PDA

View Full Version : Downtown Paradise Smashes

Lord Latimer
01-31-2008, 06:49 PM
has anyone found the 80th smash, the map only has 79 listed (i blew that section up and counted each dot by marking it with a bright sharpie including the 2 clusters of 3 and the 2 clusters of 2)

Outbreaker XXXX
01-31-2008, 08:44 PM
Hey I found that it was 79 too any help would be great, (lord latimer i did the same thing with the guide map too)

Maka
01-31-2008, 10:11 PM
The map has various layers, and wouldnt be surprised if that gate was under another, or a billboard.

Lord Latimer
01-31-2008, 11:23 PM
The one i was missing was on 1st between Root and Glancey,

got all of Palm Bay, but cant find 2 in Harbor town after hours of searching.

yet to try and finish up the 8 in white mountain and 15 in silver lake

I HATE THESE!!!! haahaa

Penn
01-31-2008, 11:40 PM
I got all the smashes very easily. I only used the map to get the last 3 in white mountain as they were driving me insane.

The majority of them come in pairs, some of them have more than 2 smashes on a secret route though so make sure that you follow the entire route through until you are certain there are no smash barriers still up. I made the mistake of tapping a lot of them and not following them through which is where my last 3 smashes were. Annoying to say the least.

Here is a nice tip though which helped me find my smashes much easier. Make sure that you completely knock over all of the smash barriers when you know you've tagged it. This way, when you are screaming down a street at 200mph and you see a smash barrier, you know it's one you have not tagged yet.

Outbreaker XXXX
02-01-2008, 03:05 PM
the map which is on the locations post for all smashes etc has a slight error...
I carefully counted all the yellow dots in Downtown Paradise and there is only 77! there should be 80 i found that i have 79/80 (downtown paradise) its my last smash in the entire game and its the only secret i have left to find. can anyone help i've searched all roads up and down under and over (where possible) Thanks

Penn
02-01-2008, 03:45 PM
the map which is on the locations post for all smashes etc has a slight error...
I carefully counted all the yellow dots in Downtown Paradise and there is only 77! there should be 80 i found that i have 79/80 (downtown paradise) its my last smash in the entire game and its the only secret i have left to find. can anyone help i've searched all roads up and down under and over (where possible) Thanks

Some smashes count for 2 as they are slightly separated so make sure you've completely knocked down all the gates for each one.

Lord Latimer
02-01-2008, 05:29 PM

have you gotten all the billboards downtown? one of the crashes is on a roof you have to jump to from the parking garage down in waterfront in order to smash the billboard.

Outbreaker XXXX
02-02-2008, 01:39 PM
Yeah got all the billboards and superjumps even decided to go through the map once more and scouted EVERY road in downtown paradise to make sure ive smashed every gate.. including all the parking garages and gates ontop of them so i dunno whats happened. I hope i find it or i might have to start a new game and go straight for all the smashes

Outbreaker XXXX
02-03-2008, 12:27 AM
Hey thought i'd say I found it thanks to one of my online buddies who showed me my last smash in downtown paradise... It was on the train tracks which i missed like an idiot lol

VisitorQ
02-03-2008, 11:37 PM
Hey thought i'd say I found it thanks to one of my online buddies who showed me my last smash in downtown paradise... It was on the train tracks which i missed like an idiot lol

You can't be more specific. I too am missing one. Plus I'm (almost) certain I have all the ones in the guide.

Any possibility of taking a picture or something?

pitnyelder
02-04-2008, 03:04 PM
I got to 78/80 using the map, and then I got stuck for a long time. I finally found the gate that you access by driving into a building from the railroad tracks, which got me to 79. Then I found #80 as a product of tracking down all the billboards; it was the gate that blocked the stairs to the billboard that is on the second story of a building on 1st St. next to the tracks.

Now on to Harbor Town.

Orange and Blue
02-04-2008, 09:55 PM
I found all the remaining smashes i had last night (about 10 of em in an hour or so). very easy....all I did was open the map with MS paint and blacked out the smashes (yellow dots) in black when i found them. Then just drove to all the locations on the map until they were all discovered

***This might not be news to most people but if you press start and click the discovery option it names the part of town the smashes you dont have are. Some people were unaware of this) This only really helps if you have the map showing the borders of the areas in the city. I just broke down my searches to one part of the city then moved onto the next. Good luck, and any ?'s, message me over live GT: Orange and Tool