks before she died - an injury that city social workers did not see on two visits to the house in late August, when they found the toddler well.

The city took custody of the couple's second daughter, born after Alayiah's death.

Source: http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30200-1303175,00.html?f=rss

JD FTW
01-31-2008, 01:20 PM
^Death sentence needed^

adamptfc
01-31-2008, 01:42 PM
^Death sentence needed^
Agreed he obviously has a severe temper problem!

Frizzed
01-31-2008, 01:43 PM
R.I.P to little Alayiah.

He deserves every once of punishment he receives.

Odiumruse
01-31-2008, 02:09 PM
This is the kind of person that justifies capital punishment, I honestly feel saddened to know this kind of person is around, and not being killed himself.

ThaMissinLink
01-31-2008, 02:14 PM
This is beyond ridiculous...this could have been prevented given there were already city workers looking into the abuse and neglected to notice a broken arm MORE THAN ONCE!! Do your fuckin job and get the kid out of an abuse environment before this shit happens...damn..

Infected Z
01-31-2008, 02:15 PM
There are some sick people in the world and this guy is one of them. However how can you say its wrong for him to kill someone then demand he is himself killed, why put him out of the missery of the rest of his life without freedom?

M85A21
01-31-2008, 02:16 PM
There's funny and sad in the gaming world, this is one of those sad things.
He deserves more than what he is getting.
R.I.P Alayiah

JD FTW
01-31-2008, 02:31 PM
There are some sick people in the world and this guy is one of them. However how can you say its wrong for him to kill someone then demand he is himself killed, why put him out of the missery of the rest of his life without freedom?

the bible says "an eye for an eye", he doesnt desevre life.

Aphlix
01-31-2008, 02:37 PM
This is why Mile High Club should NOT Exist

JD FTW
01-31-2008, 02:43 PM
This is why Mile High Club should NOT Exist

i cant believe someone managed to post something in this thread that made me laugh

Aphlix
01-31-2008, 02:51 PM
the bible says "an eye for an eye", he doesnt desevre life.

Ghandi says "An Eye For an Eye makes us all blind"

The Pants Party
01-31-2008, 02:53 PM
First of all... Aphlix, that was a dumb fucking joke. A baby died. Grow up.

Second, the thing I love about America's prison system, is that inmates hate nothing more than child molesters/killers, and will beat the living fuck out of those prisoners every chance they get. Hell, the guards will either help or turn a blind eye. This guy will get what he deserves.

JD FTW
01-31-2008, 02:55 PM

Second, the thing I love about America's prison system, is that inmates hate nothing more than child molesters/killers, and will beat the living fuck out of those prisoners every chance they get. Hell, the guards will either help or turn a blind eye. This guy will get what he deserves.

lets hope so

Aphlix
01-31-2008, 02:56 PM

DID I FUCKING INSULT THE CHILD!? NO!!! LAY THE FUCK OFF!

I know a baby fucking died, I read the thread! Grow up? The hell with that, I don't wanna become old. Chill the hell out, It wasn't an offensive joke, I wasn't insulting anyone (apart from you it seems).

Lay off my back, I've done nothing wrong.

Adam Miller
01-31-2008, 03:01 PM
the thing I love about America's prison system, is that inmates hate nothing more than child molesters/killers, and will beat the living fuck out of those prisoners every chance they get. Hell, the guards will either help or turn a blind eye. This guy will get what he deserves.

I'm with you. Sad to hear. If that was in this country he would be looking at a sentence closer to 47 months.

Aphlix
01-31-2008, 03:02 PM
I'm with you. Sad to hear. If that was in this country he would be looking at a sentence closer to 47 months.

Haha, Ye, Its so stupid here.

M85A21
01-31-2008, 03:03 PM
I wouldn't have done that Aphlix....
I hope he get's the good old bottom of the rung beat down every day in prison.

JD FTW
01-31-2008, 03:05 PM
in England hed of been tagged and made to stay in his house for a week, then after that let free

Aphlix
01-31-2008, 03:06 PM
in England hed of been tagged and made to stay in his house for a week, then after that let free

Im sure we're nicer than that...We may even offer him Community Service so he can get free cookies from the old folks

vhayste
01-31-2008, 03:08 PM
And the Xbox console seems to get the blame again...

INSANEKID13
01-31-2008, 03:09 PM
that sucks just goes to show the some people have tempers. and he should get what he deserves

JD FTW
01-31-2008, 03:09 PM
Jack Thompson is gonna have a field day about this

M85A21
01-31-2008, 03:11 PM
Jack Thompson is gonna have a field day about this

I didn't even think about that =[

JD FTW
01-31-2008, 03:15 PM
it was obvious that the guy was abusing hi daughter (the broken arm) and was going to kill her eventualy but if the media can blame it on his gameing and not his mental issues then thats what they will do because it will cause more constrovicy

Shaaady Souljah
01-31-2008, 03:17 PM
wasn't this an old story? it's just now the verdict has been handed out.. .we already heard about this douche a while back. he was playing, the kid knocked it off and broke it, so he punched her a bunch and threw her on the bed and left. and since the mother did not check in the room, the kid laid there until it was too late. so sad.

he will indeed get what he deserves inside though...

JD FTW
01-31-2008, 03:21 PM
wasn't this an old story? it's just now the verdict has been handed out.. .we already heard about this douche a while back. he was playing, the kid knocked it off and broke it, so he punched her a bunch and threw her on the bed and left. and since the mother did not check in the room, the kid laid there until it was too late. so sad.

he will indeed get what he deserves inside though...

oh, this is the first i herd of it, probably wasnt a member when it first came up and it got no coverage in England

Hotoke
01-31-2008, 03:24 PM

Totally agreed. I'd much rather die than spend 47 years in prison with a bunch of other criminals who could kill me any day.

The Pants Party
01-31-2008, 03:30 PM
DID I FUCKING INSULT THE CHILD!? NO!!! LAY THE FUCK OFF!

I know a baby fucking died, I read the thread! Grow up? The hell with that, I don't wanna become old. Chill the hell out, It wasn't an offensive joke, I wasn't insulting anyone (apart from you it seems).

Lay off my back, I've done nothing wrong.

Yes, you did insult the child by joking about the fact that she was murdered. I doubt you'd think it was funny if you were murdered and someone joked about it.

Also, this has nothing to do with getting old, this has to do with acting like a respectable human being, and respecting the fact that a child died. You made a lame joke in passing like this is something that could in any way be funny. Like someone stepped on a fucking rake or something and you can quip about it.

And you're damn right I take offense. As a father, if my child died, I wouldn't want someone to throw a lame joke out at her expense. I can guarantee any other father would also find it tasteless and offensive.

Like I said, grow the fuck up.

M85A21
01-31-2008, 03:32 PM
^^^And that's why you shouldn't have did it dude.
A kid could die, all condolences are thrown the families way, but when a guy makes a joke, it's gone too far, it also shows your level of maturity towards serious things.

Devoker
01-31-2008, 03:39 PM
A connection between a man... and his Xbox.

M85A21
01-31-2008, 03:40 PM
Seriously shut the fuck up, either send you condolences to the Thread or just leave.

JD FTW
01-31-2008, 03:40 PM
A connection between a man... and his Xbox.

dude thats fucking low, a child died you idiot

The Pants Party
01-31-2008, 04:07 PM
I"m closing this because people are fucking inconsiderate assholes.