PDA

View Full Version : This game even fun?

D e 5 t R u C t
02-01-2008, 04:52 PM
fun? at all? maybe?

xRogue 5x
02-01-2008, 05:11 PM
I found the game to be a lot fun so far and have really enjoyed the story line. It's not for everyone. The game itself is very confusing, has a high learning curve and the points come easy. But If you can get past that then its a blast. It has a very japanese/anime feel so if you don't like those I would pass on it. It feels to me like one of those love it or hate it games.

bethelyoda
03-01-2008, 04:07 PM
I found the game to be a lot fun so far and have really enjoyed the story line. It's not for everyone. The game itself is very confusing, has a high learning curve and the points come easy. But If you can get past that then its a blast. It has a very japanese/anime feel so if you don't like those I would pass on it. It feels to me like one of those love it or hate it games.

Exactly!

One of the more (potentially) confusing things about this game is how you maneuver. You roll your ship and then pull up, or push down. This method is true to efficient maneuvering in space; however, simply dodging a friendly warship can have you ending your maneuver 'upside down' and cause you to lose your bearings. You end up spending much of your time looking at the map getting your bearings.

Faroon
03-02-2008, 09:06 AM
Exactly. And it doesn't help that the radar is basically in two dimensions, and with no horizon frame of reference the comments of "He's above you" from your wingmen are particularly useless.

I'm finding it confusing, and very difficult. I'm going to restart on Easy, and hope I still get the achievements.

MrNuts
03-13-2008, 01:59 PM
I'm enjoying it somewhat. I got it very cheap, and I've never played a flight sim/shooter type game. Initially it's very confusing, but I'm getting the hang of it. It's not a great game, but I think the fact that it's so different from anything I've ever played is refreshing.

On a side note, I hate it when my allies fly in front of me when I'm firing at an enemy then yell at me for shooting them. Jerks.

johnnyd
05-24-2008, 08:29 PM
Im finding it fun so far. I picked it up "used" from blockbuster... brought it home, realized it still had a microsoft seal on it (not broken) so i got it brand new for $6 haha

Pedle Zelnip
07-29-2008, 04:24 AM
Ha ha I beat you, got it for $5. :p

I'm passing on it though. Played the tutorial and mission 1 and thought it seemed cool, but I can't get past level 2 on the easiest difficulty.

There is just waaaaaay too much shit happening at once to try and focus your attention on what's important. The wingmen are useless, you either have to repeatedly order them to do things (micro-manage), or leave them to do whatever the hell they want (in which case you're screwed).

So much potential, but just too hard. You have to really enjoy it to get into it, and I just thought it was decent, not great.

David x360a
08-25-2008, 08:49 AM
I am going to try this game on my GF's account. It seems to be a love it or hate it game, don't want is as a 50/1000 or something game on my list if I hate it lol.

M4573RxB0x
01-09-2009, 11:33 AM
I just got the game for 5 and haven't looked at any videos or gameplay of it yet. It sound like I'm either going to have a lot of fun or just run through it for achievements.

XeonMasta
03-06-2009, 02:35 PM
I just got the game for 5 and haven't looked at any videos or gameplay of it yet. It sound like I'm either going to have a lot of fun or just run through it for achievements.

That made mu laugh. This is not that kind of game. This is a HARD 1000/1000.

I just re-bought this game after some time. So i will play it as far as i can now. It is a good game thou.

Indie Hero
11-11-2009, 05:57 PM
I saw this at wal mart for about $10... I'm considering it. It looks okay.