PDA

View Full Version : Idea for 1000 Clubs

Xterm1n8or
01-31-2008, 03:45 PM
I was just thinking about something regarding the 1000 Clubs. In each game the people who finish the 1000 1st, 2nd and 3rd have their names in colour.

Now i was thinking nowadays a lot of games have very different release dates in different parts of the world, mainly a game is released in North America then a while later in Europe. So i don't think it is fair to have a top 3 to finish when people have unfair advantages in the length they have the game.

Therefore would it be possible to do one of two options?

The first idea would be to have a top 3 section for North Americans then a top 3 section for Europeans.

Another idea would be to remove the top 3 alltogether.

Would this be too time consuming to do? I guess you would have to look through the top 3 players cards to see where they live but that would only take a minute?

And obviously you wouldnt be able to backtrack for all the games already done but maybe something like this could be implemented from now on?

Just an idea. Thanks.

J O 12 D
01-31-2008, 06:24 PM
I think that would be a really good idea if we had a European 1000 club as well.

Xterm1n8or
01-31-2008, 06:35 PM
I think that would be a really good idea if we had a European 1000 club as well.

Just to make it clear i DON'T mean we should have 2 1000 clubs for each game, a North American one and a European one. I just mean that for the top 3 people who complete the game they should have it subtitled in the 1000 thread something like

1st 3 North Americans 1000s
Joe Bloggs
Joe Briggs
Joe Blaggs

1st 3 Rest of World 1000s
Mike Smith
Mike Smoth
Mike Smooth

Then underneath list the rest of the 1000 club as normal.

Minty
01-31-2008, 06:57 PM
This is the age old arguement for why we dont have awards. What happens when someone joins the site that completed the game before the person whos top of the leaderboard? They deserve the glory, yet we cant take it away from the other person.

Its to much work for Pandora IMO