PDA

View Full Version : Requesting...

Odiumruse
02-01-2008, 10:00 AM
Sadly searching isn't working in work. So i'll hope noone has mentioned this before.

Whilst sat looking for Fight Night 3 online after not finding it in any of the shops around here. I thought. Maybe on here as well as selling we could have a requesting forum.

Now I know, this could bring t he potential for fraud. Not sending games, not paying etc. Which is why the same rules as for selling would need to be applied, for example.

Person A requests Kane And Lynch.
Person B has and is willing to sell it.

Person B then puts it on Ebay, with the buy it now option set to what price the two have agreed. There's a few things that would need to be set in stone and followed like a thin line.

But it has potential once all areas have been looked at I think.

Bax x360a
02-01-2008, 10:50 AM
I think its a good idea myself, aslong as there is only a Buy It Now price, that way the seller won't get screwed out, even if somebody else buys it. The only problem I can see with this though is if somebody buys out the item before the intended member.

The Pants Party
02-01-2008, 01:52 PM
Well, if person B was willing to sell he, he'd probably already put it on ebay and post in the Garage Sale, eh? ;)

It's not a bad idea. A single stickied thread in the GS forum where people could request might be an option.

I'll leave the final call up to Minty though, he's paranoid.

Odiumruse
02-01-2008, 02:17 PM
That is true, but for example, I have at home NHL 2k7. (I know bad example) I wont sell it, but if someone on here wanted a copy of it...Then I might be willing to sell.

It may even be broad enough to go into lending, but I don't agree with that side myself, causes too much area for theft, unless you can make it contract binding in a thread, but I don't know enough about law for that idea.

Minty
02-01-2008, 03:42 PM
Paranoid.... I just try and keep us trouble free :p

IF we we're to have a request forum, the site would have no responsibilty for people that tried to organise things through PMs etc, we would still be enforcing a Paypal/eBay only rule....

PerpetualHeaven
02-01-2008, 07:58 PM
I like the idea. Sometimes there aren't those games on eBay and maybe some people don't want to sell them but then change their mind if they see a request. Good idea, but would have to be properly planned in my opinion. Can't just go all gung-ho about it. I think it should be a subforum of the garage sale area.

Odiumruse
02-01-2008, 08:24 PM
Agreed it would have to be properly planned, and looked into. Otherwise it would lead to problems. Done correctly however, it could lead to a lot of good outcomes.